F pace

capt_chaos

Stopped off at a dealership a friend works at on the way home and had a look at the F-pace and kicked the tyres.

I have seen one before but first time sitting in it and fiddling with the details.

Looks are always subjective and whilst it is not ugly it is the definitely the most feminine looking of this size segment of SUV.

It looks like someone stretched an F type which I cannot workout if it is good thing or not.

I like a lot of the details like the "active band" for entry into the car as opposed to a key, great for when you don't want to carry a key. Many times I have gone cycling and I hate having a key in my pocket and this is a brilliant solution to it so for those that say surf/paddleb board/swim it is a must.

Inside the lower section of the cabin has some nasty plastics but first gen cars tend to have this these days for warranty reasons. There are some touches that will annoy the OCD detail fetishes amongst us, things like the USB ports for the rear seats are a great touch but they have three circular covers and the third is a 12V socket. But the USB are over the two left circles, the 12V should be in the middle but it is on the right. I hate that small detail oversights like that annoy me on cars.

Whilst I did not drive it so cannot give dynamic feedback I will say those that are shopping for a mid size SUV and go looking at Land Rover Sport and then look at a F pace and do so with a female the female will point to the F pace. I know that reads ever so sexist but Jaguar really have opened up their products to be more appealing to women and they have been quite open about that and it really shows.

I had the FPACE launch edition on order and eventually cancelled it. I still went to go check it out in person when it arrived and was very impressed.

Oh it is an important car for jag, I can see it doing well in the US and Chinese market but for me my money I would look at a RR sport or Macan.

Porsche have done well with the Macan, everytime I see one on the road they just look right.

I had the FPACE launch edition on order and eventually cancelled it. I still went to go check it out in person when it arrived and was very impressed.

May we know the reason on why you cancelled it please?

Great pictures CC.

Here are some more.

. Hope you enjoy.

May we know the reason on why you cancelled it please?

I saw one in person at the LA Autoshow around November (I think) and wasn't too impressed with the interior. It felt too much like my buddies 2012 XF-R interior, which is nice, but for a 2017 I wanted something newer. What I failed to realize was how much different the Launch Edition FPACE interior was from the standard FPACE. The Launch Edition interior was beautiful and felt perfect. I personally think the exterior is better than a Cayenne/Macan as well. It's very aggressive if you spec it right.

Other than that, I also had a bit of realization that I don't want my ONLY car to be an SUV. Once I figure out a few things and free up some cash, I'll probably pick one up as a daily or wait for the FPACE SVR which should be insane.

Rear end and wheels look tasty in your photos. I dont really like the front as much, and it's still a suv so no interest.

Other than that, I also had a bit of realization that I don't want my ONLY car to be an SUV.

Very understandable dilemma.

I also feel that way about auto transmissions too. :icon_mrgreen:

I think it's a great looking SUV, and there aren't too many of those. In the R sport trim with 21" wheels it looks really aggressive. Neighbor just got one delivered in R sport trim, silver with black wheels and black pack. It looks awesome!