Don't come to Atlanta anytime soon

Redlambo

Don't come to Atlanta anytime soon, as we just lost the I-85 Interstate.

Big Fire! And sections of the interstate just fell. CRAZY!

Reminds me of the 10 freeway collapse during the Northridge earthquake. Getting around LA became a fcuking nightmare. That's going to take months to fix.

Also hearing that fuel was stored under that section as well. :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

That makes more sense given that the fire was hot enough to collapse freeway.

Reminds me of the 10 freeway collapse during the Northridge earthquake. Getting around LA became a fcuking nightmare. That's going to take months to fix.

Yes it is going to be a nightmare.

My best guess is a minimum of 3 months down.

You will be surprised how fast they will repair. Contractors get millions in early completion incentives.

Not your normal construction job. This project needs to be done fast due to tax revenue loss.

You will be surprised how fast they will repair. Contractors get millions in early completion incentives.

Not your normal construction job. This project needs to be done fast due to tax revenue loss.

That's what they did in LA and it worked.

That's what they did in LA and it worked.

I know this is China, but if they really want to, that shit will be fixed in a week.

Georgia DOT: I-85 repairs will likely take 'several months'.

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/245059796-story

The biggest problem here is that the concrete columns or bridge supports exploded due to the intense heat of the fire.

Unless they can somehow cut down the existing columns to the footers and utilize pre-stressed / precast column this is going to take months IMO.

My best guess is that they could cut the demo / construction in half and get it completed in 6 weeks if they can utilize precast construction.

I do think they will be able to find a way to use the precast, however I do not see any way this gets fixed faster than 6 weeks.

I'm in the communications/power industry....and I also have been hearing that a certain companies "Fiber" was also stored underneath that overpass. Could be true, if petroleum based conduit would only make it worst.

Homeless folks accidentally started the fire after meeting to smoke crack. Unreal.

I drove by that exact spot on my way to FL 20 minutes prior to the fire starting. They are talking 3-6 months to fix. It is a nightmare. Thank God I live in North Fulton county.