Rear tires for Murci

Market Top

What are you guys using for replacement tires? It seems like there are not nearly as many options for the rears (I have the OEM 335/30/18) as I would have expected. They dont make the Rosso's in that size any more so I guess most are going with the Corsa but they are so soft (I dont track it) and pick up every stone on the road. The only other option I've found for the rears are Michelin PS2's and I have not heard great things about them. The Pilot Super Sports are not made in that size yet. So any suggestions or ideas?

I searched the forum but didnt find anything specific to the rear tire size (lots of G info though). Thanks.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you guys using for replacement tires? It seems like there are not nearly as many options for the rears (I have the OEM 335/30/18) as I would have expected. They dont make the Rosso's in that size any more so I guess most are going with the Corsa but they are so soft (I dont track it) and pick up every stone on the road. The only other option I've found for the rears are Michelin PS2's and I have not heard great things about them. The Pilot Super Sports are not made in that size yet. So any suggestions or ideas?

I searched the forum but didnt find anything specific to the rear tire size (lots of G info though). Thanks.

Yeah, buy my HRE wheels and get brand new tires for free with them! I'll even deliver them to Pittsburgh for free :)

Yeah, buy my HRE wheels and get brand new tires for free with them! I'll even deliver them to Pittsburgh for free :)

While unlikely...are they the same size other than the diameter?

While unlikely...are they the same size other than the diameter?

Yeah. 19x8.5F, 20x13R Won't mess with the TCS even though you should have it converted to RWD :icon_mrgreen:

Yeah. 19x8.5F, 20x13R Won't mess with the TCS even though you should have it converted to RWD :icon_mrgreen:

You guys and your RWD... :)

So if they are the same size I'll have the same problem in about 5k miles (so for me about three years) - from what I understand from the folks at tire rack is that 19s and 20s have the same problem - lack of options other than Corsa's.

So if they are the same size I'll have the same problem in about 5k miles (so for me about three years) - from what I understand from the folks at tire rack is that 19s and 20s have the same problem - lack of options other than Corsa's.

RWD is the best!!!

I've got P-Zeros on there. Brand new as in never even touched tarmac.

Search Tirerack, put in year, and Murcielago. Also can use the B.F. Goodrich, which is also a good tire. Plenty good enough for what you will be doing, and they will get much better mileage. Or you could go up in width slightly with another brand.

Search Tirerack, put in year, and Murcielago. Also can use the B.F. Goodrich, which is also a good tire. Plenty good enough for what you will be doing, and they will get much better mileage. Or you could go up in width slightly with another brand.

I have done that many times hoping for a different result. Funny, it brings up the same thing every time. The afore mentioned P-zero corsa, the BF Goodrich, and the Hoosier - which looks pretty much like a racing slick. A phone call to the fine folks at Tire Rack also confirmed a lack of options for the rears. Not sure increasing the tire width will give me more options but I will check it out - but it looks like the BFGs or Corsa's. Was just wondering if others have had the same dilemma but I guess most just go with the Corsa's.

What rears do you run on your Murci?

Thanks for the help.

I have done that many times hoping for a different result. Funny, it brings up the same thing every time. The afore mentioned P-zero corsa, the BF Goodrich, and the Hoosier - which looks pretty much like a racing slick. A phone call to the fine folks at Tire Rack also confirmed a lack of options for the rears. Not sure increasing the tire width will give me more options but I will check it out - but it looks like the BFGs or Corsa's. Was just wondering if others have had the same dilemma but I guess most just go with the Corsa's.

What rears do you run on your Murci?

Thanks for the help.

Will need new tires this year also and am getting a bit worried about what to use, don't really want to use corsa as they are soft so at twice the cost and half the milage they will soon get expensive for just road use.

Only other option other than RWD is change wheels to a size that is more available but do not want to mess up the front diff.

I have done that many times hoping for a different result. Funny, it brings up the same thing every time.

Try searching from the home page under "TIRES", then shop either by size or by brand. If it still references your Murci - close completely out of the browser and re-open (you may have to shut down and boot back up).

It's a more time consuming search method - but you'll get ALL brands and then you can see what is available one size up (or down).

If you are running stock Murcie wheels it is a NO BRAINER to go with PZero CORSA's!!! They are amazing tires!

I have a brand new set of corsas sitting in my garage that I just got that haven't even been mounted. In stock sizes.

Guest MOSS
I have a brand new set of corsas sitting in my garage that I just got that haven't even been mounted. In stock sizes.

That tire is also the same ones for the late model diablos I believe. Correct me if Im wrong.

That tire is also the same ones for the late model diablos I believe. Correct me if Im wrong.

I believe you are correct. I think that late diablos went to 18s.

Guest MOSS
I believe you are correct. I think that late diablos went to 18s.

Yes, my 99 SV has the 18inch. Are you selling a set?

Well, for better or worse I went with PS2. Just my luck the Super Sports will come out in my size in June. Oh well - I'll see how these go and if I dont like them just suck it up and change them to the Corsa's. Thanks for the responses.

Well, for better or worse I went with PS2. Just my luck the Super Sports will come out in my size in June. Oh well - I'll see how these go and if I dont like them just suck it up and change them to the Corsa's. Thanks for the responses.

These tires are MUCH better than the Pirelle's.

Nick

These tires are MUCH better than the Pirelle's.

Nick

Whiteout are you talking Michelin will have the stock 335/18 SS's in June or aftermarket?

• 2 weeks later...
Will need new tires this year also and am getting a bit worried about what to use, don't really want to use corsa as they are soft so at twice the cost and half the milage they will soon get expensive for just road use.

Only other option other than RWD is change wheels to a size that is more available but do not want to mess up the front diff.

What did you end up doing? I need to change my tires soon and I agree the Corsas seem to wear out pretty quickly for my use.

Discount tire has the Michelin Sport PS2 for $1700 otd anyone have first hand experience with this tire and is this the same as the Super Sport PS2?

if you buy michelin, look at the actual spec sheet of the tire and you will see that there is considerable difference in diameter vs. the pirellis (although they are both 335/30/18) which may affect the ratio between front and rear -unless you're RWD and don't care about it. i recall i had to consider this and the reason i didn't buy the PS2 when replacing my murcie tires -at that time it was still AWD.