How will the Huracan Perfomante compare to the 720?

Plastique999

I think Lambo and McLaren have come out with 2 winners this year in these models. They are pushing the envelope and innovating new technology. The Perfomante and 720 are being released next....I wonder how these 2 will compare in different aspects. It would be cool to see the 720 tested at the Ring. They are very different cars but would be interesting to see comparisons in terms of power delivery, handling, driving experience, sound, etc....not necessarily about outright speed. These cars are now in hypercar territory and it's nice these days to have so many options.

I also wonder how and what Ferrari's next answer is to the Perf and 720.

Is anyone ordering a 720? If so, why?

I think Lambo and McLaren have come out with 2 winners this year in these models. They are pushing the envelope and innovating new technology. The Perfomante and 720 are being released next....I wonder how these 2 will compare in different aspects. It would be cool to see the 720 tested at the Ring. They are very different cars but would be interesting to see comparisons in terms of power delivery, handling, driving experience, sound, etc....not necessarily about outright speed. These cars are now in hypercar territory and it's nice these days to have so many options.

I also wonder how and what Ferrari's next answer is to the Perf and 720.

Is anyone ordering a 720? If so, why?

F12 tDf?

458 Speciale?

Not sure at this stage of the game if any car is an answer for the other.

Performante will shock a lot of people with its performance, McLarens are ok but too sterile, I have very little interest in them, the ones I like are the P1 and 675 series, the P1 GTR is pure sex on wheels.

All of these cars are extremely fast other factors will come into play when you start making your buying decisions so what's good for you might not be for me, the decisions aren't based on metrics IMO, they will be based on emotion.

The 720S is being mentioned/rumored by people who went to the unveiling as being 3 or more seconds faster then the 675LT around a 2.5 mile track. That puts it faster then the 918 and P1 as far as the rumor mill goes. A performante will not be faster on track than a 918 imo.

Nurburgring numbers mean fairly little when looking at relative performance at majority of other tracks (see how the Aventador SV compares on other tracks)

The Performante is the only one with an NA engine. It's like a manual F360:maybe a bit slower in a drag race, but very exciting

Ciao

The Performante is the only one with an NA engine. It's like a manual F360:maybe a bit slower in a drag race, but very exciting

Ciao

I think the 720 will beat them all in performance.

straight line I agree, but I think the performante will have better track times IMO (and looks/sounds better) this is my guess, so maybe ill be wrong.

straight line I agree, but I think the performante will have better track times IMO (and looks/sounds better) this is my guess, so maybe ill be wrong.

Looks for sure... But ive really started to like the 675Lt...

Looks for sure... But ive really started to like the 675Lt...

me too, but the 720 is completely different. (but maybe it will be for the better, we will see shortly)

The 720S is being mentioned/rumored by people who went to the unveiling as being 3 or more seconds faster then the 675LT around a 2.5 mile track. That puts it faster then the 918 and P1 as far as the rumor mill goes. A performante will not be faster on track than a 918 imo.

Nurburgring numbers mean fairly little when looking at relative performance at majority of other tracks (see how the Aventador SV compares on other tracks)

31970C61_5051_41BB_B21A_1AD0D8E1F05C_13250_000020A2B85E67C2_tmp.png

So let me try to get my head around this, you believe rumors that the 720 is faster than the 675 on some random track and somehow you came to the conclusion that it will be faster than the 918 and the P1.

Now you know that the Performante will not be faster than 918, how you came to this conclusion only God knows LOL

The next bit of wisdom is the fact that Nurburgring times mean very little just so you further discredit any success Lamborghini had at the ring.

You must be smoking on a McLaren logo shaped pipe, can you put it down? LOL

Performante will shock a lot of people with its performance, McLarens are ok but too sterile, I have very little interest in them, the ones I like are the P1 and 675 series, the P1 GTR is pure sex on wheels.

All of these cars are extremely fast other factors will come into play when you start making your buying decisions so what's good for you might not be for me, the decisions aren't based on metrics IMO, they will be based on emotion.

I'm with you. A lot of cars and brands are bought due to passion. I think Ferrari is resting on its laurels and has this edge, whereas McLaren has yet to build this passion in their consumers. All of these cars are crazy fast these days and the big 3 keep pushing each other with healthy competition.

I do respect Ferrari for its racing heritage, McLaren for its technical prowess, and Lamborghini for its sheer presence.

post-7524-1486721128.png

So let me try to get my head around this, you believe rumors that the 720 is faster than the 675 on some random track and somehow you came to the conclusion that it will be faster than the 918 and the P1.

