Chiron

LV Eric

Well boys drove the Bugatti Chiron the other day for about 30-40 minutes.

Gonna be a few minutes before Lambo comes up with anything that tops that car, however it was kinda vanilla, meaning it lacked the personality of a Diablo.

I'll post up a description later if my impression of it and how it stacks up against the cars I've owned over the years.

It would be a nice car to own, no doubt. But I'm still a Lambo guy 100%.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well boys drove the Bugatti Chiron the other day for about 30-40 minutes.

Gonna be a few minutes before Lambo comes up with anything that tops that car, however it was kinda vanilla, meaning it lacked the personality of a Diablo.

I'll post up a description later if my impression of it and how it stacks up against the cars I've owned over the years.

It would be a nice car to own, no doubt. But I'm still a Lambo guy 100%.

Bugs just seemed to lack a soul

I've always seen Bugs as higher performance Bentleys, not a true exotic.

I'd go with that. I mean the numbers are great, but if it can only move you physically and not emotionally and make you feel part of the process, it just isn't the same.

Would never get one.....Pagani or Egg trumps it

Not sure, both are kitcarish to me, the Egg can't seem to get a proper run without crashing, the Paganis are nice but they are more art than cars, the Bug is really the top dog.

I'd go with that. I mean the numbers are great, but if it can only move you physically and not emotionally and make you feel part of the process, it just isn't the same.

260 mph plus ultra luxury was an answer to a question nobody asked, and as such it didn't hit the mark except as purely a show off novelty piece.

If someone had the balls to put in a removable roll cage in there and enter it in the Silver State Classic Challenge and win it, that would be something. :icon_mrgreen:

Not sure, both are kitcarish to me, the Egg can't seem to get a proper run without crashing, the Paganis are nice but they are more art than cars, the Bug is really the top dog.

I think the old Zonda might be the real deal exotic -- an N/A AMG 7.0 (?) V12 with a proper manual, no airbag steering wheel.....not sure about these newer Huayras. The interior does seem to distract from being a proper machine of violence, although I don't think it's too big of a deal.

Some of these Eggs are so outrageous you gotta love 'em.......is this why they're always crashing?

Acceleration from 0 to 186 mph (300 km/h) is blistering at 10 seconds, with 249mph (400 km/h) reached in a mere 20 seconds

:lol2:

I think a car like that you need to move somewhere really isolated, build yourself a 4 mile straight and then maybe you'll get your money's worth!

I agree on the Zonda, I dislike the Zonda interior but otherwise I think it's a great car, light weight, NA motor, sounds incredible, the Huayra, not a fan.

The good news is that the average Bug owner has 40 cars ... so deciding between the Bug and an Egg, Pag etc is not really an issue.

I ran into the Chiron a few weeks ago. The driver said the Carrera Gt was one of his favorite cars of all time.

Inmo, Chiron although Im certain it drives amazing, and is fast as shit, did nothing for me. The back especially is very blah. Prefer the Veyron.

18622629_10209169973152790_5106162266039619326_n.jpg

18582285_10209169975912859_6986241705944174588_n.jpg

18620166_10209169974432822_3330324989031533504_n.jpg

18664646_10209169972912784_2450170523666048176_n.jpg

18670814_10209169975712854_1391561288196393090_n.jpg

The rear is a bit bizarre... I still think as far as hypercar value the Aventador SV is king... no doubt the 918, P1, Bugatti are amazing feats of engineering.. that's almost all they are.. showcases for a companies engineering abilities..... I still prefer CGT to 918, Zonda to Huyara.. not a huge Konigsegg fan but I cant afford any of them so my opinion is pretty meaningless :)

Those bumper things, I think, are for the 5mph crash rule in the US or something like that. Terrible on so many cars

I would take a pagani or koenigsegg over one any day of the week.

but as others said as a 10-11th car it would fit in ;)

Chiron is king, neither Pagani nor Koniggsegg has the resources to develop a complete car like Bugatti, but taste is subjective . I like the Veyron Grand sport, it is just useless in North American, more useless than Lambos lol.

I ran into the Chiron a few weeks ago. The driver said the Carrera Gt was one of his favorite cars of all time.

Inmo, Chiron although Im certain it drives amazing, and is fast as shit, did nothing for me. The back especially is very blah. Prefer the Veyron.

That last pic you posted... very unflattering to the Chiron. Never seen that angle before. Although I think the design is sophisticated and there is a lot of finesse to it, I think it's a car one needs to see in the metal to decide. I'm surprised you like the Veyron more, I thought the Chiron was a big step forward design wise.

