New Toy

Chipster

So I had a GSXR 600 back in 2001 that I bought new while I was in college and put 1000 miles on but never ended up getting my license. And I sold it about a year later. So this spring I finally got to thinking about it and decided to do one of the motorcycle courses. The class got delayed multiple times do to repaving and remarking the course. But I had been looking for a while and wasn't sure between another sportbike or a chopper but a chopper would have been more than I wanted to spend. And then I found this which was already modified how I wanted. Picking it up on Friday! And the car is almost done so I've got some enjoyable driving time left this year! It's an 07 Hayabusa with a 330 kit, exhaust, lowered, etc.

post-3902-1405991764_thumb.jpg

post-3902-1405991775.jpg

post-3902-1405991751.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haahaa that will be fun!

Thanks guys! I'm very excited. Getting it from a dealer but the previous owner also put a NOS kit on it. No plans to use it though lol. I need more garage space!

Congrats Chip. Don't die.
:iamwithstupid:

Good for you for taking the safety course! That's how we got started a few years ago.

Congrats on another gorgeous machine! Enjoy and please be safe.

Congrats Chip. Don't die.

Lol, I will be careful! I need to get used to the wide tire anyways.

Thanks Carol. The course makes a big difference. Most of that stuff you don't need during normal riding but in the off chance you do, it's better to know it. Also helped me to know weak areas. But practice in general will help quick.

I'm thinkin' the combination of the extended swingarm and the extra-fat rear will be difference enough to get used to versus your original GSX-R600...practically a different machine all together.

I ride street and track,Safety course doesn't do shit. Get to a track school like California superbike. You will learn some proper skills then. I raced bikes for years and still go to courses to keep me sharp. This is me at miller in Utah 2 weeks ago

Very Cool !! Congrats

Like some have stated.. this one will ride completely different. In the corners the wide tire bikes do not like to lay

over very well.. my pro street fat tire bikes you had to push down pretty hard to get them to corner.

Bike looks good!

Seriously a cool bike, but a lot of bike as well. Look out for everyone else on this thing as it won't respond like your other bike. The rear tire will not want to steer it very well and will take some getting used to.

My wife made me sell my last bike after a good friend of ours took a bad high side fall on a trip we were on in Wisconsin. We were in the middle of the Kettle Moraine and he was airlifted to La Crosse in a coma. I don't want to be the downer guy, so have fun with this bike and just be defensive when riding.

Nice Bill! I was leaning towards a 1000 and almost bought one but between the guys Ebonics and sketchy stuff He was saying, I ended up going with this dealer in NC who was great to work with. I'm ok with the straight line riding lol. I just wanted another fun option in the stable to choose from. Asking prices are all over the place on modified Hayabusas!

Stay safe.

Thanks Capt. The only downside for me now is that my previous bike I had while still living with my parents who are out in a rural area so it was easy to get out and practice with very little traffic. Now I live in a more urban area so getting out to a decent open area to practice will be a little more difficult.

nice!

i ride some bikes from time to time and 100 hp is more than enough on a bike imo

a BUSA is a wild beast...stay safe

Thanks guys. I will be very cautious until I get used to it.

I just assume everyone else is out to get me and stay well clear, don't ride next to cars on the highway, don't ever do anything stupid like pinning the throttle on a straight road unless you are 100% sure that no roads or drive ways enter your road, even then animals have a strange affinity for death by motorcycle.

stay safe and enjoy.

Nice Bike!

Like others have said. Be very careful. I took the course too, after riding motocross for many years. Took it because it was $75 and I didnt have a bike to take the test on. I did learn a few things about street riding. One thing I remember is the instructor telling me and my brother(both took it together) to calm down otherwise he was going to fail us. He said we both obviously know how to ride, but we are making the others nervous etc. Like through the solum course we were going at a speed that makes it easier, like 20mph, while the others were going at like 5mph basically at the friction zone of the clutch.

I have been street riding for about 6 years. I have had close calls. But none as close as I had last week. I made a right turn on green arrow, traffic perpendicular to me was turning left into a driveway right at the light, they have to yield the right turn though. Basically you turn left onto the street I was turning right off of or into this driveway. All I see is a Durango coming right at me not slowing down. All I thought was if I slow down I might make this fall less bad, driver was going maybe 5-10. I had a helmet on and a jacket, but in shorts. As I slowed I was debating on when I should try to jump off, right or wrong thats all I thought of to do. I was just about to jump when the driver stopped. This whole incident took maybe two seconds, who knows maybe longer in reality but it felt short. By the time the driver stopped I was in the right part of the lane and he/she was in the left part. So very close. Scared the shit out of me. I still rode the next day but it really makes you think.

Thanks and yeah, I do remember a couple close calls from when I had my other bike. Situational awareness and quick thinking are definitely a must. I'm excited but I know I need to be careful and cautious and not get overconfident. I don't want to be leaving this planet anytime soon!