Touching up Diablo Intake, and other fixes

Allan-Herbie

What do you guys use to touch up the red Lamborghini script on the intake?

Windows taking forever to go up/down... Ive read the fix for this is cleaning the internal rails? That the grease gets old and dirty and binds? Anyone fixed this?

THANKS!

I hand painted my Lambo script on the intakes very slowly but of course I did that when I had 5he whole intake manifold off the car. You could probably trace over the script and make a cutout too and then use that as a template to paint. I thought I remembered something on lamboweb about windo2 regulators but not 100%.

Windows taking forever to go up/down... Ive read the fix for this is cleaning the internal rails? That the grease gets old and dirty and binds? Anyone fixed this?

THANKS!

Dirt could be part of the culprit but I would venture a guess that it's the felt wearing off from the rubber rails. It's apparently a fairly common problem on the Diablo's. The be all that ends all fix is to replace the rails but, according to a master Lambo tech, it takes a skill tech to do it as one needs to cut the piece properly. A quicker/easier solution is to buy some spray on Teflon lube and spray it onto the rubber rails, let dry and then it should lessen the bind. Not a permanent fix as the coating/lube will wear out. If and when so, then just repeat the procedure.

might try powdered graphite.. lube will dry, perhaps leave a drippy/greasy mess.. graphite might sort of wear into any felt that is still present...

** use at own risk/research. I'd hate to have something scratch your window.

Post pics if you replace!

On the intake manifold? I used a heat-resistant red with a very small brush. Lacquer thinner for clean up.

Take a drinking straw and cut it in order to use only four or five inches (you don't need a really long straw). I prefer a larger diameter straw vs. a skinny straw. Then use masking tape to tape the straw to the nozzle -- over, under, and around so that it stays on the nozzle. Spray the paint into the cap or other small container through the straw. This collects the liquid paint while the propellant [mostly] gasses away. Viola, brush painting from an aerosol can.

Thanks for all the comments. Are you saying the felt runners that run along the top of the window and door panel are the ones causing the window to slow?

Me= no. lol

However, now that you asked and I took a second to think about it, there are two cables, driven by a motor. I bet the cables could stand to be lubed. Send some wd40 down their sheaths.. I'd put a nickle on this clearing up the issue before greasing the track would.

I'd recommend T-9 Boeshield instead of WD40:

http://boeshield.com/products/

Good one.. I'd be slightly concerned with paint damage with that though. I was initiallygoing to say bike chain lube.. figured WD40 can be found anywhere and shouldn't hurt anything vital.

** Edit- but while the door is ripped open, might as well use the best lube that can be found. WD40 wont have much staying power. Teflon/Graphite wax with some stick to it would probably be best suited for this.