Looking to trade tinted tail lights and markers for original

Nuvolari

Hi Everyone

I recently got a 2003 Murcielago and (as many Murci's are) this one has some cosmetic modifications that I would like to bring back to stock. Among them are the tail lights and 4 side marker lights that have been tinted. These items have been tinted to a very high standard so I thought someone may want to trade with me for their factory un-tinted lights allowing them to modify their car with my parts.

Just to be clear my lights are the factory pre-LP units fitted on the coupes and roadsters from 2002-2006. They are the ones with the orange, red, and white sections and not the all red ones fitted in the later cars. I am after the same early lights for my car from a coupe or roadster (they are both the same light) without the tint.

What I propose is a straight trade and we each pay for our own shipping. My lights are in excellent condition, work perfectly, and have no damage of any kind so I expect the same in return (let's play nice here). If you are not sure how to remove your lights I can send you instructions from the factory shop manual. It's pretty simple and well within the abilities of a basic DIY owner.

Attached to this post are photos of the exact lights I have. In total there are 6 pcs (2 tail lights and 4 side marker lights). I would like to do a single trade if possible but would consider splitting up the tails and side markers to two separate people.

Anyone interested can PM me, reply to this thread, or email me rob (at) carbonio (dot) com Please do not assume this request is old I'll post when I find someone to trade with.

Note to Moderators: I assumed it was ok to post this in the Murcielago section rather than the classifieds because I am trying to interact directly with a Murci owner making this forum the best place to find a fellow Lambo owner looking to take advantage of my offer.

post-4685-1514937601_thumb.jpg

post-4685-1514937616_thumb.jpg

post-4685-1514937623_thumb.jpg

If mine weren't already tinted I'd trade you lol. Congrats on the 6-speed; I have an '03 manual in monterey blue with tinted lights that I picked up in '09 and have been thinking about returning to stock when the third brake light went out and got replaced, so now they look weird. I'll probably just wait for one to have an issue and use it as an excuse to replace.

Very straight deal that you are proposing. But keep in-mind that your talking about lights that could be as much as 15 years old. Plenty of risk of cracked lens', missing tabs, missing tangs, hazing, stuff inside, lights that don't work right, and on and on. Part of our business is re-selling OEM taillights so I speak from experience and while your set may be mint, you might not receive lights as good as yours.

Give this a little time but just so you know - you CAN switch yours back. Any place that's really good at tinting tailights, knows how to sand off the tint and re-clear. Besides being 'your' taillights, they will look as fresh and clean as brand-new - something you can be sure you won't get with someone else's 'used' taillights.

The taillights on my Truck were looking really faded. A shop known for great taillight tint work, sanded and re-cleared them. They look better than new.

For 20+ years - everyone of my rides had tinted taillights. I don't think any do, anymore. Moved on.

Very straight deal that you are proposing. But keep in-mind that your talking about lights that could be as much as 15 years old. Plenty of risk of cracked lens', missing tabs, missing tangs, hazing, stuff inside, lights that don't work right, and on and on. Part of our business is re-selling OEM taillights so I speak from experience and while your set may be mint, you might not receive lights as good as yours.

Give this a little time but just so you know - you CAN switch yours back. Any place that's really good at tinting tailights, knows how to sand off the tint and re-clear. Besides being 'your' taillights, they will look as fresh and clean as brand-new - something you can be sure you won't get with someone else's 'used' taillights.

The taillights on my Truck were looking really faded. A shop known for great taillight tint work, sanded and re-cleared them. They look better than new.

For 20+ years - everyone of my rides had tinted taillights. I don't think any do, anymore. Moved on.

+1

But, your tail lights might have been tinted because they were hiding problems. So you may be unpleasantly surprised when you have the tint removed.

Thank you for the feedback and perspective. In my case I know the lights were tinted very early in the life of the car (I have the records of the job) so the chances that the lights were tinted to hide anything is pretty much zero. The last thing I am interested in is screwing someone over a set of car taillights so I am presenting the trade as honestly as I can and would expect someone willing to trade to do the same.

My intentions of this thread are to offer a fellow Murci owner the chance to modify their car at minimal expense while saving me the work of stripping the tint. I actually have quite a bit of experience in this field having restored a number of cars to a very high standard (multiple 100 point scores in the Ferrari world). As it is I'll wait a little to see if anyone comes forward with a reasonable trade and if not I'll just put in the elbow grease and strip the lights.

For now the offer stands :)

• 2 weeks later...

Mods feel free to lock or delete this thread. I decided just to remove the tint on my lights so the offer to trade is no longer available.