Ferrari 812

Smash Boy

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2017/02/is-the...irated-ferrari/

The car you're looking at in the gallery above may well represent the end of a 70-year era at Ferrari. It's called the 812 Superfast, and it's almost certainly going to be the last Ferrari powered by just a naturally aspirated engine.

Ferrari plans to reveal the 812 Superfast at next month's Geneva International Motor Show, but it has revealed some of the car's specs a little early. Under that long, vented hood is a 6.5L V12 engine that makes 788hp (588kW, or 800 metric horsepower) at a showy 8,500rpm. Peak torque is 530lb-ft (718Nm) at 7,000rpm, and Ferrari says that 80 percent of that will be available from 3,500rpm.

That should make the 812 Superfast, well, super fast—Ferrari describing the car as "the most powerful and fastest Ferrari in the marque’s history." That fact presumably ignores the limited-run 949hp (707kW) ThethetheFerrari hybrid hypercar.

The 812 Superfast will also be the first Ferrari road car to feature electromechanical power steering and a host of driver aids that should flatter even drivers with mediocre talents behind the wheel.

Last year, Ferrari told investors and the press that it is developing a common hybrid architecture for its vehicles and that the successor to the front-engined V12 supercar—due in 2020—will be a hybrid. And naturally aspirated engines have been on their way out for some time at Ferrari; the V8s that power the 488 GTE and California T both use forced induction. It's possible we could still see naturally aspirated engines under the hood of one of Maranello's finest in the future, but if we do it'll be coupled with a hybrid system that should allow for up to 30 miles' range on electric power alone.

post-1098-1487309202_thumb.jpg

post-1098-1487309213_thumb.jpg

post-1098-1487309222_thumb.jpg

post-1098-1487309230_thumb.jpg

Prettiest (Only) Ferrari coupe since the 550/575. I really like it. If this is the last NA Ferrari, they should offer a 6/7 speed manual.

I think it looks good, better than the F12 but not as good as the TDF.

Car looks amazing.

:iamwithstupid:

It's prettier than the older models, but next to an aventador SV it looks like a Hyundai........

Not really. It looks badass without "trying too hard"

Not really. It looks badass without "trying too hard"

I actually think Ferrari should try harder, you can't really rest on your laurels forever.

They are falling behind at a fast pace, performance wise and design wise.

This car is pretty not spectacular, the SV for argument sake even though you might not agree is jaw dropping.

Like with most new Ferraris as soon as I see live shots I think it looks like a mess, the yellow car just looks wrong.

I have to agree, looks very slab sided and fat. I withdraw my like of it.

Wow, the real shots of the yellow look terrible.

Yeah, not flattering at all. plus, the engine is in the wrong place. I am sure it is fast though. I just wish aventador can have the same performance. Maybe the aventador S.

Horrible :icon_oak:

Front is SSDD from Ferrari and the rest looks like a test mule with the disguise panels still on it. Kit car even from some angles.

Good things it's fast. No one will see how horrible it is going by :icon_mrgreen:

Anytime they bring out a new model, its like they put fake wheels on it, to fill the wheel wells, and make no tire gap. Then the real model comes out and they throw a set of 18's on it and make it look not nearly as aggressive. Feel like they did the same thing with the 488.

They are falling behind at a fast pace, performance wise

bwahahahahah

design is subjective (and I prefer the Lamborghini, though I like Ferraris - particularly this car) but in what way are Ferrari "falling behind at a fast pace" performance wise?

bwahahahahah

design is subjective (and I prefer the Lamborghini, though I like Ferraris - particularly this car) but in what way are Ferrari "falling behind at a fast pace" performance wise?

Yes they do, have you looked at the McLaren range? Get a 675 LT to run against most of their lineup. The 720 will blitz everything Ferrari has to offer and also the new Performante will wipe the floor with them on every track including the LaF.

They have blind brand loyalists and a Noble prize on how to milk those poor suckers, I will give them that.

Yes they do, have you looked at the McLaren range? Get a 675 LT to run against most of their lineup. The 720 will blitz everything Ferrari has to offer and also the new Performante will wipe the floor with them on every track including the LaF.

They have blind brand loyalists and a Noble prize on how to milk those poor suckers, I will give them that.

The base 488 will outrun a base Huracan with ease and the track focused speciale version will be an animal and stuff competition for the Performante. The 812 is pushing 800 N/A hp, more than a SV Avantador or Aventador S which still doesn't even have a DCT transmission. The TDF is a beast. They also have the ThethetheFerrari which is a real hypercar, not a kitted up Aventador like Lambo does with their million dollar cars.

Pot calling the kettle black on brand loyalty. Ferrari isn't falling behind on anything. I say this as a big time supporter of Lamborghini. Ferrari, Lambo and McLaren are all delivering amazing cars, it just comes down to preference on which one you buy because you really can't lose with any of them.