Underground Racing's TX2K17 event VIDEO

Here is the video covering the highlights of Underground Racing at TX2K17 held in Houston, Texas at the Royal Purple Raceway. Competing in the TX2K17 Roll Race Nationals Unlimited Class was Drag965’s Underground Racing X Version TT Lamborghini Huracan piloted by @KCHoweth, Sebastian Robles’ Underground Racing X Version TT Audi R8 V10 piloted by Kevin Howeth and Richard Fowler in his Underground Racing X Version TT Lamborghini Gallardo SL. KC set a new Roll Race Nationals Trap Speed Record at 217.11 mph in Drag965's UR TT Huracan in the first round of eliminations. KC Howeth took home the Unlimited Class win and all other Underground Racing cars moved threw eliminations placing in the Top 4 of the event. What a great event as all the top tuners came to race.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man....even if that black DP Lambo would have stayed on the gas in the finals it still would have been left in the dust by a mile LOL

Complete domination!

Now lets see which 2500WHP+ GTR´s show up at TI to even have a chance at competing with the X versions

Man....even if that black DP Lambo would have stayed on the gas in the finals it still would have been left in the dust by a mile LOL

Complete domination!

Now lets see which 2500WHP+ GTR´s show up at TI to even have a chance at competing with the X versions

I'm sure that's why DP left off (unless it broke). I was told they were complaining about the start but it doesn't get ANY better than that. Their story changed after a few videos made it out showing a perfect start. Plenty of camera angles on that race.;)

Heffner, DP and some GTR's were in the 200's, Definitely all very fast. The Yellow UR DRAG965 Huracan was just in a different zip code. Cant wait to see what that one does in the 1/2 mile.

Tony is the only GTR that has had 2500whp to run at TI. It fastest was a 210 on a legal start. Other 2500whp+ GTR's have been invited to come race at the King Of the Streets event, even though they are all totally gutted out. Anything for some good competition is the way I see it. ;)

Epic video as always guys! Your video team kills it every time!

That H and the rest of the ugr camp were in another league!!

quick questions though, hopefully you guys can answer if it doesn't give away any trade secrets hehe

- i noticed the X cars use the clutch to do the 1st to 2nd shift, but on that last run it looked like Kc just shifted while his foot was flat, is the "clutch in" shifting to increase the longevity of the trans?

- Richards & Bobs X's seem a heck of alot louder on the gearshifts than the Huracans and R8, any reason for that?

Really looking forward to seeing what you guys will bring to T.I. Congrats again guys!

GREAT video....congrats to UGR for winning the event and congrats to all competitors that raced. One itty bitty correction, at 2:34 in the video, here was no malfunction of the equipment, just took a while for the speed to come up on the board. If you look at the official results you'll see Kevin in the R8 ran 211.16 MPH :o

All event results here:

http://tx2k.com/tx2k17/

Peter

I'm sure that's why DP left off (unless it broke). I was told they were complaining about the start but it doesn't get ANY better than that. Their story changed after a few videos made it out showing a perfect start. Plenty of camera angles on that race.;)

When I watched it live on youtube I thought for sure it was a red light. Didn't know of any other reason that one would just stab the brakes after the start.... But looking at that video, the DP car almost looks like it has a slight jump on KC. But once the Huracan came off anti-lag you can tell it was going to be a slaughter fest...

Congrats to UGR on another TI. You guys are going to have to get a bigger display case!

Mike

Time out..... did KC shift the dogbox manually without using the clutch?¿

Just gonna answer this question so everyone stops asking. The car auto shifted into 2nd because he was at redline already ... he just happened to pull the right paddle at the same time which does nothing in the Huracan X2. Only KC knows why he pulled the paddle but no the car doesn't shift like that without the clutch unless at redline.

I don't think you showed the race with DP from enough angles. :eusa_clap:

When you make up every story in the book about why you lost (uneven start, didn't go, etc, etc..) better make sure the car you're racing isn't loaded down with cameras to kill the BS story.:)

#sorelosers

Here is the video covering the highlights of Underground Racing at TX2K17 held in Houston, Texas at the Royal Purple Raceway. Competing in the TX2K17 Roll Race Nationals Unlimited Class was Drag965’s Underground Racing X Version TT Lamborghini Huracan piloted by @KCHoweth, Sebastian Robles’ Underground Racing X Version TT Audi R8 V10 piloted by Kevin Howeth and Richard Fowler in his Underground Racing X Version TT Lamborghini Gallardo SL. KC set a new Roll Race Nationals Trap Speed Record at 217.11 mph in Drag965's UR TT Huracan in the first round of eliminations. KC Howeth took home the Unlimited Class win and all other Underground Racing cars moved threw eliminations placing in the Top 4 of the event. What a great event as all the top tuners came to race.

Not to be picky or sound like a dick, but just to correct a fact, my brothers T1 GTR was the one racing Richard F. and it says he has 2000+hp. The car makes 1680-1700.

Badass event and race either way!

Not to be picky or sound like a dick, but just to correct a fact, my brothers T1 GTR was the one racing Richard F. and it says he has 2000+hp. The car makes 1680-1700.

Badass event and race either way!

Bens car only makes 1700whp and ran over 200 mph in aprox 1500 feet from 65mph and stayed close to a car making 2200+Whp that is much lighter and shifts just about as fast? Hmm

I promise you, on a dynojet, Bens car is making much more than 1700whp.:)

Can't be that much more, 1750 at the most because the turbos he's using can only make so much, and also the green gtr wasn't making 2000whp either, more like 1500whp

Can't be that much more, 1750 at the most because the turbos he's using can only make so much, and also the green gtr wasn't making 2000whp either, more like 1500whp

Both cars qualified 202 mph ... doesn't matter what the hp is both are damn close in power.

Just gonna answer this question so everyone stops asking. The car auto shifted into 2nd because he was at redline already ... he just happened to pull the right paddle at the same time which does nothing in the Huracan X2. Only KC knows why he pulled the paddle but no the car doesn't shift like that without the clutch unless at redline.

Ahhh thanks for the clarfication mate. Well done again ugr!

And the Yellow Huracan was only making 1800 whp to run 217, has to be because it only uses 71mm turbos I heard. I believe everything I hear or read also :icon_pidu: ;)

And the Yellow Huracan was only making 1800 whp to run 217, has to be because it only uses 71mm turbos I heard. I believe everything I hear or read also :icon_pidu: ;)

That's one fast 1800whp car