Check Engine Light 6-10 On My New Gallardo

kiram

Hey Guys! My New Gallardo was delivered with a Check Engine 6-10 Malfunction. I took the car to the dealer and the codes that came up were

P1314 and P1315.

The dealer told me my exhaust pipes may be rusty and/or dirty?

They cleared the CEL and said it may come back on. Sure enough, it did and its annoying as hell.

I did a PPI before buying the car and no issues came up. The car was delivered this way. Any reasons why this is? Also, is there anything I can do to resolve the situation without spending $1200 to change pipes?

Does anyone know how to manually reset the CEL that comes on?

What if I get a Quicksilver exhaust? Will this solve my problem or is it unrelated?

i had the same issue

here is the outline

first time i was in stop and go traffic with less than a 1/4 tank of gas(fuel light was on) this is a common issue that can happen

the second time i had a full tank of gas but i filled up at a different station and i think that i got a bad tank of fuel or they had switched to the winter blend of fuel(i live in mi) i noticed a ton of water coming out of the tail pipe

(more than usual) ran that out filled up at my local station with premium and put 400-500 miles on it and no light

i reset the code myself using a actron code scanner from autozone.. no big deal plug it in select audi:) read and clear code... i think the code i have gotten is p1314

tim

Can I get the same actron code scanner from Autozone here in Los Angeles? Can I clear the engine code with it? If so, will it keep coming back? How much is the scanner? Is it easy to use?

you prob can get it in LA... yes you can clear the code... i have no idea if it will come back on but it will tell you what code it is then you can post that on the forum and maybe find the answer from there... the scanner was $200ish... very easy to use it plugs in under the dash to the right of the steering wheel

Can I get the same actron code scanner from Autozone here in Los Angeles? Can I clear the engine code with it? If so, will it keep coming back? How much is the scanner? Is it easy to use?

what year G is it. If it is 07/08 the exhaust pressure supply pipe to the pressure sensor may be plugged. The pipe can be cleaned out. It may have damaged the sensor or just needs cleaned. If the pipe is plugged and just cleaned out some day it may return. They changed what the pipes are made out of. But if cleaned out it could take a year or two until the issue will come back. I am in the OC area check my info page and give me a PM. I can do any job cheaper then the dealer can right know and I know more then they do about Lambos.

Hey Guys! My New Gallardo was delivered with a Check Engine 6-10 Malfunction. I took the car to the dealer and the codes that came up were

P1314 and P1315.

The dealer told me my exhaust pipes may be rusty and/or dirty?

They cleared the CEL and said it may come back on. Sure enough, it did and its annoying as hell.

I did a PPI before buying the car and no issues came up. The car was delivered this way. Any reasons why this is? Also, is there anything I can do to resolve the situation without spending $1200 to change pipes?

Does anyone know how to manually reset the CEL that comes on?

What if I get a Quicksilver exhaust? Will this solve my problem or is it unrelated?

The exhuast will not help.

I've always been able to disconnect the battery, let it sit, and reconnect when I get the 1-5 or 6-10 CEL.

It's just annoying. I ordered the OBD scanner so I can try that.

Don't get me started on what dealers will tell you that you "need" to clear codes. I don't think they even know half the time. I had a diagnostic done on my 04 E-gear and the technician was in a huff "Oh my God! Your catalytic converters got up to 1200 degrees! That's the melting temperature of the Universe- you are lucky to be alive! You need $9,000 worth of new exhaust parts!"

*sigh*

Don't get me started on what dealers will tell you that you "need" to clear codes. I don't think they even know half the time. I had a diagnostic done on my 04 E-gear and the technician was in a huff "Oh my God! Your catalytic converters got up to 1200 degrees! That's the melting temperature of the Universe- you are lucky to be alive! You need $9,000 worth of new exhaust parts!"

*sigh*

:lol:

On my BMW, the dealer told me I needed a new control module to the tune of $1,400.00 otherwise my airbags wouldn't work...

Light triggered because of a low voltage situation once....just needed to be cleared.

You just need to have the Back Pressure Sensors or other exhaust sensors cleaned most likely. It is somewhat of a common problem. My 07 spyder (and 04 coupe before that) had occasional issues with some of the Sensors. They tend to get a lot of moisture and either corrode or get blocked.

I had one recently on my 07 and they replaced one of the sensors for a few hundred bucks (out of warranty). If you have an 08 - you should still be in warranty and it would be free. Just have them take them out, inspect, clean and replace if necessary. Not a big problem to resolve, and not complex at all.

