Arnage T

azmurciev12

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always loved the Arnage T. The one you posted is near perfect,they added a lot of options except the Mulliner aluminum veneered instrument console on the dash which for me is a must on these cars. Makes it look more sporty. If you consider getting one they had the facelift in 05' but I think the most significant jump was in 07' when they went to the Garrett turbochargers and bumped the output to 500HP and they added a 6-speed ZF transmission. Definitely a lot of car for the money.

Awesome cars!

hey allan, you've had an arnage and now a flying spur. so which one is better? my family has an fspur now but still dreaming of an arnage. is that a crazy feeling?

How do you define a lot of car? As cool as I think they are, they are arguably pieces of shit compared to modern, $100K luxury car.

i don't know about that. the leather, the wood, the craftsmanship in the Arnages cannot be matched by a new $100K luxury car. granted the newer cars are more technologically advanced with onboard computers, stronger engines, etc. but i'm talking about materials used and this arnage is truly a lot of car for $100K

It was a 300k+ car just a few years ago, and now 05's can be had for low 100s? That's a LOT of car for the money. The materials and craftsmanship alone make it completely different than say a CLS Benz. Or even the new 7.

Eh, at $100K I see little value in it. The underlying car is worth hardly anything, thus you're paying entirely for the interior and build quality (though mainly badge.) Regardless of how many man hours were invested, I highly doubt the Arnage is better built than a modern high-end, luxury car. Maybe it has a few less squeaks and rattles (or maybe it doesn't,) but technology moves very fast, even with respect to cosmetic things.

We agree that the underlying car is shit, so then the question is whether 5 year old leather in an Arnage is better than brand new leather in an XJL? Is the wood veneer really any different other than the shape of the piece? Is the paint on a 5 year old Arnage better than the new paint on the XJL? Is the wear and tear of the Arnage better than the untouched, new off the lot XJL?

Yeah, I know how high quality the leather and wood is (I've seen the factory videos,) but I looked at an XJL the other day and I can't see anything about the Bentley that looks superior. Wood veneer looked like wood veneer in the XJL -- no seams or anything I noticed in the patterns. The leather in the XJL looked just as good as any other leather. I didn't notice anything inferior about it. Yeah, maybe Bentley uses a SEM to look for imperfections in the leather, but I question whether or not the end user would ever notice something like that. After all, I'm not sitting bare ass on my seats, so I question the returns of such high quality product. The only leather I really touch in my car is the steering wheel. Yeah, I guess the Arnage has better stitching and designs, but they sure don't have air condition seats for my sweaty back in the Summer! Both use their fair share of plastic, though probably more in the XJL.

Unless you merely lust after the looks of an Arnage (which many do because they are cool cars,) you'd be a retarded to buy one if you actually wanted a luxury car to use. When you realize your $100K Arnage has nice seats, but no parking sensors or cameras, archaic navigation and entertainment system, no smartphone hook up, terrible overall performance and fuel efficiency, and no warranty to name a few; you'll realize just how little car it is for the money.

Regardless if it sold for $300K new, the original price has no bearing on modern day value. Would a Reventon be good value at $500K since it was originally $1M? A lot of time and craftsmanship goes into building a Reventon too, but that doesn't make it a good value.

Wilson, the Arnage is a more luxurious, prestigious machine than a new car in the price range....period, end of story.

If we're gonna go down that road, we might as well undermine all the $500k cars that can be outperformed by cars costing a quarter of the price, and so on.

I remember the one time I drove a Continental GT and remarking how great it felt to be inside of it. I could only imagine how much nicer the Arnage and Mulsanne cars would be...huge.

DS/BW: i don't know about your theory. i have an '06 flying spur and when i get inside that car and drive it, i for sure will choose it over a brand new XJL granted at the moment they cost the same nowadays. the materials, character and feeling you get isn't just the same as you will get from a brand new $100K luxury car. that's my opinion. the bentley has crappy navigation system but i rarely need it, i know where i'm going most of the time; no rear camera but has sensors; and it does have cooling and heat on the seats.

now, going to jaguars, i've been impressed with their new line up, i must say. to me, the XJ is the best driver's big sedan of the current manufacturers, it's very agile and feels like a smaller car than what it is. i drove the XF-r as well and was very impressed. i think the brand is going in the correct direction but a lot of people don't give them consideration because the brand jaguar feels like it's for old people only.

Wilson, the Arnage is a more luxurious, prestigious machine than a new car in the price range....period, end of story.

If we're gonna go down that road, we might as well undermine all the $500k cars that can be outperformed by cars costing a quarter of the price, and so on.

I remember the one time I drove a Continental GT and remarking how great it felt to be inside of it. I could only imagine how much nicer the Arnage and Mulsanne cars would be...huge.

So why not just buy a $30K Brooklands?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this thread is a year old, but I've been drawn to these Arnage T's as of late and can't shake it. I'm looking for a new everyday car that is still somewhat interesting/unique, and these keep popping top of mind. Jaguar is probably a more logical choice if going British. But, "in a bentley...no one can hear you scream" :-)

The Arnages in general are all over ebay, dupont etc., a lot more on the market than I expected actually, ~40-60k, mostly 00-01 red labels with occasional T's of various vintages. Is the 02+ Arnage T a car that will generally start in the morning/when you want it to, and work, or will it drive you crazy with little things breaking / electronics, randomly decide not to start, etc.?

I see CGT's etc. all the time, but very rarely see these around, maybe once a year I'll see one, kinda surprises me but also attracts me to it.

I'm probably going to wind up with a G55 AMG, which is a completely different kind of vehicle, but I keep coming back to the Arnage T. I think they are great looking cars and something in me wants one, but I gotta be able to live with it year round and I'm not looking for a shop queen. Is this a car that will sit in the shop and eat money?

I've been a big fan of the arnage T for a while and I'd suggest spending the $15-20 more and getting an 05" with the newer facia and headlights. In 07' they also switched from the 4 speed gear box to a 6 speed and upgraded the turbos to a Mitsubishi unit that raised the horsepower from 450 to 500.

You can find a nice 05' in the 60' range and an 07 in the $75-80

I did drive an 02 T and loved it. The only time a dealer has ever handed my the keys to a car and let me take it out alone. Of course I did show up in the Diablo. Prices just seem all over the place.

Anyone driven an R? I'm a bit confuzzeled on the differences between the T and the R. And anyone ever driven an Azure?

The T is geared towards being the sport version where the R is the old fogie version.

The T has mulliner cross stitched seats, brushed aluminum veneers on the dash and doors, upped horsepower, and options like the mulliner stage 1 & 2 sport packages which improve handling and suspension and give different wheel options

Here's a standard T interior compared to the R

EXrIeNd.jpg

QCX4K13.jpg