Oil Change

megachad

So lambo Calls for this spec on all Gear oil and Diff fluid

MIL-L2105D

API GL4/5

MIL-PRF 2105E (NOW SAE J 23

Well after all the research i have done GL-5 gear oils are not good for synchro transmissions. Even the ones that say gl4/5... The factory fluids chart for the lambo does show the gearbox to use api gl4/5 but it also shows that in the diffs.. which is just fine in a diff because they don't have synchro's. To stay safe I will stay with a gl4 only. Gl5 is hard on the soft metals in the transmission (synchro's)

So after all the research I think I will mix 3qt redline mt90 with .5q mtl. I do this in my race car. The MTL helps soften it up a bit and should help on early gear changes. However, these cars like the trans to be warm to be able to shift.. So if you aren't shifting into gear easily first thing on a drive don't worry. Just let the trans warm up a bit and it will shift smooth as silk.

It seems I have found that Mobile 1 Delvac 75w90 is made by amsoil and it has the old specification of mil-prf 2105e (updated to sae j 2360) this is a military type oil for heavy duty applications which is what the AGIP oil was made for.. Like tractors... Like a lamborghini... LOL.. So this is a proper fluid for the front and rear differential in the diablo's and murcielago's. Pretty affordable as well.

Info on mobile 1 delvac 75w90 gear oil

tem: Gear Oil, ISO Viscosity Grade: Not Specified, SAE Grade: 75W-90, Base Oil: Synthetic, Container Size: 1 gal., Lubricant NSF Rating: Not Rated, Viscosity Index: 140, Flash Point: 205 Degrees C, Pour Point: -48 Degrees C, Container Type: Can, Timken OK Load: Not Specified, Standards: API GL-5 and MT-1; SAE J2360, Application: For Off-Highway Industries Including: Construction, Mining, Quarrying, and Agriculture. On-Highway Trucks, Buses, and Vans, Four-Ball Wear: Not Specified

Info on MT90 redline

Manual transmission gear lube 75W90 GL-4 that offers quicker shifts, improved coefficient of friction, and better gear protection. Also offers better cold shifting and works with high and low mileage vehicles

info on MTL redline

same as MT90 just 75w80

I tried a lot of fluids in the Murci transmission over the past year. The one that made the biggest difference with cold shifting was the Red Line ATF, which is also spec'd for manual transmissions. But I don't really like using that spec long term in the transmission, so I switched back to a normal GL-4. The Ford XT was the next best, then the Red Line. Lots of others like Royal Purple, Amsoil, Motul, etc were pretty bad when cold, but fine when warmed up.

For the differential, I went with Red Line's GL-5 fluid that is listed as a direct replacement for the AGIP.