ECU AVENTADOR MAPPING FLASH TUNE

teddy17bh

Hello,

I am looking for an ECU / TCU tune for my 14 aventador.

I see different company on the market, anyone has experience or recommendation ?

I also find out than some companies provide a self/remote flash and other need a technician to do it / remove ECU.

Here are the companies :

VF ENGINEERING (hex flash) : 3800 usd

EUROCHARGED Performance : 3600 usd

RCS Tunning looks like to be VIEZU (Provide a remote) : 3700 usd

VR TUNED - vivid Racing (Provide a remote): 5600 usd

Thanks for your advices

The factory does offer a tune that pushes power up to 720hp. Maybe a bit conservative but at least its a safe tune and your in good hands.

I got the tune from VF Engineering. I was happy with the results. I'm local to where VF is located so I just took mine in and they did it for me. I didn't dyno it, so this is all subjective, but I did feel more urgency on the way up to redline when accelerating. I think I noticed it most when I took it into the dealer for service and they reflashed it and erased the tune. I felt a noticeable difference during acceleration at that time.

I know Nik Saran the owner of VF Engineering, he is a friend of mine and he does excellent work, you wouldn't go wrong with his product. I have no experience with the other three you mentioned but I'm sure they are all good.

Biggest downside to me is if there is a factory software update that your tune goes away, VF redid it for me at no cost second time around, but if I wasn't local that may have been a pain.

• 1 year later...

Anybody else with hands on experience? Im strongly considering a tune of some sort. Considering the SV is the exact same powertrain (right?) I assume the powertrain is good with the added power, and a tune is all that is necessary. Just not sure which tune is best-and I like the idea of a flash loader, and not having to send ECU's

I already have a full exhaust, so a tune should really bring out some additional power.

TCU tune would be good too. Help shift times, and maybe Cross downshifts can be made fun like Sport mode?

The factory does offer a tune that pushes power up to 720hp. Maybe a bit conservative but at least its a safe tune and your in good hands.

Factory Sound Performance Tuning is + 60hp (8,5%). And a better exhaust sound in Sport and Corsa.

Factory Sound Performance Tuning is + 60hp (8,5%). And a better exhaust sound in Sport and Corsa.

Good to know. Does lambo actually publish this

HP gain?

I had been saying this for almost 2 years now. This exhaust software upgrade vs. the SV's hp is baffling: in theory, 700 X 8.5% = 59.5. Hence a regular LP700 with the software upgrade is technically 759 PS which is more than the SV's 750 PS. So what gives? I think this is also where the controversial exhaust upgrade started: the 8.5% gain is not linear and while Lamborghini claimed that it's at the midband, dyno results proofed that it's actually at the very top end so essentially there is no difference on the regular road. Add the actual race exhaust and the related software and dyno results proofed that the car actually lost power at the top end. Hence all of the MY2017 SV's are still waiting for the proper firmware to go with the race exhaust to get the actual claimed gains.

Those of us who have been here long enough have realized that any tune is a compromise: you gain some here but lose some elsewhere.

Any news on the MY17 SV software update?

Hopefully, should know something in a week or so. There's an event in Spain for the dealers.

Hopefully, should know something in a week or so. There's an event in Spain for the dealers.

You correct, my dealer is going, I will get him to check it out.