Alfa Romeo 4c

sonnythebull

I got close to getting one but backed off when the dealers started asking over MSRP. From what I can see now a year or so later, they can't seem to give them away and there's been several cars trading in the low fifties loaded.

I was captivated at first but now not so much.

Was semi-interested in one. Test-drove one. Pass. Sub-par quality interior and built.

I never got past the fiat link interior build quality.

Was semi-interested in one. Test-drove one. Pass. Sub-par quality interior and built.

:iamwithstupid:

I was very interested in one. Test-drove one. Pass. Sub-par quality interior, it's awful, laggy engine. Shame.

car looks amazing. the exposed carbon tub is kind of nice for a car at that price range. but i think if you want a serious 'toy' car, finding a good lotus EXIGE would be better!

The 2016 are improved a lot . The car set a Nurburgring lap record. I had an exige s and I think this is far superior. Chris Harris loves it . For a multiple car owner I think it's fun

A proper manual transmission IMHO would put it over the top.

A "Ferrari designed" 4 cylinder would probably help too. Although let's not forget that Lotus Elise/Exige uses a Toyota Celica motor and the Evora uses a Camry motor.

When people have to cough up real money for a car, a lot things matter. So I can see how people would pass. It's damn near $80k no?

But I bet there are elements of it that are better than 95% of cars out there.

Agree with sonny....in a multi-car collection it works.

• 1 year later...

Anyone? The local dealer has one in my favorite color combo (white/saddle) and is asking $10k below sticker. Drove it today, its a blast. Whats it like living with one?

Anyone? The local dealer has one in my favorite color combo (white/saddle) and is asking $10k below sticker. Drove it today, its a blast. Whats it like living with one?

Alot of people hate Doug Demuro but I think his review of the 4c would make alot of potential buyers consider something like a Cayman or a TTrs instead, I would. Around town, manual steering would get tiresome, and I get the feeling the lack of daily usability is engineering oversight more than a purposeful intent to make a drivers car.

Now THIS is what an Alfa 4C should look like! I've been really wanting one, but with an Exile S260 already in the garage, hard to justify another toy/track car.

Screen_Shot_2017_11_08_at_10.50.24_PM.png

I rented one from turo 2 months ago for pebble beach car week and had a freakin blast!

for the money you cant beat it IMO.. sounds cool, looks semi exotic, lots of looks, handles like a dream etc.. (like a go cart)

no power steering sucks and the top is a PIA. other than that I would buy one in a second if I had the garage space.

post-2228-1510239073_thumb.jpg

post-2228-1510239108_thumb.jpg

no power steering is a plus imo

been considering one since some time

to me is one of the best recent models

Just a little bit small for my taste. If it was closer to the size of a Gallardo I think it would be better, visually that is.

They can’t be too expensive, get one and if you don’t like it sell it on.

Personall I really like it, I was offered few test drives but never got around doing it.

Alot of people hate Doug Demuro but I think his review of the 4c would make alot of potential buyers consider something like a Cayman or a TTrs instead, I would. Around town, manual steering would get tiresome, and I get the feeling the lack of daily usability is engineering oversight more than a purposeful intent to make a drivers car.

Did DeMuro complain about the steering's heaviness?

He complains about certain cars with power steering having heavy steering. :lol2:

These are toys plain and simple.

4C is a niche car -- ~2000 lbs, no power steering, mid engine. It's aimed at a very specific individual as opposed to the Cayman or TTrs which are aimed at broader segments. I hate seeing a car being judged for not being jack of all trades, just like I hate seeing Porsches often praised for that very reason.

I think compared to an Elise it's geared to be livable inside. An Elise/Exige is even more of a toy.

no power steering is a plus imo

Of course.

But looking at how the average car enthusiast views it differently even on tiny mid engine cars like this, it's no wonder the entire enthusiast car offerings are soft these days. We're lucky manual transmissions still exist on any level.

The only knock for having manual steering is if you have to slow the ratio versus a power assisted rack. On cars this light you usually don't have to do that.

Its a nice entry car for those on a budget.

Yes, it would be.

But at the same time, I think the 4c transcends value.

Just like the C6 and C7 POS Z cars are more than just a "good value".

You can have all the $$$ and still want these cars, I'm sure of it.

In some ways a 4 banger is limited in what presence the car can have, absolutely.

But in other ways this car will give thrills that a modern Lambo or Ferrari cannot, I'm pretty sure of it.

And I would say the same thing of an Elise/Exige, which is comparable.