Urraco #15202 now the TWICE BAKED BULL

Twicebaked

Greetings from the Twice Baked Bull,

1973 P250 Urraco #15202 now LP420 SVM Urraco.

Photos of the build;

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/mrmpx/libra...rt=3&page=1

We are working hard to have it running at Concorso 2013 after a few years of building.

NEW power plant;

Audi 4.2L V8 with Borla Induction

ZF trans with paddle shifters

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The front and kickers kill it for me. If it would have been built as clean as the rendering in your avatar it would have been perfect imo. Either way, if you like it that's all that matters. Nice build.

Thanks! Wait till its in final form.... The side gills are not on yet, the rear louvers are getting a new new make over and the headlamps are being re-done. The lower side vents are not as pronounced as they look. The belly was lowered 1.5" so there is a whole lot of rocker to "blend". Front Clip needs the grills on to soften them up a little. The original builder is no longer designing the final look of the car. Thus our goal is to show it at Concorso as a runner not yet track ready but running driving. After Concorso the front end gets a total re-build as the geometry and parts were sub par on the car now.

Did you see where we started from? Given this car was burned up twice should have been made into razor blades.. After the strip ready for Acid bath. You can see we did not have much left to work with.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=361796...e=3&theater

Some other changes from the "concept" now that we are near the real world..

A ) Borla induction rather then the 2 superchargers.

B ) Old School header system with all modern design.

C ) Dumped the push-rod rear suspension went full race proven design

D ) Went back to "Urraco" roots with a quick change motor cradle. (gee I wonder why?) Hint.. Hint.. track motor and daily driver motor..

E ) Porsche drive shafts

F ) "Turbo Joe" wire harness and full race treatment on motor / trans management

post-177466-1373253071.jpg

Front Clip... ;) For this season this is what I have. But... 2014 yes Frank Killam will design it. He did the original art, ABD Racing Werks and Ted's Rod Shop will make it so.. So do not fret on that clip, it is 100% removable!

Danny Huseman (if you know racing in So. Cal. you know Danny's work is spot on) has been on rear suspension and motor mount. However, now that he is into the car, he had me get the Borla induction so he can fab up a header system to fit the off the chart build of the car. He is making the gills and a total re-design of the rear louvers.

Today the motor mounts and such got ready for powder coating and Nickel Plating.. Gills on..

photom_zps10f0f5e4.jpg

photon_zps621e00e5.jpg

photok_zps5ed3ac46.jpg

photol_zps5995cc26.jpg

photoj_zps1fed80cc.jpg

photoi_zps4b3f5b27.jpg

photoF_zps22502515.png

photoA_zps0df3f19c.jpg

photoh_zps22568fc9.jpg

photog_zpsb2c7e3cd.jpg

photoC_zpse8d092fe.jpg

photoB_zps116894c4.jpg

photoD_zpsfedf5424.jpg

Today we have, Closing the rear clip gap to the body, heat and sound shield patterns and door latch solenoids in.. Note the car has no external door latches or locks.

tail_zpse65247e0.jpg

Readyforpaint_zps2538b501.jpg

Patern2_zps7ccde7a8.jpg

Pattern4_zps1ed08764.jpg

Pattern3_zpse418bc23.jpg

NewPatterns_zpsec4e3e12.jpg

DoorLatch_zps2ae88e79.jpg

DoorPoperMount_zps476bd8ad.jpg

HeatShildsUP_zpsf2f753b8.jpg

GotShiledsCaptain_zps1c048501.jpg

No front bumper until we get the car rolling and driving.. ;) As to rolling and driving we are at the point of the build were it all comes back together. The motor cradle went to powder coat.. "Transparent black" so we can still see the amazing welding that Danny did. That comes back today. Motor and trans back in this weekend, heat shields go in. Turbo Joe gets on wire. Then Danny does his magic on the headers he has been mocking up..

post-177466-1375459500_thumb.jpg

post-177466-1375459515_thumb.jpg

post-177466-1375459530_thumb.jpg

post-177466-1375459554_thumb.jpg

post-177466-1375459569_thumb.jpg

post-177466-1375459589_thumb.jpg

post-177466-1375459599_thumb.jpg

post-177466-1375459617_thumb.jpg

post-177466-1375459635_thumb.jpg

post-177466-1375459663_thumb.jpg

what car are tail lights from?

LOL we are using as many VAG parts as we can they are Audi Q5 upside down. here is a photo from March..

post-177466-1375480108.jpg

Some other changes from the "concept" now that we are near the real world..

E ) Porsche drive shafts

Drive shafts? Do you mean half shafts or output shafts? There are no drive shafts from front to rear unless we're talking a front engine, rear transmission Porsche in which case it would be a torque tube, but given this car is mid/rear engine (depending on how you go about it) I can only imagine a transaxle. Are you using the transaxle out of a Porsche of some sort? I'm confused by this.

F ) "Turbo Joe" wire harness and full race treatment on motor / trans management

What are you going to use to tune the fuel injection and ignition system once it is in? Why are the runners so short, are the ITBs going to be tuned for WOT and high end power instead of longer runners? What sort of application are you going to use to tune the lengths or are you just going to use standard equations on the length and leave it where it is at?

Your new fabricators work is outstanding.

LOL we are using as many VAG parts as we can they are Audi Q5 upside down. here is a photo from March..

While I can't wait to see your car completed, I'm beginning to understand the nuances of making this old design look current with the integration of the new front and rear bumpers & lights. If you're happy with the bumper and light treatment then that's great but in my opinion, they are not on par with what's going on quality wise now with your new fabricator. Like I said though, if you're happy with it, then nothing else matters.

Perhaps you'd like to consider this bumper treatment as something not to strive for...

Capture2.PNG

Pardon the quick response.. The Drive Shafts, transaxle to hub. Alan had used the ones out of the A8 donor front wheels they as you are aware are not CV joints and alan had them at a 35 degree rake and 10 degree off level.. in other words they would have never worked.

Yes Abolfaz not really happy with many aspects of the prior work but I refuse to throw Alan under the bus, we can change both front and rear clips down the road, for now its getting it on the road safely is the key. Cool part of this project it can morph as needed. So judge it yes but judge it when its done..

As for the Borla induction here is a sneak peek..

73548_10200837440871740_1184251492_n.jpg