Twin Turbo Insurance?

sprite

What carriers are you guys using with heavily modified cars? Are they aware of the mods? Stated value?

I never even insured the kits, just the car. Would be nice to know if you can even insure the mods though.

I would state the mods and cost on the policy in case anything happened. Insurance companies will look for any reason not to pay you.

I would state the mods and cost on the policy in case anything happened. Insurance companies will look for any reason not to pay you.

Certainly the case here in Australia. Also any mods have to be approved by the state department of motor vehicles as being properly engineered to make insurance valid in event of a claim.

I don't know if that is the case in the US.

Remember insurance companies will give you an umbrella on a sunny day and take it away when it is rains!

just my two cents worth,

cheers,

john

You can definitely insure the mods. I've done it on all my TT cars. I have a stated value from American Modern for the Huracan + TTs.

You can definitely insure the mods. I've done it on all my TT cars. I have a stated value from American Modern for the Huracan + TTs.

Same company I'm insured with

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT get stated value. You want agreed value.

Agreed value is a number that you and the insurance company agree to on the front end, supported by pics, receipts, etc.....you total the car, you get a check for agreed value.

Stated value is just that. You state the value you want to insure for...you total the car, I GUARANTEE you the insurance company will value the car at LESS that the value you stated. I've seen too many people get FUC_ED using this methodology. Buyer beware.

Peter

Remember insurance companies will give you an umbrella on a sunny day and take it away when it is rains!

:iamwithstupid: THIS 100%.

• 1 month later...

Im with American Modern also for agreed value. Cant find any company that comes even close to what im paying.