Veyron GS Vitesse vs Agera R

SCL_Blackbird

Thanks for posting, race starts at 2:50 min just in case you don't enjoy Allan's friend presentation :icon_mrgreen:

Edit: I think I posted the time before your edit.

Thanks for posting, race starts at 2:50 min just in case you don't enjoy Allan's friend presentation :icon_mrgreen:

Edit: I think I posted the time before your edit.

Either way it doesn't matter. I deleted it. :icon_thumleft:

With similar hp and 500kg less weight the outcome was less of a rape than one would expect really.....

I would still take the Veyron any day of the week.....it is a much better car.

Mine's a pur blanc please :icon_mrgreen:

Also, these Gustav vids are never really convincing...in the last bout at the circa. 6.45 mark where the Agera steps on it losing traction, you can clearly hear that he doesn't punch the Veyron for a few seconds after to play catch up once the camera is back in...it's all bollocks.

Because the only track that's long enough to give it the legs to challenge the Bugatti is a VW-owned test track. And apparently those guys aren't interested in renting their track out to Koenigsegg ;).

Because the only track that's long enough to give it the legs to challenge the Bugatti is a VW-owned test track. And apparently those guys aren't interested in renting their track out to Koenigsegg ;).

:iamwithstupid:

Ya... You'd think the Swedes could find SOMEWHERE to throw it down - but then you realize 270+ mph is hard to obtain anywhere in the world.

I seem to remember something about needing a 4 mile straight away. And obviously you don't just do that anywhere if you want to reach the projected 275 mph. At that speed the tarmac has to be pretty damn perfect.

Although the SCC did something on a closed road in Montana or somewhere?

I love those cars for what they are and what they represent top of the food chain and I wouldn't have it any other way but in actual reality anything over 200 MPH is irrelevant unless you live in Germany near the Autobahn or you are prepared to risk jail time on public roads.

I like Lambo's philosophy on shifting focus from top end speed to acceleration, handling and braking, most of the driving happens between 0-130 MPH, the faster and safer you can get there and come back the more exciting the ride is.

Fortis, the two things are the same, though, once you're rolling and free from traction problems. A car that can go 270 is going to feel much, much faster than one that goes 210 as long as you're not talking about initial traction.

And to be honest, I care about rolling speeds. I can't remember the last time I did a launch control start in any of my cars.

I completely agree, rolling speed is what counts the most but speaking strictly for myself and the way I use the car having a lighter more nimbler car which provides very good handling and braking with big bursts of acceleration is my preferred option.

The only way to avoid issues on public roads is to stay on isolated twisties at fairly low speeds, hence my preference for light weight good handling cars.

I can only dream of living somewhere in Germany near the Autobahn, I would get a Veyron in a heartbeat, my absolute dream car, I visit my friend there quite often but living there, unfortunately for me, isn't an option and I don't think it will ever be so may of the cars I would love to own are off the table.

Where I live everything is against owing one of those dream cars, the lack of availability of most super cars, cost, vilification of everything remotely related to any kind of speeding, tall poppy syndrome, etc, etc. if you are a car fanatic as I am it's quite frustrating. That's the thing I hate most about this place but on the other hand there are many, many other good things which make up for it.

Fortis, everything you say is an argument for the Koenigsegg. It's faster than a Veyron, yet weighs 300kg less than even an Aventador! The two things are not in opposition. You can make light, fast cars that also have amazing top speeds. Koenigsegg is obviously the king in that combo but even cars like the Huayra follow the same play book. Very light, great top speed.

In fact, the part that's in opposition is getting faster 0-60 numbers and having a lighter car. Most of the super fast 0-60 cars are all AWD cars that are also quite porky. See the latest EVO where even Lamborghini is acknowledging as much and questioning whether AWD really needs to be part of the Lambo DNA (since it makes their goal of

going lighter harder).

The Koenigsegg looks deceivingly heavy, I watched the mini series about the manufacturing process and the R&D behind it, I must say I was very impressed but for me the Veyron is really the ultimate machine, engineering marvel.

You make a very good point, the faster the 0-60 the more heavy tech they need to pack in, AWD in particular, I wonder how my 570 would feel without the front shafts :icon_mrgreen:

I completely agree, rolling speed is what counts the most but speaking strictly for myself and the way I use the car having a lighter more nimbler car which provides very good handling and braking with big bursts of acceleration is my preferred option.

The only way to avoid issues on public roads is to stay on isolated twisties at fairly low speeds, hence my preference for light weight good handling cars.

I can only dream of living somewhere in Germany near the Autobahn, I would get a Veyron in a heartbeat, my absolute dream car, I visit my friend there quite often but living there, unfortunately for me, isn't an option and I don't think it will ever be so may of the cars I would love to own are off the table.

Where I live everything is against owing one of those dream cars, the lack of availability of most super cars, cost, vilification of everything remotely related to any kind of speeding, tall poppy syndrome, etc, etc. if you are a car fanatic as I am it's quite frustrating. That's the thing I hate most about this place but on the other hand there are many, many other good things which make up for it.

where do u live? it is exactly how I feel about living in Dubai. So much so, that I am selling my beast ZR1.