cable for iphone connection

scud

anyone having issues with their cable in their aventdor connecting to a iphone but not playing music?

my 17 SV-R had the cable with a usb end, and if you plugged in a iphone cable, no sound would play as the car wouldn't recognise the phone.

local dealer then replaced the cable that came with the car to a Bentley cable with a lightning end, plugged the phone in and it now works, but still has the odd issue.

those with an iPhone will know the phone has different music playlists like recently added, recently played, top 25, purchased music, artists, songs, albums, downloaded music etc.

plug the phone in and it'll play recently added folder all by itself.

change to say purchased music, and it'll play a song but the play list on the car screen won't match the iphone play list.

then after a minute it'll come up 'no device found'. then reset and start playing again. or sometimes it'll run for as long as I'm in the car with no issues.

cable is frustratingly short, only long enough for the phone to sit in the pocket on the left hand side of centre tunnel, so you can't reach it easily from a rhd car. I guess it's ok for left hookers, but they were too lazy to put the cable and pocket on the right hand side for rhd cars.

no longer length cable is available. I bought a couple of cables that had a female lightning at one end, and a male lighting at the other. connected the bought cable to the existing cable, then to the phone, but it doesn't work.

lambo dealer said he has contacted lambo, and they are working on a new cable.

so stupid that other brands have Bluetooth for the phone music, and it works perfect.

anyone else share the frustration to not being able to listen to music off their phone in the car?

no "you don't need music, just listen to the engine and exhaust" comments please.

Here's the old cable.

thanks

post-4435-1500603040_thumb.jpg

My iPhone has never worked in my A-SV. Every owner I have talked with in Vancouver has had the same issue, pretty stupid that a 2017 model can not hook up with Bluetooth or by cable!

Not sure about the AUS market spec for the A-SV but in North America, the car comes with 2 cables. One is that as pictured from your first post. That one is basically useless. The other has a connector that plugs into the car at one end and the iPod 30pin male connector at the other end. Use this cable and connect it to the car. If you don't have this cable, buy one as you need it for the iPhone to work properly. Then go to your Apple Store or Apple reseller and buy an adaptor with a 30pin female connector at one end and the Lightning male connector at the other end. There are 2 types: one is a simple adaptor and the other has a wire in between both ends. I would get the latter as it's longer and more versatile. The simple adaptor one would almost guarantee not to fit if your iPhone have a case of any type since there isn't much room to play with on the stubby Lightning connector. Connect the 30pin connectors between 2 cables and then plug in the Lightning end to your iPhone and everything should work properly. The trick is both cables must be OEM. Any other 3rd party manufacturer would not work 100%. And yes, it's stupid that there is Bluetooth connection on the telephone mode but not so on the iTune mode. The AV-S is suppose to resolve that when Apple CarPlay becomes available in a few months time; at least supposedly...

I was told this cable is for Ipod connection, it will not play music from Iphone

Anyway SV is not good to listen music to, all the carbon inside makes it sound much worse than regular aventador (even with the upgraded stereo)

Thanks for the quick replies.

Pics of cables mentioned would be greatly appreciated.

I'm doing 900ks next week in one go and would love to have a solution before then.

Not sure if it will work on Aventador but I've had good luck with https://www.amazon.com/Bovee-Bluetooth-Car-...ords=tune+2+air on both Gallardo and Huracan.

Can you express one to me by Monday since it's Friday morning in the states?

Amazon are saying Wednesday delivery which is too late?

Not sure if any retail outlets here in Australia would stock this product?

Can you express one to me by Monday since it's Friday morning in the states?

Amazon are saying Wednesday delivery which is too late?

Not sure if any retail outlets here in Australia would stock this product?

No I'm in Italy right now. Maybe another member can help out.

What a load of horseshit that a $650k car can't play music off of an iPhone.

Well I'm feeling better about being a retard with this sort of stuff.

I'm not feeling good about the situation I agree, cars that cost 5% of a SV can play music with a iPhone. I like Tidal to listen to music in my other cars.

