mspy

murcivu

Just curious if anybody has ever use this. Thinking about using it for my son. He's at that age already. Even though we've talked ad nauseam about those issues that teenagers face, we feel that this would give us that extra security blanket. Teens are impressionable nowadays, I feel.

Never heard of it, but an impressive bit of software!

I don’t know your parenting style, nor your son, but has he given you reason to think this would be good to have?

On the flip side of the coin, as parents it’s almost too easy to be naïve about “our kid would never do that,” and don’t blame you one bit for looking into something like this. I’m booking-marking it for when i need it! :lol2:

When it comes to my kids I am only tracing their location for their own safety, I need to know where they are all times and trust me I do.

I wouldn't trace their communications, that's too intrusive IMO, I am confident in the parenting I am providing to them and give them the benefit of the doubt that they will do the right thing, if they won't that's on them, every single one of us have to learn from our own mistakes.

As a non-parent, I can only imagine how stressful this could be, but consider the point of view from a disinterested party.

What is your end game here? Suppose you hear/read some conversation on a topic you don't approve of, but it's nothing catastrophic (aka not shooting heroin, planning a school shooting, etc).

I don't know any way you address something you've become aware of, that doesn't spill the fact that you've been snooping, and literally crush the relationship with your son in the process. And you get one shot at that. From that day forward he will make a government spy look sloppy in tying up loose ends and hiding everything, no matter how insignificant from you.

You really have two options here:

1: You trust the judgment of the kid you raised, accept they will do some dumb shit along the way and just try to keep collateral damage to a minimum.

2: Option one won't work. You have more serious issues at hand and need to make some real changes to correct the path they are on. Private school away from home?

All you can do is educate him and somewhat minimize exposure, but ultimately you can't prevent someone from doing something they really want to do. At best it's a temporary stay, and then they will be running for the door as soon as they can.

Thanks for the feedback and wisdom guys. Really appreciate it. Somebody recommended that app to my wife and we were discussing the pros/cons. He is a good straight A's student. I guess being a parent, we get paranoid. Last thing we wanna hear is "oops...I got a girl pregnant." We do allow him quite a bit of freedom to explore. But you guys are right, the more I think about snooping on him, the more we'll lose his trust. We can only do our best and pray that he'll do the right thing when the time comes.

It’s an app not a contraceptive :icon_mrgreen:

I would talked to the kid about it, tell him that you were considering it by outlining the pros (to you guys as parents) and the cons to him as the child and decided to trust him and ask him to be opened to you about things.

Easiest way to gain their trust, let them know you have the power and know how to make their life hell if they don’t cooperate :lol2:

Location tracking I think is within reason. Reading every text, email or chat is a bit intrusive for a good kid...I agree that it would likely be detrimental for the relationship you have built thus far. It would probably make you miserable as well. Do you really want to know every little detail?

I might install the app and tell him about it. I would then make a deal that I do not use it unless given a reason. I would also let him know if/when I was planning to use it and why.

Instill just a little bit of fear to keep them on the straight and narrow. :)

Good luck. I am not looking forward to this stuff!

It’s an app not a contraceptive :icon_mrgreen:

I would talked to the kid about it, tell him that you were considering it by outlining the pros (to you guys as parents) and the cons to him as the child and decided to trust him and ask him to be opened to you about things.

Easiest way to gain their trust, let them know you have the power and know how to make their life hell if they don’t cooperate :lol2:

Holy smokes, that’s a great move!