RWD Veyron

Falken

This may seem like a silly question...but its late enough for silly questions.

Could a veyron be converted to RWD? many have gone this route with murci's and diablo's...removing the front shafts and diffs...resulting in a lighter, sharper and some would say more entertaining car to drive. Could this be done with a veyron? (probably one that is off warranty) Shouldnt be too costly as you're removing parts not adding parts...and should be reversible if the results were not desirable. thoughts?

I would imagine that the Veyron has a much more complicated AWD system (more Gallardo less Murci). Then again I know that Audi R8s have been converted to RWD...ask Duhawks how that went.

Why mess with perfection?

Because Race Car doesn't even cut it here. It will be the craziest and stupidest thing ever done with a car! :jerry:

Because Race Car doesn't even cut it here. It will be the craziest and stupidest thing ever done with a car! :jerry:

:iamwithstupid:

I would imagine that the Veyron has a much more complicated AWD system (more Gallardo less Murci). Then again I know that Audi R8s have been converted to RWD...ask Duhawks how that went.

More Aventador, less Gallardo.

If the Veyron is known for its usable-anytime-anywhere power then making it RWD would just leave with you with a 4500 lbs monster that's nowhere near as usable and defeating the very purpose of the car. And for what payoff? A slightly sharper steering 4500 lbs car?

Wouldn't it just make it similar (theoretically) to how you would have to drive the Koenigseggs, Paganis, Venom GT, SSC Aeros etc etc? In a way, those are pretty fast and whatnot...I agree that it makes no sense, but again, hypothetically, if it were done, would it become sluggish due to two wheels powering that car and weight as opposed to all four?

• 2 months later...
This may seem like a silly question...but its late enough for silly questions.

Could a veyron be converted to RWD? many have gone this route with murci's and diablo's...removing the front shafts and diffs...resulting in a lighter, sharper and some would say more entertaining car to drive. Could this be done with a veyron? (probably one that is off warranty) Shouldnt be too costly as you're removing parts not adding parts...and should be reversible if the results were not desirable. thoughts?

I was actually thinking of using my new craftsman skill saw and making mine a convertible. Shouldnt be that hard.......... :eusa_wall: