Aston Martin Vanquish

lambo128

Tried my hand at one of these English beauties for a while. Gorgeous car....but there was ALWAYS something needing repair.From bad coils to shifting sensors and on and on.A lot less repair facilitys near me that would even work on it. Think about it before you pull the trigger on one. Compare it to a pretty blond girlfriend that just pisses you off 90% of the time!

astinmartinphil_20plain.png

Thanks for the heads up, I always wondered how these were in terms of reliability as I've heard some horror stories on the forums over the years. I remember being interested in this car when you put it up for sale years ago (you were selling it VERY cheap for $50 or $55k if I remember correctly). Gorgeous car indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

Gave it away at the Barret Jackson Auction here in Connecticut. Only brought $47K and out of that I think I ended up with $43K and was HAPPY to get rid of it!

Gave it away at the Barret Jackson Auction here in Connecticut. Only brought $47K and out of that I think I ended up with $43K and was HAPPY to get rid of it!

When I bought my Gallardo in 2006, I looked at the Vanquish. 2003/2004's had already depreciated over $100k, no offense I thought was a piece of shit back then. All it had going for it, it sounded good. It had a mismash interior with Volvo and Jaguar parts, gearbox was a joke. The engine really isn't bespoke, it is two Ford Mondeo engines glued together.

I am sorry, I know I am in the minority, but you couldn't give me an Aston for free, I don't like the design, they dated tech, etc. not a car for me.

I looked at a One-77 (I believe that's what's called) when looking up close the build quality was lacking, bits of trim which didn't line up properly, I've seen better silicone joints on some of my industrial buildings, I was actually shocked to see such poor details on such an expensive unique car. Individually the parts look good but the sum of it all, for me, was subpar.