I just recently had the 1-5 CEL cehck light come on also. I dont know the codes but I have brought the car in to Bergen County Lambo and they said it was a misfire tubes. They gave me an estimate of $800.

Do you guys think it is just dirty sensors for me also???

I do have the exhaust vacuum sensor unplugged to have the louder exhaust for 5 months now and put on about 700 miles. Would that have caused it???

If it is the sensors, is it hard to DIY? I have access to a full lift, is it easy to locate and replace/clean these sensors?

I have an 06 Gallardo

I just recently had the 1-5 CEL cehck light come on also. I dont know the codes but I have brought the car in to Bergen County Lambo and they said it was a misfire tubes. They gave me an estimate of $800.

Do you guys think it is just dirty sensors for me also???

I do have the exhaust vacuum sensor unplugged to have the louder exhaust for 5 months now and put on about 700 miles. Would that have caused it???

If it is the sensors, is it hard to DIY? I have access to a full lift, is it easy to locate and replace/clean these sensors?

I have an 06 Gallardo

It could be a sensor that needs cleaned. However it is probably a backpressure issue due to the exhaust mod. Though the 06's didn't have much issues with the CEL coming on when you do the mod. My 07 spyder - I did the same mod. I can go 800 miles with no issues, then it will turn on. It will reset itself after a few drives - I can go 100 miles and it may kick on again, then off for another 700 miles. So yours may be backpressure due to the mod. It should go off after a few drives if that is the case.

If it stays on, it is probably a bad sensor that needs cleaned or replaced. 800 seems to high if it does need replaced. I think mine was 350 Parts and Labor if I remember correctly and that was from an authorize lambo dealer.

You just need to have the Back Pressure Sensors or other exhaust sensors cleaned most likely. It is somewhat of a common problem. My 07 spyder (and 04 coupe before that) had occasional issues with some of the Sensors. They tend to get a lot of moisture and either corrode or get blocked.

Anyone know where they are located ? Picture ? Sounds simple enough to remove and inspect/clean.

First it is not as easy as it sound pressure sensors and the tube aren't easy to get to. The exhaust pressure sensors are on top of the bell housing just bellow the intake valley but there are allot of wires and other hoses there.

The hard pipes mount into the exhaust at the front of the cats then go into hoses that go to the bottom of the exhaust pressure sensors. The sensors are held in place by a bracket that the senors snap into, it is not easy to get them out and the pipes need to be removed and cleaned out. Good luck.

[quote name='Richard Wallace' date='Dec 2 2009, 02:28 PM' post='671427'

If it stays on, it is probably a bad sensor that needs cleaned or replaced. 800 seems to high if it does need replaced. I think mine was 350 Parts and Labor if I remember correctly and that was from an authorize lambo dealer.

$800 was the dealer telling me that I had a bad misfire tube. Does that sound right? How can a misfire tube be bad??? Or would they mean cleaning or replacing my sensors for 800???

[quote name='Richard Wallace' date='Dec 2 2009, 02:28 PM' post='671427'

$800 was the dealer telling me that I had a bad misfire tube. Does that sound right? How can a misfire tube be bad??? Or would they mean cleaning or replacing my sensors for 800???

If the price was 350 then they just cleaned it out. At Lambo stuff which is less then retail the sensor is 802.00 the pipe is 89.00. the pipe can go bad because it rust up inside and plugs. The new ones are made off stainless steal. Book labor time is about 2.5 hours but most dealer will charge more under customer pay as the book times are tight (lambo trying to save $). The job will take about that long for some one that has done it more then a few times. It is kinda of a pain in the ass to do.

At 800 they are prob just replacing the tube and cleaning the sensor. At the 350.00 price they are prob just cleaning both out and it can happen again. If enough rust gets into the sensor it can go bad and cleaning it out wont work.

Actually they did replace mine for 350.00 After looking at the receipt. They did not charge me for the part. I had taken it in prior to the warranty running out, and they only charged labor, and billed the rest to Lambo since it had been attempted to be replaced before. That was a nice jesture from the dealer for sure.

They did replace them with the SS ones due to that issue of corrosion.

Actually they did replace mine for 350.00 After looking at the receipt. They did not charge me for the part. I had taken it in prior to the warranty running out, and they only charged labor, and billed the rest to Lambo since it had been attempted to be replaced before. That was a nice jesture from the dealer for sure.

They did replace them with the SS ones due to that issue of corrosion.

Ok Know the price maks since. I new for just 350.00 prob did not include part poss tube but no sensor.