Retro Review: 1996 Lamborghini Diablo VT

Redlambo

When I log into a forum and things from the 90s are now "retro", I feel old as fcuk. Next thing I know they'll be playing the offspring and marilyn manson on the "oldies" station.

What always shocks me watching something from the 90's= how old it really looks. I can still smell 1996... yet that video would have you believe it was 21 years ago... :aiwebs_011:

What always shocks me watching something from the 90's= how old it really looks. I can still smell 1996... yet that video would have you believe it was 21 years ago... :aiwebs_011:

Shhhhhhhhhhhh no.. no no no. It was just yesterday.

The technology may be old; ancient even; but I think the styling is timeless. Never mind the Diablo, the Countach can still park proudly right beside any contemporary super car.

Haha, yeah I know what you mean.

Very vivid memories of the cars and pop culture back then.

Motorweek was awful. Thank God for Top Gear and Grand Tour.

LOL.

I look at Motorweek like the old XT and 286 PCs.......obsolete now, but was fun back in the day. First time I came across Motorweek in the late '80s back in elementary school it was awesome.

The production value is amateur in comparison to TG/GT, but it had its charm.....and that was actually being singularly about cars and nothing else. No pretense at being a show for general entertainment or for non car enthusiast audiences. Being that it was on public television as opposed to network/cable TV, it was a good fit.

I look at Motorweek like the old XT and 286 PCs.......obsolete now, but was fun back in the day. First time I came across Motorweek in the late '80s back in elementary school it was awesome.

The production value is amateur in comparison to TG/GT, but it had its charm.....and that was actually being singularly about cars and nothing else. No pretense at being a show for general entertainment or for non car enthusiast audiences. Being that it was on public television as opposed to network/cable TV, it was a good fit.

I was there watching all the episodes when they came out (I *think* the channel was TNN) I'm just happy some people were able to make a fun automotive review show.

Also, there is motorweek gold on youtube and it will consume you for hours if you're not careful.

Agreed, motorweek was awesomeness for the time, I also waited to watch it on TNN. In the diablo review, did anyone else catch the (se30?) that barely missed the gate on the way in @ 1:57?