Diablo Roadster power window

FrankD

Has anyone had an issue with the window on your roadster not always completing the auto up function when you close the door? Occasional I have to close the door with a bit more force than the passenger side to get the auto up function to kick in. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Has anyone had an issue with the window on your roadster not always completing the auto up function when you close the door? Occasional I have to close the door with a bit more force than the passenger side to get the auto up function to kick in. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

First thing is to check you're making proper connection to the 2 pin switches located at the bottom/front of each door, you should check both doors. These can become loose, or corroded, or might be broken.

Once you have determined that this is not the issue then I suggest doing the manual reset by rolling window all the way up or down with window switch but keep it pressed for 30 seconds or more each door, this resets the relay, works for me every time.

Low voltage or weak battery cause small issues like this on the Diablo, always make sure you battery tender or trickle charge your car.

Cheers

First thing is to check you're making proper connection to the 2 pin switches located at the bottom/front of each door, you should check both doors. These can become loose, or corroded, or might be broken.

Once you have determined that this is not the issue then I suggest doing the manual reset by rolling window all the way up or down with window switch but keep it pressed for 30 seconds or more each door, this resets the relay, works for me every time.

Low voltage or weak battery cause small issues like this on the Diablo, always make sure you battery tender or trickle charge your car.

Cheers

Thanks for the info......the 2 pin connectors, do I have to remove the inner door panels to check?

Thanks

Frank

Thanks for the info......the 2 pin connectors, do I have to remove the inner door panels to check?

Thanks

Frank

No you do not, you can do it from the door itself, usually just one screw, the rubber housing might be cracked or broken as well causing poor contact, sand paper all the wire leads and connection points for better contact.

Hope this helped

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Well....I replaced both door switches on the Diablo and the window issue is persisting. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Frank

This might sound far-fetched but it did happen on a number of Diablo's that I have come across.

Have you checked the rubber guide rails for the glass? That piece is coated with felt but they wear off over time leaving bare rubber with direct contact on glass and thus gripping it. The permanent solution is to swap out the rubber piece but a veteran Lambo master tech said lithium grease applied sparingly will also work.

I also have this issue on my drivers side door. I will try the fixes you guys have described. I hope it works!

I checked my door contact and door light. They were all functioning properly. I ended up taking apart the door latch, I cleaned the inside of the latch as best I could and reassembled it. I noticed that the window would function properly as long as the bolts were not over tightened. My car is fixed (for now lol)

Did you have to remove the inner door panel to access the latch? Looks like I have a new Sunday project....

No I did not. I think I should clarify that it was the physical door latch/lock at the back of the door that I found the issue. I removed 4 bolts and 2 screws to clean the inside of the door lock. You also remove 2 rubber gaskets. One of the bolts was too tight and that was stopping the window from closing the last two inches when the door was closed.