review: Transformers or the roundtable

TestShoot

This is my first Transformers movie, and I am glad to say it will be my last.

2+ hours of nonstop dialogue (seriously, STFU), jump cuts, lots of cars, and A-team lack of threats to life (a million rounds fired, not a scratch), but no interest.

For a second it is Suicide Squad, and then add in a little girl with her pet tagging along like that kid and monkey in Speedracer. Robots with swords, but no guns, partying with King Arthur.

Michael Bay is a hack.

SPOILERS:

Seriously, they were a secret from humans for a thousand years but secretly fought in every conflict ever, and in paintings and photos and part of the Dirty Dozen. Oh, and a watch killed Hitler.

I don't know how you managed to not see any of the others, even accidentally. They are on Cable TV almost as often as Seinfeld and Friends.

I will watch the 1st 2 Transformer movies any time they are on just to see Megan Fox running around.

Transformers and Iron Man, only 2 comic book movies I like. Sad to hear this one is a disappointment. Will prob. go to watch later today

Saw it and thought it was entertaining. It's a shame that Michael Bay doesn't focus on story, because his visual and audio effects are simply astonishing. He could make a beautiful war documentary or some pretty epic car commercials.

That Centenario is sex on wheels. Speaking off...some spoilers below:

- Marky Mark and the Transforming Batch team up with jail bait and R2-downsyndrome-D2

- EXPLOSIONS

- King Arthur, Merlin...and Robo Tech?

- Hey it's that hot one hot professor

- Optimus Prime goes evil, for like, no reason whatsoever

- EXPLOSIONS

- You may be hot, but Lambo's don't give a flying f*ck

- S l o w m o t i o n

- Commercial breaks for awesome Lamborghini and McLaren ads

- The Brits are dicks

- Bubble isn't mute, he prefers to be the sound-bite king

- Optimus Prime goes good, for like, no reason whatsoever

- Hannibal Lecter wants to save the world

- EXPLOSIONS

I have not been a big fan of the Transformers movies either but with friends in them in the past I have always watched them when they are on HBO, etc. To the credit of Michael Bay he is a big supporter of the military and in particular Team Guys (Navy SEALS). Most of the key tactical guys in the movies have been primarily team guys. Several of his other movies also uses team guys. For 13 hours he even flew down in his private jet and at Coronado did a private movie premiere for the guys. Now that is pretty cool. Michael is a very hard worker. In this movie some of the guys I know that have been in prior movies needed another dude for this movie. I was fortunate enough to make the cut and be part of the team. We had some long days...fourteen hour days in full gear shooting. Michael is extremely tense and knows exactly what he wants from certain cuts. He was fun to work with and the rest oft he crew including Mark W was really cool to be around. BTW I had no idea the TV series Entourage was about Mark. I met some of his friends that work with him and all their nicknames were in that TV Show...I seriously said something how funny that was and they looked at me like I was clueless and some guys were laughing and they told me that was based on Mark's real life! Holy heck I did not know that but wild to meet a couple of the real Entourage. Anyway...here is a couple pics I can now show since it is out in theaters.

None of my solid pics are able to upload for some reason...may be too large file size...

post-10287-1498801047_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1498801062_thumb.jpg

BTW I had no idea the TV series Entourage was about Mark.
I knew some of the real entourage, but lost touch with them. The first episode of Entourage has the fake crew pass the real crew on the lot right at the beginning and Jay G was an extra a bunch of times on the series. Casey Affleck was also around that crew and they also intermingled with Leo DiCap. Some of those guys ended up all intermingling. Jay was in 3 kings, Gone Baby Gone, Departed. He was kinda "Drama" and a few others since they were composites. Damned southies.

My friend I am renting a room to was an A/D for Bay and I know some team guys that ended up working with him. Bay has a patriotic hard-on.

None of my solid pics are able to upload for some reason...may be too large file size...
Malta? Saw your video posted on Kelsie's FB page. Don't know how I know her, probably Half-Face or Camp Billy

TestShot - yes, Kelsie is a wild child! She is dating my bro Andy who owns Half-Face...that is probably the link then.

Yeah some of the guys I would have never put together looks wise in the Entourage crowd but once you spend some time with them they are similar in character. Good times!

TestShot - yes, Kelsie is a wild child! She is dating my bro Andy who owns Half-Face...that is probably the link then.

Yeah some of the guys I would have never put together looks wise in the Entourage crowd but once you spend some time with them they are similar in character. Good times!

Funny how small a world it can be...I've only hung out with the actors from the show, which is entertaining in of itself, but it's interesting to see the people that provided the inspiration for the characters.

This is my first Transformers movie, and I am glad to say it will be my last.

2+ hours of nonstop dialogue (seriously, STFU), jump cuts, lots of cars, and A-team lack of threats to life (a million rounds fired, not a scratch), but no interest.

For a second it is Suicide Squad, and then add in a little girl with her pet tagging along like that kid and monkey in Speedracer. Robots with swords, but no guns, partying with King Arthur.

Michael Bay is a hack.

SPOILERS:

Seriously, they were a secret from humans for a thousand years but secretly fought in every conflict ever, and in paintings and photos and part of the Dirty Dozen. Oh, and a watch killed Hitler.

I would give the first one a go. The sequels have all been horrible in my opinion, but the first one from 2007 was awesome I think.

I have not been a big fan of the Transformers movies either but with friends in them in the past I have always watched them when they are on HBO, etc. To the credit of Michael Bay he is a big supporter of the military and in particular Team Guys (Navy SEALS). Most of the key tactical guys in the movies have been primarily team guys. Several of his other movies also uses team guys. For 13 hours he even flew down in his private jet and at Coronado did a private movie premiere for the guys. Now that is pretty cool. Michael is a very hard worker. In this movie some of the guys I know that have been in prior movies needed another dude for this movie. I was fortunate enough to make the cut and be part of the team. We had some long days...fourteen hour days in full gear shooting. Michael is extremely tense and knows exactly what he wants from certain cuts. He was fun to work with and the rest oft he crew including Mark W was really cool to be around. BTW I had no idea the TV series Entourage was about Mark. I met some of his friends that work with him and all their nicknames were in that TV Show...I seriously said something how funny that was and they looked at me like I was clueless and some guys were laughing and they told me that was based on Mark's real life! Holy heck I did not know that but wild to meet a couple of the real Entourage. Anyway...here is a couple pics I can now show since it is out in theaters.

Didn't know that "Entourage" was based on Wahlberg. Speaking of, I need to give "Entourage" a try. Might not be my cup of tea, but I also might really be missing out on something.

I enjoy all the Tranformers flicks. Sure, they're out there on the fringe of realistic, but lots of good popcorn moments, shooting, explosions, robots fighting, and one-liners. Anyone going into these movies expecting some kind of masterpiece war drama in sci-fi context is setting themselves up for disappointment. They're based on frickin' toys for chrise sake. That said, this being the 5th installment, it will likely be over anyone's head who hasn't seen the others. I don't recommend it as a 1st Transformers movie because the character development will be pretty much lost on you and Bay doesn't help you get up to speed on any aspect of the series. The last movie had better one-liners and I didn't much care for the Deceptacon characters being so thick in racial and socioeconomic stereotyping, but everything else was cool. Robots that blow shit up. Cool. Parents, the word shit probably appears 87 times in the script if that's a concern.