I like it a lot. Seeing one next to a first gen Veyron made the Veyron look like crap. The Chiron has a lot of details I love and classic Bugatti lines, but it looks aggressive and sounds good. My biggest grip is the price tag, since you can get about 2 Zondas for the price of one Chiron, or about 6 Aventador SV's. I still want one though, and if I get the funds I will pull the trigger. Pagani's are incredible and I respect Koenigseggs but would never want to own one.

I scoped out the 3rd one I've seen up close this weekend at Sunset GT and saw a few other members cars and fun things there as well:

post-8919-1497299441_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1497299452_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1497299464_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1497299516_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1497299529_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1497299535_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1497299545_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1497299554_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1497299614_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1497299627_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1497299687_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1497299699_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1497299707_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1497299717_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1497299731_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1497299747_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1497299776_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1497299792_thumb.jpg

Agree with daddy.

(Long-winded alert :icon_mrgreen: )

At this year's Geneva Show, the Bugatti, Koenigsegg and Pagani stands were in a triangular formation located 30ft apart from each other. I was lucky to attend on Press Day so I spent a good 2hrs between the 3 displays and talked to many people including the owners (CVK & Horacio's son), the designers, engineers and senior top brass. IMO, this is how these hypercars should be ranked: Chiron, Regera and Huayra.

The Bug feels the most "complete" as in a genuinely well-engineered car. It feels "wholesome" and that's the plus and the minus. The plus being most capable and professional as everything make sense; one feels "right" in this car. But the same comments apply on the minus as well --- it makes so much sense and feels so right that there is hardly any excitement; it does not stir the soul and rattle any emotion other than it's a multi-million dollar car with 1500hp PS and coach work and engineering are the pinnacles of road cars. I have not driven the Chiron (hopefully, that will change by this summer); but I have driven a few Veyrons (at the high speed mode with the power key inserted). And yes, those ugly bumpers exist for North American-spec'd cars only and are removable with relative ease. I agree that the styling of the rear looks a bit unresolved but given the thermal dissipation required from all the power and without adding more bulk or weight, I doubt there is a better solution than its current form.

The Egg is interesting. It's a testament of one man's vision of the perfect performance car. To me, CVK is like a good mad scientist (as oppose to an evil mad scientist). He bends all the rules and actually comes up with a product that works. He is a fanatic on perfection and innovations. But by human nature, or even by basic instinct of any animal, we tend to be somewhat intimidated by things unknown. The Egg is a victim of such instinct. Everything looks somewhat bizarre because we haven't come across anything like it prior. So there is the inevitable reservation. The Egg reminds of when Lexus was first launched: the engineers tinkered with every nut and bolt in order to try to improve on things. The Egg took it one step further: if they cannot find a way to improve on a part and yet in theory a better part should exist for that purpose, then they will make that new part. Hugely commendable but I fear what if someday CVK decided to pack it in and move on? Or worse, he got hit by a bus? What future, if any, would the Egg has when it is a flea-size manufacturer in the gigantic automotive industry? Hats off to the Egg but I question its long-term feasibility. I have seen, touched and sat in about 7 different Eggs but had not driven one. And I am still not a fan of its looks.

The Pag, regrettably, is like meeting your life-long hero in real life and walk away quite disappointed. It is undoubtedly a rolling piece of art. But that's also exactly what it is and not much more. Sure, it has the performance of a hypercar but it feels fragile and the built quality is questionable given the associated costs. Yes, it's carbon fibre technology is tops but those of the Bug and the Egg aren't exactly shabby either. And here is the biggest dilemma: there is so much Art Deco motifs in the car that they become a distraction. Most of the instruments are illegible even at regular low-speed city driving let alone driving fast. Everything just seems overwhelmingly busy. It's almost the exact opposite of the Bug where the instrumentation and controls are minimal, so little that you yearn for more whereas the Pag is a sensory overload and one simply gets disorientated. I honestly did not enjoy the drives at all. Yes, it's my bias but the car is best served to be parked at a glass garage and be admired only. On top of the car itself, I have also heard several horror stories on the business ethics of Pagani. And judging from my time with the local dealer, I tend to agree. I have seen many Pags, been to their "factory" (more like an atelier), sat in about 5 and had driven 2.

IMO, the Chiron is the real car of the trio that you can use everyday on every occasion; that is if you choose to do so.

On top of the car itself, I have also heard several horror stories on the business ethics of Pagani. And judging from my time with the local dealer, I tend to agree.

IF you are able to do so, could you please expand on this? This isn't something I've read about previously.