SLS/SLR Pricing Shot Up...

JohnN

Probably temporary , but when I told people that these would be future valuable cars to have nobody believed me.

I have noticed. SLR pricing seems to be all over the place. The car market in general is pretty over done at the moment IMO. Hard to be a buyer in this market. I absolutely believe the SLR is one to have long term, though.

Not long ago you could get early SLS coupes all day for 120ish. Now 175ish...

SLR is funny. Totally all over the place. Should've grabbed a 4k mile 06 that was for sale locally for 175 when i had the chance...

I just purchased an SLS Roadster to hold me over until the Huracan Spyder's come out.

Good to know I won't take too much of a bath on it :)

I just purchased an SLS Roadster to hold me over until the Huracan Spyder's come out.

Good to know I won't take too much of a bath on it :)

Serious question. What does the sls vert offer that an SL vert doesn't? The sls coupe I get because of the doors. The sls vert I never really understood.

Now the H spyder I get completely. Just watched DoctaM3s unveil from Chicago and I freaking love the car...soft top and all.

Serious question. What does the sls vert offer that an SL vert doesn't? The sls coupe I get because of the doors. The sls vert I never really understood.

Now the H spyder I get completely. Just watched DoctaM3s unveil from Chicago and I freaking love the car...soft top and all.

I've been curious about the same thing, how does it compare to an SL63?

Completely agree.

Now an SLR vert I completely get. SLR was on a whole other level of looks. And I love the SLS coupe. But the vert doesn't even look on the same level as an SL65. It looks like an SLK to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha wow! From what I can tell that dealership loves to buy stuff from other deals and try and sell it for a ridiculous amount more, I dont know how they manage to sell anything and stay in business.

Haha wow! From what I can tell that dealership loves to buy stuff from other deals and try and sell it for a ridiculous amount more, I dont know how they manage to sell anything and stay in business.

They've got a huge client list with money to blow. Many of them are young Chinese kids that sends their vehicles to the shop to be modified.

As for the SLR/SLS appreciation, it was already expected. Of the 3 cars the SLR went against, FGT, Enzo, CGT, the Benz is the last one to go up on value.

They've got a huge client list with money to blow. Many of them are young Chinese kids that sends their vehicles to the shop to be modified.

As for the SLR/SLS appreciation, it was already expected. Of the 3 cars the SLR went against, FGT, Enzo, CGT, the Benz is the last one to go up on value.

I think bWiLKINS meant Platinum, when he said "loves to buy stuff from other deals and try and sell it for a ridiculous amount more", since they bought the car from SR and are now trying to sell it for a ridiculous amount more ;)

Regular SLRs are still struggling to break out, but it will happen eventually. All it will take is Marshall Goldman, CNC or some other large US dealer to buy up 5-6 of them and ask double the current rate... Boom, new market set!

You guys got me real interested in the SLS now....I am thinking of a 2011-12 with around 5k miles - seems these are around $170-180k.......

I really think the Gullwing concept will hold/appreciate in value - don't think MB will make another Gullwing in a long, long time. It would be cool if it shot up like the 300 SL gullwings did some 20-30 years later - (crystal ball)

Trying to decide between this vs. a 599GTB with HGTE .... decisions, decisions

You guys got me real interested in the SLS now....I am thinking of a 2011-12 with around 5k miles - seems these are around $170-180k.......

Trying to decide between this vs. a 599GTB with HGTE .... decisions, decisions

I don't know what you're willing to spend, but FYI, my local dealership has a manual 599 for sale if you're interested. I can PM you their info if you like.

I don't know what you're willing to spend, but FYI, my local dealership has a manual 599 for sale if you're interested. I can PM you their info if you like.

Thanks Doc! I hear they are asking close to half mil on these rare manuals.......I missed the boat on this one. Manual market has gone absolutely crazy.

Just like I missed the boat on the LP670 SV's - really really want one of those.