Occasional problem unlocking doors

JanDaMan

Last week the passenger door would not unlock when unarming with the fob (no click unlock noise). Was able to unlock from inside but I can't recall if it opened with the inner switch or if I just reached over to do the handle. Didn't think much of it at the time, but today after a ride I armed it and later went to unarm it to drive again and the drivers door didn't unlock at first (maybe passenger too, not sure). But after I pressed the lock and unlock again, then it unlocked. Alarm chirps correctly as usual in pressing lock and unlock on the fob, but it seems I am starting to get an unlock issue on occasion. Doors are completely shut from what I can tell. Any maintenance (such as lube) I should be doing? Worse case scenario, I assume after I unarm on the fob that I can just use the key to open the door and drive the car? Tonight I will make sure the door jamb screws are tight and anything else that may be obvious as well, although not sure if that would make a difference anyway. I only drive it every couple weeks or so, so maybe it needs more unlocking & locking more often. Some cars just seem to function better the more you drive.

Lock the the doors with the fob (lock beeps) then unlock and lock the doors with the keys. Then unlock the doors with the fob.

Often times the locks and the auto lock with get out of sync.

Lock the the doors with the fob (lock beeps) then unlock and lock the doors with the keys. Then unlock the doors with the fob.

Often times the locks and the auto lock with get out of sync.

This... my car loves doing this.. after manually using key in passenger door it seems to work fine after

This... my car loves doing this.. after manually using key in passenger door it seems to work fine after

Thanks guys. I don't have a passenger door keyhole on mine. But I just armed and unarmed a few times with the key fob and it was working ok the few times I tried it. However after I locked with the key fob, I did try and unlock the driver door with the key just to see how that works. But I couldn't turn the key very far and I used what I think was some pretty good force for a 60 year old turning the key both ways. Key maybe went from 12:00 position to 1:00 position in my attempt to turn, so not sure if that unlocked the door or not. Didn't want to try and open the door at that point as I figured the alarm may go off if I unlocked with the key and didn't unarm the car (poor neighbor sleeping).

Thanks guys. I don't have a passenger door keyhole on mine. But I just armed and unarmed a few times with the key fob and it was working ok the few times I tried it. However after I locked with the key fob, I did try and unlock the driver door with the key just to see how that works. But I couldn't turn the key very far and I used what I think was some pretty good force for a 60 year old turning the key both ways. Key maybe went from 12:00 position to 1:00 position in my attempt to turn, so not sure if that unlocked the door or not. Didn't want to try and open the door at that point as I figured the alarm may go off if I unlocked with the key and didn't unarm the car (poor neighbor sleeping).

Oops I meant to say drivers door. Manually with the key lock and unlock then hit button on fob

Oops I meant to say drivers door. Manually with the key lock and unlock then hit button on fob

When turning the key on the door, how far does the key turn from the 12:00 position to unlock it? I only got to 1:00 position & that doesn't seem like very far. I thought for sure I had the key inserted all the way, but will try again tomorrow.

When turning the key on the door, how far does the key turn from the 12:00 position to unlock it? I only got to 1:00 position & that doesn't seem like very far. I thought for sure I had the key inserted all the way, but will try again tomorrow.

Going by memory I thought it was a quarter turn... I'll have to check when I'm near the garage