Han Solo about to lose his pilot's license

Roman

The FAA Response was kinda funny. Ford asked for landing instruction, repeated back the runway. When he landed on the taxiway, he asked the tower "was that 737 supposed to be under me like that?" The response from the tower was "you landed on the taxiway." He is gonna be in some serious shit for that.

To my recollection, we had that happen here at Hartsfield a few years ago with Delta pilot landing on a taxiway. Unreal.

I used to work for a flight sim company in the flight line of OC just the other side of the 405. Almost every day two guys would go out at lunch and do touch-and-gos in their Pitts. Ever since then, I have lusted for an S2. Then I worked for Stillen motors on the back end by all the tie downs and race them in our demo cars on the frontage road there lol. I'd watch the tiny private craft get tossed about all the time, but never a mix-up. It is one of the easier places to (private) fly in to in SoCal, possibly second to SaMo.

It happens occasionally with professional pilots too.. as stated, in ATL with Delta and in PHL with UsAir. He is still sharp for an old guy so i hope they dont take his license.

Few years ago a C-17 landed at the wrong airport. A tiny general aviation airport. So accidents do happen, but it seems like Ford has had a few more than most.

It happens occasionally with professional pilots too.. as stated, in ATL with Delta and in PHL with UsAir. He is still sharp for an old guy so i hope they dont take his license.

Sharp? Maybe you know him but from public appearances he looks like he is spaced out 90% of time.

$100 says the FAA official who get this file on their desk with be Jabba

Does that mean that Boba Fett will be the one retrieving his license?

Roger that! How can you confuse the two.

post-13077-1487186521.jpg

that picture is a little missleading the taxiway he landed on is actually here (excuse my shitty MS paint)

post-8211-1487357668.jpg

which BTW that taxiway is the exact dimensions of the runway (almost to the foot) just shifted 150 feet East of the runway

Sharp? Maybe you know him but from public appearances he looks like he is spaced out 90% of time.

Yeah, not too sharp. Apparently, he radioed in that he was in a helicopter. Okay........

Not trying to sound dickish but how many people here actually fly?

Helicopter. I was a couple of lessons from going solo and my instructor was killed in a helicopter accident. When the person in the left seat, the person who you trust the most in the world with passing their knowledge and wisdom to you to keep you alive dies...

It was heartbreaking. I kept flying for a little while but I couldn't go solo. Still love helicopters though.

Not trying to sound dickish but how many people here actually fly?

He won't lose his license for this, honest mistake and no one was hurt and no property damage. He will fill out what is called a

nasa report which is like traffic school for pilots if you fess up and tell what you did they won't take action against you in the name of safety. But he will have to do remedial training and take a check ride with an examiner to prove he's still up to snuff. If your worried about him flying over the heads of a hundred people in a boeing, what about the 10's of thousands he flew over on approach to the airport. Here's a picture of his landing looks in control to me. Sometime's when you screw up it's better to not

overreact and make things worse.

0216-harrison-ford-landing-tmz-7.jpg

Link didn't work just search the above.