Now you know that the Performante will not be faster than 918, how you came to this conclusion only God knows LOL

The next bit of wisdom is the fact that Nurburgring times mean very little just so you further discredit any success Lamborghini had at the ring.

You must be smoking on a McLaren logo shaped pipe, can you put it down? LOL

I don't believe it personally, only putting forward what people who went to the unveiling have stated. I have very high confidence it will be faster than the 675LT though, I would guess just over a second a lap on same tire.

And the nurburgring has been shown to be a bit suspect in terms of actual track performance for quite some time now. GT-R laptimes on the 'Ring to point out one datapoint.

Also, please explain why the SV is so slow compared to a 918 on multiple tracks when it's supposed to run essentially a 918 time at the 'Ring.

Also, please explain why the SV is so slow compared to a 918 on multiple tracks when it's supposed to run essentially a 918 time at the 'Ring.

Nurburgring is the closest racetrack you going to get to replicating "street like public roads " conditions, the SV doesn't do that well on tight technical tracks for a number of reasons but it is an absolute monster when it comes to long sweeping turns and straight line acceleration, a monster, that's why it was doing so well at the Ring and not as well on tighter tracks. The Performante will take care of that, just sit back and watch.

This is my opinion after living with the SV for few months now, initially I thought the same myself about the lap time, until I took the car for a proper run on some twisties, after driving it for almost 3 hours straight on my way back I thought to myself, thinking back of what just happened, I now know how this car pulled the Ring time it did.

You can sit on your computer all day talking metrics and commenting on rumours, these cars need to be experienced to be understood and be differentiated, they are all fantastic cars but with different characters, I still get goosebumps when thinking about the fun I had driving the SV that afternoon, and that's the only metric which counts in my book because we spend a tone on this toys in order to get that kick out of them.

Nurburgring is the closest racetrack you going to get to replicating "street like public roads " conditions, the SV doesn't do that well on tight technical tracks for a number of reasons but it is an absolute monster when it comes to long sweeping turns and straight line acceleration, a monster, that's why it was doing so well at the Ring and not as well on tighter tracks. The Performante will take care of that, just sit back and watch.

This is my opinion after living with the SV for few months now, initially I thought the same myself about the lap time, until I took the car for a proper run on some twisties, after driving it for almost 3 hours straight on my way back I thought to myself, thinking back of what just happened, I now know how this car pulled the Ring time it did.

You can sit on your computer all day talking metrics and commenting on rumours, these cars need to be experienced to be understood and be differentiated, they are all fantastic cars but with different characters, I still get goosebumps when thinking about the fun I had driving the SV that afternoon, and that's the only metric which counts in my book because we spend a tone on this toys in order to get that kick out of them.

Also, Nurburgring is 3 to 4 times longer than most tracks. I suspect the Porsche was let down by its batteries on such a long lap.

:icon_super:

I'm with you. A lot of cars and brands are bought due to passion. I think Ferrari is resting on its laurels and has this edge, whereas McLaren has yet to build this passion in their consumers. All of these cars are crazy fast these days and the big 3 keep pushing each other with healthy competition.

I do respect Ferrari for its racing heritage, McLaren for its technical prowess, and Lamborghini for its sheer presence.

Ferrari sells itself, that we can all agree, is it the better car? It doesn't have to be LOL

It's like the popular kid in school, some of the others are just as smart, capable at sports, they work 10 times harder but at the end of the day everyone gravitates towards the popular one.

Also, Nurburgring is 3 to 4 times longer than most tracks. I suspect the Porsche was let down by its batteries on such a long lap.

That's true, the issue with that is that the car can't tap into the higher power but it still has to carry on the extra weight.

Having said that can you fault the 918? What a fantastic car! Same goes for all the others P1 LaF 675 etc etc etc as a car nut I'd love to have them all, one in every color, without a shadow of a doubt, but I am not the Sultan of Brunei or some Sheik from a rich oil country or even a Instagram baller LOL and because of that I only buy what speak to my heart the most!

The fun thing to think about is that the performance of all three cars is going to be walloped by the AMB-001 and 50th Anniversary AMG. That will be a true hypercar paradigm shift. Agreed that the SV is more at home on faster circuits than tighter. Would be interesting to see what it could do at Silverstone as there are many representative lap times of other supercars there.