Garage ceiling color and lighting!!! HELP

alpha6164

Hey guys,

I am doing the entire garage because it is damn pitiful with all the nice cars in there lol. I have already decided on the floor, walls, and garage organizers. Only thing is left is the ceiling and lighting.

The side walls will be a dark dark grey, and the back walls facing the garage doors will be red. Floor will be a gunmetal/titanium epoxy floor so essentially almost black with some accents. My question is what color would you paint the ceiling because it is the standard white color. And more important, does anyone have any recommendations or pointers to recessed LED lighting or kits they have used? Of all the garage pix i have seen online, the ones that look the cleanest to me are the ones that have round recessed lighting every 4-6' apart in s square/rectangular pattern etc. All inputs appreciated.

Ceiling should be a flat white (or some very light color variation).

What is your goal with the lighting? Do you want a crap load of light to make it a useful work space, or enough to walk around and show off the cars?

What is existing? (wiring, lighting, etc)

Yeah, I would just stick with a flat white ceiling. You could look at a suspended fixture system commonly used in offices. LED fixtures with great light output and longevity. See www.fluxwerxs.com for some ideas. These are very compact fixtures (5"-6" tall). There are many companies producing fixtures like these.