Alfa 4C

islandguy

On the freeway in the SUV this afternoon, looked in the rear view and something was coming up on my tail. It looked sweet so I had to slow down. I immediately recognized the Alfa badge from about 200 feet away but this car just looked different: low, wide, almost F1’ish with a nice nose. It turned out to be a 4C. Now I’ve seen these a few times in person, most recently last weekend at Concorso, an although I like 'em up close they're a little small for me. On the road however they look GREAT. I'll go farther and say they look better on the road than in person. Wish they had a 2+2.

Saw a spider in yellow at PB last week. It looks sweet and sounds exotic. I think the color made the car look great as a red one I saw last year didn't make a good impression.

At 60-70k range, it's a good option to a cayman, Boxster that is pedestrian.

• 1 month later...

Whoah, those are cheap! They sound great but I think they look just a little small. Mind you, my dd is an I3 so I can't talk

Whoah, those are cheap! They sound great but I think they look just a little small. Mind you, my dd is an I3 so I can't talk

Same here. Base car is almost the same as my I3.

Fo a car with a Carbon Fiber Chassis, you can't argue with the price! Although they're fast, I was reading on the Alpha Forums that the transmissions can't handle over 325 HP if you tune the engine.

I'm kneeling in front of it and still I'm as tall as the roof. If you are a fat guy like me, then this car is a no go!

The carbon tub is beautiful though!

post-10027-1445283399_thumb.jpg

It's great concept. But I dont get interior at all. 4C is here over 100 000€ and interior looks worse than in Mito.

I personally love it but as a DD it might get a little old, there is literally no trunk (front and back hoods are bolted down). They are incredibly fun to drive but i would be worried about people in SUV's not seeing me in normal everyday drivng.

They are an absolute hoot to drive but I dont know that i could live with it day to day, but i know i would have fun trying.

Haven't seen one in the flesh yet, looks great in pictures. Though all the reviews bash the interiors. I like small cars as dds, however I am counting down the months to the end of my i3 lease, considering commuting to LA in my 72 Bronco now it has bluetooth and sat radio, though it would require a fill up before the returning home.

Haven't seen one in the flesh yet, looks great in pictures. Though all the reviews bash the interiors. I like small cars as dds, however I am counting down the months to the end of my i3 lease, considering commuting to LA in my 72 Bronco now it has bluetooth and sat radio, though it would require a fill up before the returning home.

You too in an i3? Wtf? I keep getting emails from BMW to bring back my '14 and swap even for a '15, not sure why. I was gonna wait a few months and get an i8, I think I like the Alfa better though.

You now over the i3? You could tow the i3 behind the bronc so when it breaks down you don't get stranded. 😂

One of my work partners has one. She is just finishing the break in period so hasn't flogged it yet. She is planning on using it as a DD even in the winter weather. It's a nice looking car and sounds very exotic. The carbon fiber is cool especially at this price point. There is no way I would give up my Exige for one even if the build quality and interior are better. I guess is just a subjective styling thing.

You now over the i3? You could tow the i3 behind the bronc so when it breaks down you don't get stranded.

lol...yes.

I think I have the Bronco fixed now. Rewire, larger accessory pulley, a different distributor and plug wires. Sorgted out a lot of other stuff since I bought it to make it less MAX MAD and more streetable. So far so good, almost got 100 miles on it since the last break down.

The 4C is a solid car, but I openly admit it's like the Ferrari FF or the Porsche Panamera... I can't get past how it looks. It's too insect-like, not in a good way. Reminds me a bit of TVR's...

Have you driven one before?

Getting in and out of the drivers seat would get pretty old quick if that was my DD.

We have on one for sale local, it's white, it's good looking, it's relatively cheap and rare, but I couldn't imagine DDing it.

You too in an i3? Wtf? I keep getting emails from BMW to bring back my '14 and swap even for a '15, not sure why. I was gonna wait a few months and get an i8, I think I like the Alfa better though.

I LOVE the 4C but ibwould take the i8 as a DD evry day over the 4C. If you haven't driven an i8 yet you owe it to yourself.

One of my work partners has one. She is just finishing the break in period so hasn't flogged it yet. She is planning on using it as a DD even in the winter weather. It's a nice looking car and sounds very exotic. The carbon fiber is cool especially at this price point. There is no way I would give up my Exige for one even if the build quality and interior are better. I guess is just a subjective styling thing.

Agreed, I'm a Lotus guy at heart, been through many (Elise, Exige, 211). To this day, there is no better driver's car IMO. I should never have sold my S260.

I tried hard to like the 4C, especially with the CF tub. But it's no Lotus.