Complete repaint for my 2003 murcielago

Sharpieferrari

Going to spray my murci after 3+ years of love roughly. I want to change the color once again to make it feel like a new car to me. Pushing 86,000 miles and runs like new. Can't wait for the next 3+ years with it. If anyone needs pointers or directions in any part of dismantling the Murcielago let me know now while it's fresh in my mind lol.

Going to spray my murci after 3+ years of love roughly. I want to change the color once again to make it feel like a new car to me. Pushing 86,000 miles and runs like new. Can't wait for the next 3+ years with it. If anyone needs pointers or directions in any part of dismantling the Murcielago let me know now while it's fresh in my mind lol.

86k miles! Congrats!

What color you going with?

Highlighter yellow seems to be popular these days. I saw it on an Aventador at Lambo Dallas last week. Looked good, and a serious attention getter.

What color you going with?

Highlighter yellow seems to be popular these days. I saw it on an Aventador at Lambo Dallas last week. Looked good, and a serious attention getter.

I purchased my car from Lamborghini Chicago pearl yellow, immediately painted it verde ithaca, then wrapped it chrome red, now I'm going to a factory white with a few minor mods here and there. I can't sit still lol. I get bored too easily and it's cheaper than buying a new car each time. I also removed interior which is getting redone as well. Adding a few huracan style seat stiching to update it as well

I purchased my car from Lamborghini Chicago pearl yellow, immediately painted it verde ithaca, then wrapped it chrome red, now I'm going to a factory white with a few minor mods here and there. I can't sit still lol. I get bored too easily and it's cheaper than buying a new car each time. I also removed interior which is getting redone as well. Adding a few huracan style seat stiching to update it as well

Very cool!

With your desire to change colors, you should check out the new pealable coatings that are professionally applied. They are amazing. Last one I saw At a show was a metallic green and I could not tell it wasn't real paint even up close. It's $2k to get it done.

http://www.pearlsandpigments.com

Wow 86k miles is great, is it a manual or e-gear, what is the average amount of miles you're getting on a clutch? Any other major problems arise?

Mine is a 2003 manual trans. My clutch was last changed at 52,000 miles and it's still going strong. I maintain my vehicle at my Collision shop so cost stays low. When I purchased my car with 60,000 miles on it I had a stack of dealer receipts showing various work performed. I felt confident in the service history and I keep good records myself. I've removed my cats because one had gone bad, fixed my front lift system, converted it to rear wheel drive, converted it to push button start, replaced a couple O2 sensors, fixed a broken window regulator, along with repairing my shifter linkage myself. I probably won't sell this car but if I did I know that my vehicle with miles is as good or possibly even better than those with low miles and potential problems to come. I wouldn't ever recommend a high mile exotic to anyone that is not mechanically inclined. And ask anyone that drives with me, I don't drive it like it's going to break. I push the car so I know it's strong. I finished my last major service with a set of Whiteout coils and my car came screaming back to life! I'll hopefully post pics here soon. Can't figure out how to make them a smaller file size yet.

Mine is a 2003 manual trans. My clutch was last changed at 52,000 miles and it's still going strong. I maintain my vehicle at my Collision shop so cost stays low. When I purchased my car with 60,000 miles on it I had a stack of dealer receipts showing various work performed. I felt confident in the service history and I keep good records myself. I've removed my cats because one had gone bad, fixed my front lift system, converted it to rear wheel drive, converted it to push button start, replaced a couple O2 sensors, fixed a broken window regulator, along with repairing my shifter linkage myself. I probably won't sell this car but if I did I know that my vehicle with miles is as good or possibly even better than those with low miles and potential problems to come. I wouldn't ever recommend a high mile exotic to anyone that is not mechanically inclined. And ask anyone that drives with me, I don't drive it like it's going to break. I push the car so I know it's strong. I finished my last major service with a set of Whiteout coils and my car came screaming back to life! I'll hopefully post pics here soon. Can't figure out how to make them a smaller file size yet.

How about your experience with valve adjustments? How often have you checked valve clearances, and how much of an adjustment have you had to make? We just don't get too many high mileage Murci's on here, so it's interesting to know. The 15K mile valve clearance check is due for mine in a couple thousand miles, but it's such an invasive procedure to check them, and so much easier with the engine out, but the way I drive, I could go another 15K miles before the engine needs to come out for a clutch.

How about your experience with valve adjustments? How often have you checked valve clearances, and how much of an adjustment have you had to make? We just don't get too many high mileage Murci's on here, so it's interesting to know. The 15K mile valve clearance check is due for mine in a couple thousand miles, but it's such an invasive procedure to check them, and so much easier with the engine out, but the way I drive, I could go another 15K miles before the engine needs to come out for a clutch.

Don't do the valve adjustment. It isn't needed. It's a bullshit service item. Honestly, going in there and messing with it is only going to cause more issues. If they aren't noisy, don't do it.

Interesting comment on the valve adjustment.

With some vehicles/ engines the valves or valve seats slam/ recess into the head.

This wear doesn't not make a noise as one expects if the valve clearance went loose.

The valve clearance went tight......hence no noise.

I would inspect the clearances, yet noting the comments of other members through the years, 20K may be a little soon for a checkup. Every 50K - oh yeah I'd check it.

Anyway, color changes can be exciting!

Good luck

I guess I never gave it any thought about valve clearances. I treat my murci like any other car. Change the oil, keep up with the fluids and fix only what breaks. I might be wrong to go about it this way but 80,000+ miles has to show that minimum invasive repairs are the way to go. Maybe when a clutch is finally needed and engine is out I'll have engine gone through but I believe in leaving well enough alone. Car was built strong and I have no complaints. Except for when I seen that my broken ashtray lid I ordered was out of an Audi A6 I could have got for free at the local boneyard lol. I'll try and post pics from my computer at work tomorrow though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Pics of odometer please! It would be a treat/motivation for every lambo owner to see 86k on the clock!

For sure CTJ. I'll do something on my computer at work tomorrow. I can't seem to upload pics from my phone

For sure CTJ. I'll do something on my computer at work tomorrow. I can't seem to upload pics from my phone

Pics are probably too large in file size. This site does not like large photos over 1mb and a lot of phones take 4-5Mb per pic. Same problem on a full size computer if the file size is too big.

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure if I added the pic of the many changes my car has gone through. Almost 5 years and on its 4th skin molting lol

The red version is interesting. Doesn't look like a Murci. Looks like a concept car from the 90's.