Battery location on LP700-4

SiamBeast

Hi guys, I'll be attempting my first DIY project on my Lambo. I ordered a AL Priority laser jammer with 4 heads (2 at the back, 2 at the front) and I'll be attempting the installation myself (the service center wouldn't install it because of legal stuff).

I have 1 control box that needs to be plugged on the battery, and 4 heads with 4m long wires that I'll fit near the front & back license plates.

1) Where is the battery? For some reason, online research would only turn Gallardo results. I've heard that I have to take out the front storage compartment, just wanted to confirm this.

2) Anything special I need to consider before I start passing wires around?

If everything goes well, I'll document this with pictures and post it.

What year is your AV?

If it has start/stop, I would suggest you not to proceed. Right beside the battery is a super capacitor which stores high current for the start/stop circuitry. Not a good idea to play with the electrical if a big capacitor is somewhere in the path. And yes, the battery is only accessible once you remove the front storage tub.

What year is your AV?

If it has start/stop, I would suggest you not to proceed. Right beside the battery is a super capacitor which stores high current for the start/stop circuitry. Not a good idea to play with the electrical if a big capacitor is somewhere in the path. And yes, the battery is only accessible once you remove the front storage tub.

Year's 2012. What do you mean by start/stop?

If your car is 2012, then it does not have Start/Stop. The pic that Fortis posted would resemble your car. Aventador from 2013 and onward have another "box" to the right of the battery (right side as in looking at the pic directly) that houses the capacitor and the wiring is a bit different.

Start/Stop is a circuitry that has been present for most cars made in the last 3-4 years. The engine dies when the car stops such as during a red traffic light. Once you remove you foot from the brake peddle, the engine will restart itself. This is suppose to save fuel and to lower emission. Pointless for a Lambo IMO but I guess they have to comply to regulations too. There is a switch on the centre dash to defeat Start/Stop but obviously that only applies to 2013 & onward cars.

Yep its in the front, only problem is you need to take the inner lining bucket out to get to it and to get it that out you need to remove the bonnet, mark it all up to get it back on straight.

Its not a good design!

Thanks guys. Gotta have to delay the project a bit, when I was driving fast (above 150 km/h) I heard a weird metal noise coming from under the car. Upon inspection, it turns out that I had broken the protective panel due to driving in a bumpy street where I shouldn't have. The new panel will take 2 weeks to arrive, so the car is at the service center now.