CIS to EFI Conversion

islandguy

Setting aside the Carbs vs FI discussion (figured I throw that out first)…

…has anyone converted their CIS FI to EFI? A popular option on 911’s, wondering if there's an option for the CT.

Allan did years ago but with an Electromotive system. There are much better systems out there now. We had another member who had purchased a QV with a system motec already installed. I don't recall his user name but this was the car.

I think his user name was RatedX?

Setting aside the Carbs vs FI discussion (figured I throw that out first)…

…has anyone converted their CIS FI to EFI? A popular option on 911’s, wondering if there's an option for the CT.

I did it on my first Countach. Electromotive EFI along with distributorless ignition. Night and day difference.

Thanks for the feedback abolfaz and Allan. For the Electromotive TEC3 it looks like you need 2 modules for a 12. Originality aside was the difference enough that you'd do it again?

The original Bosch system is excellent. It's reliable, smooth, and very low maintenance.

No reason to change it IMO.

A lot of "car collectors" who don't drive often dislike the Bosch system, but I've spoken to high level mechanics who have worked on Lambos for 20+ years and they love it.

The original Bosch system is excellent. It's reliable, smooth, and very low maintenance.

No reason to change it IMO.

A lot of "car collectors" who don't drive often dislike the Bosch system, but I've spoken to high level mechanics who have worked on Lambos for 20+ years and they love it.

The bosch system is reliable, but the EFI and distributorless ignition bring the engine alive in a way you would not believe. Throttle response, tractability, power, idle etc are night and day. I believe the motec powered Countach was dynoed at over 420rwhp. Thats more power than a Diablo SV makes with full exhaust. I never dynoed my car. Powerwise all I remember is in stock form against my friends Mustang 5.0 that had a 60 shot of nitrous, my Countach would be neck and neck with him. After the conversion the Countach would walk away from him, getting sideways in second gear.

Whether I would do it today, due to the cars increasing in value and the fact that I really don't use the power that much anyway, no I wouldnt do it again in today's world. My first Countach I drove much more often, and the conversion was well worth it. This was however in the late 90s.

The bosch system is reliable, but the EFI and distributorless ignition bring the engine alive in a way you would not believe. Throttle response, tractability, power, idle etc are night and day. I believe the motec powered Countach was dynoed at over 420rwhp. Thats more power than a Diablo SV makes with full exhaust. I never dynoed my car. Powerwise all I remember is in stock form against my friends Mustang 5.0 that had a 60 shot of nitrous, my Countach would be neck and neck with him. After the conversion the Countach would walk away from him, getting sideways in second gear.

Whether I would do it today, due to the cars increasing in value and the fact that I really don't use the power that much anyway, no I wouldnt do it again in today's world. My first Countach I drove much more often, and the conversion was well worth it. This was however in the late 90s.

Thanks Allan, this is exactly the type of information I was looking for. Agree that the times of heavily modifying CT’s for performance is long gone, however when friends/customers ask we support them the best we can.

Info like this is what makes this site AWESOME…!

Thanks again, Larry

I can see that it would make more power, but who needs that much power? Any Countach has more power than you would use on the street, and at this point not many people would drive a Countach at the track. Keep the Bosch if you can would be my advice to anyone asking about an upgrade.

Thanks Allan, this is exactly the type of information I was looking for. Agree that the times of heavily modifying CT’s for performance is long gone, however when friends/customers ask we support them the best we can.

Info like this is what makes this site AWESOME…!

Thanks again, Larry