Oh well

Best

Eric

My biggest regret is ordering the stereo for the SV, absolutely useless, nevertheless the cable which was supplied from the factory with my car for the iPhone works in my SV.

No surprise really. The iPhone camera is about as idiot proof as it can get and 99.8% of the time it delivers. Go buy a flagship Nikon or Canon and good luck fiddling through all the menus and sub-menus just to take a decent pic. Try a Leica M and it's not even auto-focused! The same goes for audio stuff: tube amps sound phenomenal but they needs plenty of TLC and they will still break down. Esoteric high-end solid state amps are even worse; some are close to being non-repairable when they go haywire and that happens more often than one would believe. Buy a cheap receiver at Radio Shack or one of those everything-in-one-box Bose unit and they last for years if not a couple of decades. :eusa_wall:

My biggest regret is ordering the stereo for the SV, absolutely useless, nevertheless the cable which was supplied from the factory with my car for the iPhone works in my SV.

So the next dumb question is with that cable can I play music from the iPhone. My iPhone is a 6, the old one.

Thx very much.

I don't have time to go to the dealer today and ask these questions. And Monday I'm off to London & Monaco.

So the next dumb question is with that cable can I play music from the iPhone. My iPhone is a 6, the old one.

Thx very much.

I don't have time to go to the dealer today and ask these questions. And Monday I'm off to London & Monaco.

Does the 6 have the same connector as the 7? I think it does, if it does I am assuming the same cable, I will check today the part number on my cable.

Does the 6 have the same connector as the 7? I think it does, if it does I am assuming the same cable, I will check today the part number on my cable.

Yes the same cable.

So I looked inside the car and yay!! there was the cable. What could possibly go wrong?!?!?

I was so happy, until the message popped up that said "device not compatable" WTF?!?! Appearantly my car doesn't like my phone. My phone seems to like my car, I happen to like both of them, but the car is being a prick and isn't likening the phone. I'm not sure how the car feels about me yet.

fcuking first world problems......

No surprise really. The iPhone camera is about as idiot proof as it can get and 99.8% of the time it delivers. Go buy a flagship Nikon or Canon and good luck fiddling through all the menus and sub-menus just to take a decent pic. Try a Leica M and it's not even auto-focused! The same goes for audio stuff: tube amps sound phenomenal but they needs plenty of TLC and they will still break down. Esoteric high-end solid state amps are even worse; some are close to being non-repairable when they go haywire and that happens more often than one would believe. Buy a cheap receiver at Radio Shack or one of those everything-in-one-box Bose unit and they last for years if not a couple of decades. :eusa_wall:

Well said your 1000% correct. Is anything good ever simple?

Yes the same cable.

So I looked inside the car and yay!! there was the cable. What could possibly go wrong?!?!?

I was so happy, until the message popped up that said "device not compatable" WTF?!?! Appearantly my car doesn't like my phone. My phone seems to like my car, I happen to like both of them, but the car is being a prick and isn't likening the phone. I'm not sure how the car feels about me yet.

fcuking first world problems......

Photos of my cable, something very strange is happening, I am subscribed to the Music app (Apple), I can play songs which are saved in my library but it doesn't play songs within the app which I haven't actually saved to my library LOL

IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0170.JPG

Thx for the pics, tmr I'll have some time and will take pics of the cable I found. And see if what I found looks like yours, I was very busy today and didn't look at it-just the end that plugged into my phone. It wouldn't play anything. Funny thing is the Bluetooth for the phone works good.

Very strange how some files will play and not others.

On a side note after driving the SV a few more times, I'm up to 12-13 miles now, I like it 10X better than the 50 anniversary aventador I owned. Night & day difference. Your advice and the others here for the SV was spot on for me. The S is nice but not my bag. When I'm back from Europe I'm gonna install the factory race exhaust. That looks like another great idea.

Thx again for everything and the advice & help. Talking to owners beats hell out of talking to salesmen sometimes.

Off to bed,

Eric :-)