Next generation of Ford GT is coming!

Nath4N

http://www.roadandtrack.com/racing/racing-...ford-gt-revival

cliff notes:

multiple sources have reported Ford’s factory GT program for Le Mans is indeed accelerating towards a debut in 2016

a launch of the Ford GT 24 Hours of Le Mans project would coincide with the introduction of the successor to the Ford GT

a likely time and place for the announcement of the grand plan would be the 2015 Detroit Auto Show

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hearing a 5.0, or flat plane 5.2, ecoboost. Whatever they run in this will be related to the next gen Shelby and Raptor, sooooo... :eusa_dance:

Someone on FGT forums suggested pricing above 458s. I would imagine this car needs to be close to the 150 Mark or else who would buy one over a McLaren or 458 o or Huracan. I know the existing GTs get a plot of money but I always thought that was because it was a 2 year run with no future production and people also buy them because they are ever increasing in value. Will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

I don't think it will affect prices. I think it would be comparable to the Carrera GT and the 918. Far enough apart.

I agree. The gt is an icon. This car will probably start overpriced, drop precipitously then take a decade to find its legs.

I don't think it will affect prices. I think it would be comparable to the Carrera GT and the 918. Far enough apart.

:iamwithstupid:

There are no reason why prices on the FGT will drop because of this new model.

We are talking a 10 year gap

• 1 month later...

Hope'n, wish'n, and pray'n. I can't imagine, wait, I have a great imagination.... I don't believe Ford wishes to compete in the Lambo/F-car stratosphere $ wise. I do believe they want to see if Enzo will make a guest appearance on the "walking dead" after showing up to Le Mans for some sweet GT40 commemorative shenanigans.

150K would be legit. But it will probably have turbos. More powerful Mustang, the new Raptor :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: and the GT will be here soon. :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:

• 2 weeks later...
Can I add that I am excited about the Focus RS as well? A Focus ST with more power and AWD? YES PLEASE!

AWWWW YEAH!

Ford will launch a new high-performance Focus RS around the world, including the United States, company CEO Mark Fields confirmed at a press conference Thursday morning. It is expected to debut in January at the Detroit Auto Show, though launch timing is unclear.

And continued hope for a new GT!!!!

Meanwhile, Ford announced it is putting all of its sporty units under the umbrella name of "Ford Performance," which will be led by Mustang chief engineer Dave Pericak. Ford Performance will include Ford Racing, SVT (which is responsible for the Raptor and Shelby GT350) and RS.

"We're changing Ford's performance business," Nair said.

Ford is placing a renewed emphasis on performance, as the customers tend to be younger, wealthier and better educated, Nair said.

http://www.autoblog.com/

"Ford is placing a renewed emphasis on performance, as the customers tend to be younger, wealthier and better educated, Nair said."

That's such a weird thing to say, what were the previous customers like, old, dumb and poor?

"Ford is placing a renewed emphasis on performance, as the customers tend to be younger, wealthier and better educated, Nair said."

That's such a weird thing to say, what were the previous customers like, old, dumb and poor?

Perhaps they had a hard time explaining they're going international. :icon_mrgreen:

it would be cool if they made an NA simple gutted track version with a manual, and a supercharged version they can do whatever the fcuk they want with because I hate forced induction and could give a shit less. :)

They were probably meaning the original GT was aimed at people who loved the car growing up and finally had a couple bucks to buy one. This will be more of an exotic for the younger crowd. I'm assuming by better educated they mean about cars and that sort of technology, not a, you went to Stanford kind of educated.

I'm trying to give them a little credit and take the shoe out of their mouth here. :eusa_think: