Where is the new ibiza?

Rawr

I paid 50 euro to go to Space Ibiza last summer.. it was a kids show, a bit better than your normal big city nightclub. Id pay triple that to go to this party in Space in 1995.

Where is this still possible - grownups just having a shitshow? Everyone enjoying the vibe, doing whatever.

Such a shame when things get too popular and commercialized. I think South America(Brazil, Colombia) will be where the new party destinations will pop up.

If you want crazy then Kazantip.

Thought of that, vibe needs to be more adult if that makes sense. I've never been though. Burning man maybe?

Thought of that, vibe needs to be more adult if that makes sense. I've never been though. Burning man maybe?

Burning man isn't what you want then. It's become mainstream.

Can never go wrong with Berghain Berlin

This is true

Also in Spain there is Sonar Festival and the Sonar Mobilee rooftop party. Ill be looking to try and head that way this year.

Well then germany. Berghain if you want club. Mayday if you want bigger.

But let me guess you have became adult, seen all the clubs and suddenly nothing feels quite as interesting anymore because you have seen enough of it and can expect what will go down at night.

Aleppo, totally a new vibe, different crowd. Nightly fireworks, trumps the now played out the house music scenesters of fallouja. I'll book your reservations for you.

Depends what you want. There are parties in places like LA that capture the essence of Ibiza in the '90s-- you just have to know where to look. And be openminded.

Ibiza, 1997 and 2004. That is where it was. ;)

Croatia is apparently picking up steam.

This. Defected records are not doing Ibiza this year and instead in Croatia. Another emerging dance scene is India, seriously. Lots of big acts going there.

The music has changed. Fucktards shuffling, selfies and doing legal highs is now the thing whilst they do a bit of Ket which is snapchattted back to their mates at home. Shame.

The music is mainstream, too poppy and intertwined with hip hop. Look at Tiesto, the main stalwart of what Ibiza was then went lite on us, he went on to produce radio friendly collaborations with beige beats. The darkness was gone as they realised they needed a chart topping album for their pension. I know I sound old but clubs these days are different because of the music and to some extent social media.

No doubt Ibiza still has places to go for some old school fun, but it has lost its shine. I am reliably informed that the drugs are better in Croatia.

This. Defected records are not doing Ibiza this year and instead in Croatia. Another emerging dance scene is India, seriously. Lots of big acts going there.

The music has changed. Fucktards shuffling, selfies and doing legal highs is now the thing whilst they do a bit of Ket which is snapchattted back to their mates at home. Shame.

The music is mainstream, too poppy and intertwined with hip hop. Look at Tiesto, the main stalwart of what Ibiza was then went lite on us, he went on to produce radio friendly collaborations with beige beats. The darkness was gone as they realised they needed a chart topping album for their pension. I know I sound old but clubs these days are different because of the music and to some extent social media.

No doubt Ibiza still has places to go for some old school fun, but it has lost its shine. I am reliably informed that the drugs are better in Croatia.

goa to goa

Edit: nod to chicane and his dubai sets in a post ibiza world

Nope...not that mainstream, it is what you make it, got my tickets yesterday...it has gotten more expensive and more rules but the party is still there.....I was in Ibiza last year and it has gone down hill, in Vegas last weekend its changed a lot also...

Tiesto has been down the toilet last 6-7 years already.

Picking on EDM is easy. But pointless and wasted energy too.

Finding good sound from emerging or established artists again and again is the fine salt in this game.

Aleppo, totally a new vibe, different crowd. Nightly fireworks, trumps the now played out the house music scenesters of fallouja. I'll book your reservations for you.

lol

Another emerging dance scene is India, seriously. Lots of big acts going there.

I partied in Goa and lived in a beach hut for a month a few years back. Unforgettable time... I've never experienced anything like that again, ever. Like being in the movie "the beach"

Such a shame when things get too popular and commercialized. I think South America(Brazil, Colombia) will be where the new party destinations will pop up.

Would be great if that happened.

All you hear is violence down there.

• 1 month later...

I am sorry gents I've been off contemplating the meaning of lamps.

Yes, very rampant.

Can never go wrong with Berghain Berlin

This is true

Also in Spain there is Sonar Festival and the Sonar Mobilee rooftop party. Ill be looking to try and head that way this year.

Right up my alley, Im in Barcelona. But what is this, a festival like WMC? I couldnt tell by the page.

Well then germany. Berghain if you want club. Mayday if you want bigger.

But let me guess you have became adult, seen all the clubs and suddenly nothing feels quite as interesting anymore because you have seen enough of it and can expect what will go down at night.

Yes me friend, the latter. I'm 31 and clubbed since 16. What's the cure or should I just wait? Also..... the music man. It's either mainstream OR it's too minimal. I want the whole thing and a dj with variety but dancy.

I watched a few videos, fun parties man, just awesome. Any stories? So in one interview that guy Barry Londonblock or something (he was involved with Space) he said that now djs don't play music.....they play.... a certain sound. They found a sound that was popular, and are running with it. I found it a good summation tbh - a select sound is limiting by it's definition.

Nope...not that mainstream, it is what you make it, got my tickets yesterday...it has gotten more expensive and more rules but the party is still there.....I was in Ibiza last year and it has gone down hill, in Vegas last weekend its changed a lot also...

So...where's the party at?

I like the mainstream parties. Can't wait for this amazing lineup in a few weeks.

You're always VIP, right? I think that and you liking harder stuff (correct if wrong), that's two big factors for big events.

Car cox being really really good. Check this out, from 4:30 to 7:30- it's a transition. I want to see that Ultra :)

Mykonos, Greece has some pretty incredible beach parties in the summer. It's also pretty popular with the LBGT crowd, though...

That's funny. The whole reason clubs and clubbing exists for straight people like you and I is BECAUSE of the LGBT crowd. Mykonos is garbage though, and has been for a long long time.

I've DJ'd all over the world. It's what I do professionally. Croatia's festival circuit, like some have said here, has been good in the past seven/eight years or so, but is quickly going the way of Ibiza (read: too many sunburnt chavvy Brits). As soon as discount airlines like RyanAir and EasyJet offer direct flights to somewhere from the UK, you know it's pretty much "over".

Like anything, it depends what you want out of you experience. If you're looking for an Ibiza alternative (i.e. good clubbing in a tropical setting), it's pretty hard to beat Brazil, or anywhere in South America, really.