Maserati Quattroporte?

kmr

The SQ4 or the GTS? I used to sell them and have put 1000's of miles on them a few years back and think there are better ways to spend $110k+

I'll just say this: I drove/rode around in a Maserati Ghibli for a week and it couldn't have been more disappointing. Looking at the latest Quattroporte, the build quality is very similar if not the same. The leather was shrunk for being a year and a half old. None of the switches felt right (they all had play or wobble and sometimes didn't work!). The ride quality was terrible. The handling was nothing special. Some of the lights inside flickered. The Auxilliary input had a hum to it. The panels creaked and rattled. The car was maintained as well, it just seemed to have come from the factory like this. I would never ever spend $100K+ on a Maserati that has a sub-par 0-60 time, poor build quality, and was only special because of what was badged on it. It was such a disappointing experience. I feel like Maserati's best modern era was that with the Hransport/Cambiocorsa and the same gen Quattroporte. Not today.

The older ones like 07-12ish are cool cause of the price. I don't like the newer body anyways. Agree with above otherwise.

The newly styled one looks too generic and it's nothing special. The feel of it just isn't right; most of everything feels sub-par. The older-style ones are quirky and the ergonomics are poor. But at least it has a distinctive look and it has character. The new ones doesn't even have that.

The newly styled one looks too generic and it's nothing special. The feel of it just isn't right; most of everything feels sub-par. The older-style ones are quirky and the ergonomics are poor. But at least it has a distinctive look and it has character. The new ones doesn't even have that.

Type of car that puts mechanic's kids through college...

The new one has tons of Chrysler parts and plastic on the interior. My friends Q4s was really disappointing. He got killed on resale too. Msrp of 114 something. Think he got high 70's something on trade in :icon_toilet:

If the Maserati has to be new I'd go Gran Turismo.

The older Quattroportes were sweet cars.....good styling, nice interiors, great sound and were hated on by many when they were new.

Maserati never really clicked with the American buyer.

Drove the S Q4 Granlusso last night. Nice car for a DD. Yes there are some cheap parts on the car as there are on most cars I feel these days. Some killer lease deals out right now would be the only reason it would make sense as a DD so not too worried about resale after. Decisions decisions....

Drove the S Q4 Granlusso last night. Nice car for a DD. Yes there are some cheap parts on the car as there are on most cars I feel these days. Some killer lease deals out right now would be the only reason it would make sense as a DD so not too worried about resale after. Decisions decisions....

Just out of curiosity, can you elaborate on these killer leases? Are they different than what is offered on the website?

There are an absolute ton of Maserati's down here in Miami. The lease is somewhere around $650-700 I believe. If for nothing else, they look and sound damn good.

Just out of curiosity, can you elaborate on these killer leases? Are they different than what is offered on the website?

Residuals are around 48-53% and money factors .00006 - .00027. Taking around 20k off sticker as well.

There are an absolute ton of Maserati's down here in Miami. The lease is somewhere around $650-700 I believe. If for nothing else, they look and sound damn good.

Ghibli's base can be that cheap. Not the QP though.

Not sure what year range you are looking for but I have an 07 and love it. Ferrari powerplant (and sound to match, mine has gutted stock mufflers and a Larini x-pipe, sounds incredible) cool styling, character and I actually think the build quality is very nice. The leather in mine is buttersoft still, everything works perfectly and it honestly hasnt given me any trouble. Had it 2 years, all it has needed out of necessity is a left rear window regulator. The window regulators are prone to failure. Other than that it is a great car, I drive it once every 2 weeks or so to work, out maybe once every couple weekends.

I cant really speak on the new ones other than that I wouldnt be comparing the Ghibli to the Quattroporte. They are meant to be two completely different cars. And the Gran Turismo looks like a bloated boat and I wouldnt buy one.

Maserati of Ft Lauderdale was doing 500 a month leases with little to nothing down on Ghiblis in the last 6 months. They were blowing them out. A new QP can be had for at least 20k off sticker, and with the subvented lease rates and the high residual, I am sure you can lease one super cheap (compared to a Benz or BMW).

That said, I wouldn't own one out of warranty. The new S with the big twin turbo V8 has to be a pretty quick car, and it sounds amazing. I would likely still opt for something different.

Picking it up this evening so will give my impressions in next few days. For a DD figure why not. Tint and wheels next...

Maserati of Ft Lauderdale was doing 500 a month leases with little to nothing down on Ghiblis in the last 6 months. They were blowing them out. A new QP can be had for at least 20k off sticker, and with the subvented lease rates and the high residual, I am sure you can lease one super cheap (compared to a Benz or BMW).

That said, I wouldn't own one out of warranty. The new S with the big twin turbo V8 has to be a pretty quick car, and it sounds amazing. I would likely still opt for something different.

Ghiblis are as abundant as the 5 Series here

Picked up the car last night. So far so good. Sounds great drove great. Have to get it tinted and find some wheels to fill the wheel wells out properly then can get some real seat time. Dealer picked me up in a GT Convertible that sounded amazing!

Picked up the car last night. So far so good. Sounds great drove great. Have to get it tinted and find some wheels to fill the wheel wells out properly then can get some real seat time. Dealer picked me up in a GT Convertible that sounded amazing!

This is why you buy Maseratis. :icon_super:

Congrats KMR!