First Gen LP570 bumper

CPUNLAMD

Hey guys. New to the forum. I've been doing a bit of research so that I can replace my factory 2004 G bumper with something more aggressive. I came across RSC panels, and may go that route given the great fitment and polyurethane LP 560 bumper, BUT does anyone have any info on any good fitting LP 570 front bumper? I'm trying to stay away from fiberglass and will need it to fit well (something close to factory).

(pic for attention)

DMC13018.jpg

Hey guys. New to the forum. I've been doing a bit of research so that I can replace my factory 2004 G bumper with something more aggressive. I came across RSC panels, and may go that route given the great fitment and polyurethane LP 560 bumper, BUT does anyone have any info on any good fitting LP 570 front bumper? I'm trying to stay away from fiberglass and will need it to fit well (something close to factory).

(pic for attention)

DMC13018.jpg

Found it! You guys are slow!

http://www.renownautostyle.com/store.html#...ategory=9395032

Made in polyurethane as well.

Rsc

Renown

IMS auto design. https://instagram.com/p/BarIwdZHAVv/

Vorsteiner https://instagram.com/p/BZ4n6b0D61G/

Some are longer which makes the nose look longer so it s all on how you want the look to be aggressive.

IMS seems to sell the same body parts that RSC sells for a lot cheaper. Can anyone confirm fitment?

I've seen issues with each brand. It's all in the skill of the body shop to match and massage body lines.

Hey Dave. Thanks for chiming in. There seems to be variations of both the pre-LP 560/570 bumpers made in FRP, but only 1 option for both in polyurethane. While some of them may fit well, it is not ideal to use FRP in a high contact area like the front bumper. Generally FRP is a bad idea period. But from my research the only way to go for the pre-LP 560 front bumper is RSC and pre-LP 570 is Renown. Hope this helps any future inquries.

Hey Dave. Thanks for chiming in. There seems to be variations of both the pre-LP 560/570 bumpers made in FRP, but only 1 option for both in polyurethane. While some of them may fit well, it is not ideal to use FRP in a high contact area like the front bumper. Generally FRP is a bad idea period. But from my research the only way to go for the pre-LP 560 front bumper is RSC and pre-LP 570 is Renown. Hope this helps any future inquries.

The LP570 Style bumper from Renown is made of Fiber Glass Reinforced Plastic FRP and not Polyurethane according to the vendor website.

http://www.renownautostyle.com/store.html#...ategory=4680715

R70 Bumper FRP Composite w/ FRP Center Splitter. Developed for the 2004-2008 Lamborghini Gallardo. Fully paintable FRP composite material. Ideal for hot climates where temperatures won't deform the bumper. Features paintable FRP fiber center piece and three piece grill set.

Comes unpainted.

Freight rate will vary on this item. Bumper weights 10lbs, shipped weight is 30lbs. Please add to cart and check out. We will process the freight charges in a seperate transaction.

The LP570 Style bumper from Renown is made of Fiber Glass Reinforced Plastic FRP and not Polyurethane according to the vendor website.

http://www.renownautostyle.com/store.html#...ategory=4680715

R70 Bumper FRP Composite w/ FRP Center Splitter. Developed for the 2004-2008 Lamborghini Gallardo. Fully paintable FRP composite material. Ideal for hot climates where temperatures won't deform the bumper. Features paintable FRP fiber center piece and three piece grill set.

Comes unpainted.

Freight rate will vary on this item. Bumper weights 10lbs, shipped weight is 30lbs. Please add to cart and check out. We will process the freight charges in a seperate transaction.

Please read the description page carefully. The only thing FRP/Carbon Option is for the blade in the middle of the bumper. The rest of the bumper is polyurethane. The sellers whole spiel about warping under extremely warm climates is describing the nature of the polyurethane bumper.

Please read the description page carefully. The only thing FRP/Carbon Option is for the blade in the middle of the bumper. The rest of the bumper is polyurethane. The sellers whole spiel about warping under extremely warm climates is describing the nature of the polyurethane bumper.

Item description: R70 Bumper FRP Composite w/ FRP Center Splitter . Is FRP (Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic ) composite material same as polyurethane ?

Here is an article describing aftermarket body kit materials in layman term that most of us can understand

http://www.fiberwerks.com/polyurethane,_fiberglass,_frp.htm

Fiberglass or FRP?

Don’t be fooled, Fiberglass and FRP are the same product. Some companies have tried to deceive people by implying that "FRP" is some sort of new highly flexible space age product. FRP stands for Fiber Reinforced Plastic, which is simply the non-trademarked name for fiberglass. Fiberglass resin is a form of plastic. Any material that has strands, cloth or mats and resins to make up their structure are called composites. Some after market companies add a second chemical to their resin to make the resin even more flexible, which aids during installation of a poorly fitting part, but there are side effects to this process. Most notable is that we've seen substantial warping and dimpling of these types of parts over several years of service when exposed to the sun and elements. In addition, repair of such a part is made more difficult due the varied chemicals used, which can cause a problem with what is called "secondary bonding." We have a few bumpers here at our shop, which were made by other companies to be more "flexible." They are bumpers that were left here by customers after having us install one of our bumpers on their car because they couldn't stand to look at the dimpled poor quality any longer.

Who Uses Fiberglass?

Specialty auto manufacturers that make limited production cars such as Ferrari make their bumpers out of a high quality fiberglass, as do we. I don’t recall every hearing a Ferrari owner wishing that his bumpers were made out of polyurethane! As with anything, there are different grades/qualities of fiberglass just as there are with plastics. In addition, most high-end limited production aftermarket companies such as ourselves, Techart, Gemballa, etc. also produce their parts primarily out of fiberglass, only they sell their parts at unreasonable prices and we believe in value. The benefits to fiberglass parts "FRP" when manufactured correctly are that they have excellent UV and chemical resistance, has a longer life expectancy than polyurethane, hold their shape over their lifetime, are very durable and strong having one of the highest strength to weight ratios, and are pound for pound stronger than steel, have low weight, perform better in extreme temperatures, salty or humid conditions. Fiberglass is actually more rugged than carbon fiber since it can flex farther without breaking. The biggest plus to fiberglass composite parts for bumper construction is that they are infinitely repairable. So, if damaged any body shop can repair it saving a lot of money over having to replace a factory bumper every time it gets damaged.