2014 G63 - ADV1 wheels and some proper truck tires

I wasn't sure exactly where to post this as it is not an SLS or SLR, however being an AMG car I figured it would fit in in this subsection just fine. The customer called me with a "problem".. he wanted to do a set of ADV1 wheels however he wanted to retain the off-road capabilities of his new truck.. super low profile tires, or anything remotely close were out of the question. He asked me for my recommendation and I came up with this... A Square 20x10 set of ADV1 ADV6 MV2 SL (their new 2 piece wheel in the SL styling [basically means the spoke are "fancier" than the standard wheel]). The tires I picked were the Nitto Terra Grappler 2's in 305/50/20. He finally came down yesterday (after his last 2013 G63 was lemon Law'd) and we installed the setup.. It really looks perfect in my opinion!

If anyone else needs pricing or info, shoot me a message on here or via email.

BMG_3505_EDIT_zps0f3da211.jpg

BMG_3508_EDIT_zpsb9c151aa.jpg

BMG_3498_EDIT_zps75bdcc0b.jpg

BMG_3497_EDIT_zps223a292d.jpg

BMG_3496_EDIT_zpsf5b17ed7.jpg

BMG_3495_EDIT_zps1c0cbd5f.jpg

Looks great!!! Wonder how those tires ride day to day? My 22" Tires arent quite as aggressive but they definitely don't soften the ride.

Looks great!!! Wonder how those tires ride day to day? My 22" Tires arent quite as aggressive but they definitely don't soften the ride.

this owner lives in NYC and has had no complaints so far! (other than road noise, but that's a given with bud type tires like this).

• 1 month later...

Being in f-u money territory, it would be the only truck, along an H1, I would ever buy I think. Pretty much any other SUV out there is so boring compared to these.

Great mods. The truck looks great.

Being in f-u money territory, it would be the only truck, along an H1, I would ever buy I think. Pretty much any other SUV out there is so boring compared to these.

Great mods. The truck looks great.

Problem is, both cars named there, ride will result in loss of fillings and anythign else not born onto your body.

Problem is, both cars named there, ride will result in loss of fillings and anythign else not born onto your body.

:iamwithstupid:

The truck looks great. Problem with all these G-wagens is the wind noise, can't ever get rid of it and it drives me insane on the highway.

The truck looks great. Problem with all these G-wagens is the wind noise, can't ever get rid of it and it drives me insane on the highway.

that makes no sense to me. These trucks are cutting edge in terms of aerodynamics.

Probably true...but they look far superior to anything else in the SUV world. I could not care less about SUVs honestly, so I'm biased. Get me an E63 AMG 4Matic any day before an ML63...:)

Probably true...but they look far superior to anything else in the SUV world. I could not care less about SUVs honestly, so I'm biased. Get me an E63 AMG 4Matic any day before an ML63...:)

I 100% agree with you!

that makes no sense to me. These trucks are cutting edge in terms of aerodynamics.

You really think a G-wagon is cutting edge in terms of aerodynamics. It has cool factor, I will give it that much but otherwise, it has the drag coefficient of a house on wheels.

You really think a G-wagon is cutting edge in terms of aerodynamics. It has cool factor, I will give it that much but otherwise, it has the drag coefficient of a house on wheels.

Pretty sure that was sarcasm. Nothing in the G63 is cutting edge especially its freezer like aerodynamics....

Pretty sure that was sarcasm. Nothing in the G63 is cutting edge especially its freezer like aerodynamics....

haha I was absolutely kidding. I don't think there is a rounded edge on the car besides the wheels and tires.