DTP Exhaust

whiteout

Primary deletes usually make the car loud, yet unrefined. In my experience, creating low rpm to midrange drone depending on the system. I really didn't like the sound at certain RPM points, but under load I loved the sound so I dealt with it. When I had the chance to try something new I jumped at the opportunity and had a shorty exhaust fabricated in an effort to kill drone. This exhaust is by far the lightest design of anything available for the Murci which also results in its name, DTP.

3D27E767-4003-4BD9-A387-64C7CE801E4F_zps

DTP lowered the bass from the exhaust and really makes the car sound like an old F1 car with a heavy flywheel. There is no drone in the middle of the power band and the exhaust cannot be heard as much in the car and since the bass was reduced, car alarms don’t go off as easily as during normal driving. But after that … this exhaust is LOUD.

This is the drone I was getting rid of, at 1:11, 1:26 and 2:09:

I really like it! Love the video Spencer took of your car as well. I follow your instagram, but didn't know your car was a manual! Awesome! :icon_super:

For some reason the same video link went up twice, here's the second one:

That noise and vibration at 4 seconds seems very unnatural and I can't figure out what's going on.

Is the clutch slipping?

That noise and vibration at 4 seconds seems very unnatural and I can't figure out what's going on.

Is the clutch slipping?

It's wheel spin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Took the car out and got some footage of the fireballs at night.

Haahaa there it is! That is some consistent flame there! Sounds really good! How does it sound at idle and low rpm cruising?

Took the car out and got some footage of the fireballs at night.

Hot damn! You worried about the bumper at all?

Haahaa there it is! That is some consistent flame there! Sounds really good! How does it sound at idle and low rpm cruising?

Thanks!

At idle it's quieter than the other systems since it is a short design and really kills the bass. I rarely set off car alarms when driving normal, where my LOC & RSC would set them off. The short design really makes the exhaust scream in the higher rpms. On the highway it's constant with no drone, but it is loud with primaries deleted (all Murci's are.) There are a few roadster guys running it and they are very happy.

Here's a good video of a client's car with primaries:

without primaries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atofi99S78A

Hot damn! You worried about the bumper at all?

Since the car is moving I'm not worried about it as there's enough airflow back there to keep the car cool. My paint has not discolored and there are no other signs of heat damage. There isn't anything back there that would likely catch on fire, but I wouldn't do this at parking lot speeds or at a stand still after seeing some of the Aventador videos.

So I currently have a Fabspeed secondary delete and a LOC muffler delete. I want louder and I want some fire (cheesy, I know). Questions:

1) Anybody running the DTP setup with the primary cats still in place and does it still sound good and shoot fire?

2) Any engine codes with the primaries and what about without primaries?

Thanks

So I currently have a Fabspeed secondary delete and a LOC muffler delete. I want louder and I want some fire (cheesy, I know). Questions:

1) Anybody running the DTP setup with the primary cats still in place and does it still sound good and shoot fire?

Thanks

I am your guy for this, hopefully you’ll trust I am not a Whiteout fan boy as I give honest feedback on what works and doesn’t work.

1. It sounds fantastic, it still reminds me of my LOC that I replaced it with, but it saves a good few pounds over that setup. Pretty sure however it does not shoot flames as no one has mentioned that while following me and I do a lot of group car stuff that someone would have said so. If you want flames you have to drop the primaries too.

2. I haven’t gotten a single engine code with this setup, no engine missfire and no CAT efficiency codes either. BUT if you remove the primaries to make those flames, good chance you will get a CAT code.

Thanks,

Jon

Thanks

To shoot fire with primary cats you really have to heat them up (drive at high rpm) and then the fire will come out when you're at full throttle. The primary cats don't allow for fireballs. I've only seen the blue flames at night following others. There is video in my last post of DTP with stock cats.

No engine codes with stock primaries. Without I have not had any codes when using o2 spacers.

I had LOC on my '03 and with primary & secondary deletes I was unable to shoot fire.

Jon and Whiteout, thanks for the responses. At this point I think I'm going to eliminate the primaries and use the O2 spacers with my current setup (fabspeed secondary delete and LOC muffler). If I dont get fireballs I'll swap those out too. I want to roast a marshmallow

So I ordered the primary deletes and O2 spacers from Fabspeed. Should have them in a couple of weeks. Hopefully I'll see some fire. I wish I would've done the primaries when I did the secondary deletes in my garage a couple of months ago. Time for a 6 pack of beer and some wrenching