UGR LP570 DCT SWAP

302-8-U

From the research I have done personally... I looked at doing an R8.

The frame rail was different, so there would be a lot of things to change.

However, that being said... I am sure there is a "way" But I do not think it would be cost effective.

You also have to figure the tech of an E-Gear is much less than the dual clutch. The systems are just next level of the new cars...

Mike

I know an engineer that is doing a similar project. He would be the guy to ask if you REALLY wanted to do it. Currently, he is converting an E90 M3 V8 DCT to fit onto an E60 M5 V10. Fitment is similar between the two transmissions, but it comes down to the software that manages them. If he had some time, I'm sure he could find a way to do the swap.

From the research I have done personally... I looked at doing an R8.

The frame rail was different, so there would be a lot of things to change.

However, that being said... I am sure there is a "way" But I do not think it would be cost effective.

You also have to figure the tech of an E-Gear is much less than the dual clutch. The systems are just next level of the new cars...

Mike

Didn't realize that but thanks for the information.

probably better off with the sequential box. No clutch > dual clutch.

Tiago, I think it depends on what your after... All out speed the sequential would be great, but just for the enjoyment of driving, the dct would sound unreal with a gen I G that whales like they do...

probably better off with the sequential box. No clutch > dual clutch.

How do the sequentials drive with traffic on the street? I wonder if it's any worse than a normal 6-speed.

Tiago, I think it depends on what your after... All out speed the sequential would be great, but just for the enjoyment of driving, the dct would sound unreal with a gen I G that whales like they do...

I agree :)

Everything is possible with all these new dct cars upgrading to a sequential I'm sure UGR have plenty of spares by now

Well if you can put a dog box on the huracan that use to fit onto a LP car, then yes a dct should fit into an LP car. Frame rail shouldn't matter unless there isn't enough room in the LP car for the DCT tranny.

Software can be done by Motec as a standalone TCM or another company.

I don't think the DCT tranny will fit a prelp without a custom bellhousing which is also possible.

I heard the dog box is not a street car tranny for MOST people but I would push it if it were remotely reasonable.

Sequential tranny on the street??....probably a bit much for most here (myself included ).

DCT swap........ enuff cash, enuff said. Standalone ECU sounds like a good way to go along with a custom bell housing should make the swap easy as pie.

Unless you just really like the older cars better than the Huracan it will be best to sell the older car and buy a Huracan from a money standpoint of just wanting a DCT. If money is not a concern and you want a LP with a DCT, of course its possible. ;)

Unless you just really like the older cars better than the Huracan it will be best to sell the older car and buy a Huracan from a money standpoint of just wanting a DCT. If money is not a concern and you want a LP with a DCT, of course its possible. ;)

Guess I should DCT mine since it's had every other trans in it that's made.

We need to try the TH400 next. ;)

With a Hurst pistol grip shifter!

• 2 months later...
How about a even fire crankshaft and cams for a 5.2L so we can bring back that shriek of the Pre-LP cars to these new models?

I'd like to know the answer to this myself. If anyone could do it, UR could.

Also, why did they make the change in the first place? Did it product more power?

I'd like to know the answer to this myself. If anyone could do it, UR could.

Also, why did they make the change in the first place? Did it product more power?

Smoother engine characteristics and less vibration.