Brakes

rhyno

I have 26,500km on my 2017 ASV and the worm brake pad light just came on. I asked the dealer for a quote and they included rotors and pads. Has anyone changed their pads or rotors? I did a search and nothing came up. I wouldn’t think that the car would need new rotors already. I have tracked the car maybe 4 times. Let me know your thoughts?

The way to tell if the ceramic rotors need replacement is by verifying physical condition, verifying proper weight, or by using the tool below

https://www.proceq.com/product/carboteq-wea...ic-brake-discs/

I'd imagine they are looking for an upsell. What was the quote out of curiosity?

My car is 4 hour drive away from the nearest dealership and I don’t have time to drop it off for them to weight the rotors. I need to have it ready for a rally soon.

16k miles. No way in hell your rotors should need replacing unless you have 16k of track miles or damaged them somehow.

That even seems early for pads. I'd make sure it is not a bad sensor giving a false positive.

My car is 4 hour drive away from the nearest dealership and I don’t have time to drop it off for them to weight the rotors. I need to have it ready for a rally soon.

The tool I posted takes about 1 minute to check each rotor once the wheels are removed. I'd imagine its likely around $10k for both rotors. I'd have them get the rotors in stock but only install if necessary, not just because...

New front pads and rotors are $30,000+ Canadian

When my car was in Arizona the dealer did say that I need new front pads. That was 5000km ago

I do have the pad sets, would need to order the rotors though. Those would be a week to get if you even need them. Chances are you would just need pads