Gallardo bought without PPI - look what happened

Another reason why you MUST do a PPI. (or get one done by a qualified party)

From the article:

Nick Rienzo, found himself browsing around for a Lamborghini, his search process would finally end on a 2006 Lamborghini Gallardo boasting a black and white paint scheme. After reading the advertisement and seeing that this particular car was in “stunning” condition, he thought that he had found the one.

After he cut a check for $85,000, the car would be on its way and its excited new owner would wait in anticipation, but when the driver of the delivery truck pulled up and said that “he had never in 10 years picked up an exotic car in this bad of shape,” his heart sunk to the bottom of Nick’s stomach.

Nick continued that ” My advice to anyone planning to purchase from these guys is to be very careful. If it appears to be too good of a deal, it is. They’re going to take advantage of you and pass you a pile of junk. These guys are deliberately ignoring my attorney!”

The pictures below show some of the up close shots of the things that the new owner wasn’t happy with and the video shows the moment that the car rolled off of the transporter’s trailer and you could hear the disgust in Nick’s voice as he went over what he thought of his newly purchased ride. We reached out to Select Motors of Tampa and we have yet to get a response. Be sure to sound off and tell us what you think of this story that has more drama than anyone would ever want to deal with alongside a car purchase.

http://speedsociety.com/buying-a-lamborghi...rong/?source=ss

G1.jpg

g2.jpg

g3.jpg

g4.jpg

g5.jpg

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah these cars are too complex to buy site unseen... even with PPI is always a risk but without is Russian roulette and given the cost of prices!! That fuel cap is like $600 alone

I mean in one of the pics you can see the door handle hanging off. You reap what you sow, he bought the cheapest bargain he could find. Its sad that they misrepresented the car so bad, but anyone on this forum would have known that entire deal was going to be bad from the get go.

Buyer beware.....as always

Unless you have money to burn and don't care

Yeah, you have to be really careful when people misrepresent their cars.....all sorts of problems, bad paint work, shoddy electrical, interior problems, the list is endless. I saw a Countach at Franco's a while back, it was a disaster. Apparently, the new owner wasn't happy.

I really don't understand people who buy used cars sight unseen, to a certain degree I don't feel sorry for Nick, follow the protocol, use common sense and this does not happen.

He's now happy to spend money with his lawyer but get a PPI and a plane ticket was too much for him, Nick lesson learned, that's how experience is learned in life.

I don't feel bad for him at all. I could tell by the 2 tone paint on the car the previous owner didn't take care of it.

I could be wrong as I don't know what the market is for used 1st-gen Gallardo's; and I have no idea what the mileage is; but doesn't the price, the place where the car was being sold and the car's colour scheme tell a questionable tale already? Can't blame anyone but the owner himself. The gas cap itself is likely the cost of a return flight to fly in to check the car.

Yeah, you have to be really careful when people misrepresent their cars.....all sorts of problems, bad paint work, shoddy electrical, interior problems, the list is endless. I saw a Countach at Franco's a while back, it was a disaster. Apparently, the new owner wasn't happy.

What year and color was it?

I could be wrong as I don't know what the market is for used 1st-gen Gallardo's; and I have no idea what the mileage is; but doesn't the price, the place where the car was being sold and the car's colour scheme tell a questionable tale already? Can't blame anyone but the owner himself. The gas cap itself is likely the cost of a return flight to fly in to check the car.

Still sucks. $85k is a lot for a pile of shit. Guy thought he found a deal. Just hearing his son made me sad.

What year and color was it?

Not sure what year it was. Wasn't an anniversary, later model 5000 variant. I'm not a Countach savant.

It was black, black interior, gold wheels if I remember correctly. Drivers side rear intake looked like it had been polished with 60 grit. Wiring loom was hacked to pieces, Franco had replaced the dash cover, which looked better than new. Interior was mostly out. Car was straight, just needed a lot of TLC.

Bonnet (frunk in American) alone should have set the alarms bells to 10. There are no $85,000 Gallardo deals, at that price point they all come with $20,000 plus in deferred maintenance. Better off buying the best car you can afford or stick with your 350z and stop whining about the awful decision you made.

Not sure what year it was. Wasn't an anniversary, later model 5000 variant. I'm not a Countach savant.

It was black, black interior, gold wheels if I remember correctly. Drivers side rear intake looked like it had been polished with 60 grit. Wiring loom was hacked to pieces, Franco had replaced the dash cover, which looked better than new. Interior was mostly out. Car was straight, just needed a lot of TLC.

That sounds a lot like LaBrit/Jasons's old car. LP5000QV. Black on Black. Gold Wheels. Dash had to be replaced completely. I didn't know it was in that bad a shape.

That sounds a lot like LaBrit/Jasons's old car. LP5000QV. Black on Black. Gold Wheels. Dash had to be replaced completely. I didn't know it was in that bad a shape.

