Deal or dud!?

Mblasr

Hey guys,

I could use your input. Recently a 2007 G with 20k miles came up on an internet auction site. The pics and vids all look great. The biggest problem is the passenger seat is missing. Kinda crazy not having a seat. Any ideas/guesses why? Can I get another oem seat. Would this be a deal breaker? Any help would be appreciated!

Accident history? Was it tracked? Is it rebuilt?

Don't know yet,just found it. Would imagine carfax, DMV would be a good start. Other than a visual inspection that about all a guy can do. Won't even be able to rack the car. It would have to sell cheap. What's your thoughts on the missing seat

Stear clear of this car if you have even the slightest reason to be concerned. Do one search of Dr. Murcielago on the boards here and you'll find pages upon pages of fuckery. I have no doubt in my mind that there's others in the U.S. that do what he did. What may look okay may end up costing you loads of money down the road. Do your research and have peace of mind at the end of the day, and remember, it's a Gallardo, the values are only going to go down from here. So take your time and wait for the right one. :icon_thumleft:

No reasonably good condition would be missing a seat, especially on an auction. When it comes to exotics, don't buy a salvaged one. Everything will cost a crazy amount of money and you will have to dig your way out with lots of 100 dollar bills

No reasonably good condition would be missing a seat, especially on an auction. When it comes to exotics, don't buy a salvaged one. Everything will cost a crazy amount of money and you will have to dig your way out with lots of 100 dollar bills

Tks guys all good advise. Will keep an eye on this car. Would only buy if it was super deal.

there has got to be a reason for the missing seat, maybe the previous owner had a racing seat installed, maybe the previous owner had some sort of special need and needed a custom seat (to tall, to fat).

there has got to be a reason for the missing seat, maybe the previous owner had a racing seat installed, maybe the previous owner had some sort of special need and needed a custom seat (to tall, to fat).

Yeah but on the passenger side. The only thing that comes to mind ,maybe to save weight at the track. But why not put it back?? Mystery for sure. Are there car pros that can do an intense back ground check on a car.? Or just trust a thorough ppi and forget the history. Thanks again

Unless you absolutely love the car's colour combo (exterior paint + interior trim) and/or it's a 6-speed manual, I would walk and look elsewhere. It's not like there's s shortage of Gallardo's in supply. Even if it's a steal, there must a story behind it to explain the low price. It's too obvious of a shortcoming and for that, I would pass and look somewhere else.