If you are referring to my old car, and if someone is trying to infer that I misrepresented that car, they should probably get their facts correct.

Someone owned that car in between me and LaBrit

If you are referring to my old car, and if someone is trying to infer that I misrepresented that car, they should probably get their facts correct.

Someone owned that car in between me and LaBrit

I will infer that the maintenance records you supplied hardly coincided with work actually done.. ie.. $500 or so to replace Bertone badges, one missing, one fake.. Look at car, one still missing, one still fake. Replace window molding.. torn to shreds $1500.. Look at moldings, torn to shreds.. same goes for the rest. If you are implying Roy owned the car between you and Labrit, it was litterly purchased while it was in transport from you to Roy. I took delivery of the car.

I will infer that the maintenance records you supplied hardly coincided with work actually done.. ie.. $500 or so to replace Bertone badges, one missing, one fake.. Look at car, one still missing, one still fake. Replace window molding.. torn to shreds $1500.. Look at moldings, torn to shreds.. same goes for the rest. If you are implying Roy owned the car between you and Labrit, it was litterly purchased while it was in transport from you to Roy. I took delivery of the car.

Roy purchased the car from me, LaBrit purchased the car from roy.

I passed all the my records to roy.

Roy represented the car to LaBrit

My responsibility ended with roys transaction.

LaBrits problem had nothing to do with me.

If LaBrit had any problem with a car he purchased from a DEALER of exotics, would be with the dealer not me

Who gives a shit where he took delivery from. I never had any discussion with LaBrit.

So, how can anyone hold me responsible on how the car was presented when I had no prior discussion with that person.

All the dealings were with a dealer who was trying to make a sale.

I guess LaBrit should have done a PPI first

But, just like this guy with the gallardo, wanted to capitalize on a good deal from Roy.

Can't blame me for the impetuous actions of someone who made his own decisions

Roy purchased the car from me, LaBrit purchased the car from roy.

I passed all the my records to roy.

Roy represented the car to LaBrit

My responsibility ended with roys transaction.

LaBrits problem had nothing to do with me.

If LaBrit had any problem with a car he purchased from a DEALER of exotics, would be with the dealer not me

Who gives a shit where he took delivery from. I never had any discussion with LaBrit.

So, how can anyone hold me responsible on how the car was presented when I had no prior discussion with that person.

All the dealings were with a dealer who was trying to make a sale.

You are the one who represented the car, and you are the one I even spoke to about buying the car prior to purchase. Nice to try place the blame on others. Lying cheap cunt. And btw, Roy did the right thing and compensated Land it for your lies.

I guess LaBrit should have done a PPI first

But, just like this guy with the gallardo, wanted to capitalize on a good deal from Roy.

Can't blame me for the impetuous actions of someone who made his own decisions

Jason you are in this way absolved of responsibility to Josh. This is 100% true that once you sold the car to Roy it was no longer your problem.

There is the question of the falsified invoices for work done. This is preplexing that those exist. I'm no fan of Roy but I do know that in dealing with Josh he did the honorable thing and offer to buy the car back. I know in the end what avenue Josh took when Roy did buy the car back though the specifics I'm not at liberty to say.

Jason you are in this way absolved of responsibility to Josh. This is 100% true that once you sold the car to Roy it was no longer your problem.

There is the question of the falsified invoices for work done. This is preplexing that those exist. I'm no fan of Roy but I do know that in dealing with Josh he did the honorable thing and offer to buy the car back. I know in the end what avenue Josh took when Roy did buy the car back though the specifics I'm not at liberty to say.

Falsified invoices? Never

I had EVANS do the work and I had all of what roy gave me for history

I did not fake anything on this car

As far as having a conversation with Allan, I really doubt it.

You are the one who represented the car, and you are the one I even spoke to about buying the car prior to purchase. Nice to try place the blame on others. Lying cheap cunt. And btw, Roy did the right thing and compensated Land it for your lies.

Please outline my lies

I really don't understand people who buy used cars sight unseen, to a certain degree I don't feel sorry for Nick, follow the protocol, use common sense and this does not happen.

He's now happy to spend money with his lawyer but get a PPI and a plane ticket was too much for him, Nick lesson learned, that's how experience is learned in life.

Agree 100%. When I buy used exotics, I put it through 2 independent PPIs AND fly out to see myself and transact on the deal.

Only way I would buy a used car site unseen is if its from a very good friend and we always agree on things such as condition. Even then I would still put the exotic through the PPI just so everyone knows. Id probably buy a Honda site unseen under those conditions however

You supplied Estimates for work to be done, as actual repairs. The car was purchased in part due to your long standing L.p. status, your threads and comments indicating work that was done, and my communications with you. Unless you want to say that somehow Roy got a hold of the old replica badge, pried the new ones off the car, and replaced them with one old one, and left the other non existent. Then he proceeded to replace the new gaskets with shredded ones and numerous other items. In the end both Roy and Josh were fine, but that doesn't change that you're a lying cunt.