Corsa mode - bad for the car?

Machine Head

Hey guys, I love my new Aventador and especially in corsa mode. It is absolutely insane and I can't get enough. I'll drive the car in sports mode while it's warming up and then switch to corsa. It feels like the car is shifting so violently I can't help but think it's gonna take a toll on the gearbox and everything else that connects to it. Have you guys had the same feeling? Any expensive repairs as the whole thing disintegrated in a burst of corsa-bliss? I'm hoping it'll hold together. My mechanic told me these things are BEEFY and that if anything they've been over engineered to stay on the safe side. Still I can't help but worry about it a little bit. What are you guys' thoughts and experiences?

All I drive is in my CORSA mode AND shift into N at stop signs and red lights. It's actually better for the car and clutch. Drive in automatic mode is what will ruin the clutch.

All I drive is in my CORSA mode AND shift into N at stop signs and red lights. It's actually better for the car and clutch. Drive in automatic mode is what will ruin the clutch.

Been told by the Lambo mechanic (the one sent by the dealer to Italy to learn the car) that you should stay in gear at the lights as that is when the computer learns the way you just drove the car since the last time you stopped. The computer learns nothing in neutral.

I never drive mine in automatic unless I'm holding on to a cup or something. Back in the days when I had a gallardo I was told to not take my foot off the pedal when shifting as it would engage the new gear quicker and safe clutch life. I was also told to keep it in gear at stop lights but sometimes when I would linger in 1st gear it'd flip to neutral after a while. Don't think the Aventador has done that yet.

Been told by the Lambo mechanic (the one sent by the dealer to Italy to learn the car) that you should stay in gear at the lights as that is when the computer learns the way you just drove the car since the last time you stopped. The computer learns nothing in neutral.

My car while stopped at the lights shifts into neutral by itself most of the time, must be one of the dumb ones who doesn't want to learn anything :icon_mrgreen:

My car while stopped at the lights shifts into neutral by itself most of the time, must be one of the dumb ones who doesn't want to learn anything :icon_mrgreen:

Is your foot hard enough on the brake pedal? I have noticed there needs to be a pretty decent amount of force on the pedal, otherwise it thinks your took your foot off.

Anybody know of an aftermarket tune that can bring the aggressive SPORT downshifts, into Corsa mode? That would be the perfect mix!

Is your foot hard enough on the brake pedal? I have noticed there needs to be a pretty decent amount of force on the pedal, otherwise it thinks your took your foot off.

Anybody know of an aftermarket tune that can bring the aggressive SPORT downshifts, into Corsa mode? That would be the perfect mix!

Do you think it jumps into neutral when there isn't enough pressure applied to the brake or the other way around?

I will test that next time I drive, it tends to go into neutral after spirited drives, I thought there is something to do with the temps but you might be right about the pressure. Interesting point.

Do you think it jumps into neutral when there isn't enough pressure applied to the brake or the other way around?

I will test that next time I drive, it tends to go into neutral after spirited drives, I thought there is something to do with the temps but you might be right about the pressure. Interesting point.

It jumps into neutral if it doesnt think your foot is on the brake.

Im not in love with the brakes on the Aventador. The LP640 ceramics are incredibly sensitive, and I feel like they can overwhelm the tires if you put your foot down hard enough. The Aventador brakes just are not confidence inspiring. Lots of pressure required and it doesnt seem to translate into stopping power.

It puts itself into neutral after a set time of foot on brake, if you let pressure off it stays In gear

The learning mode is neutral with foot on brake, you can normally see the revs counter flicker as it re learns the engage position.

It puts itself into neutral after a set time of foot on brake, if you let pressure off it stays In gear

The learning mode is neutral with foot on brake, you can normally see the revs counter flicker as it re learns the engage position.

I will pay attention to this.

It jumps into neutral if it doesnt think your foot is on the brake.

Im not in love with the brakes on the Aventador. The LP640 ceramics are incredibly sensitive, and I feel like they can overwhelm the tires if you put your foot down hard enough. The Aventador brakes just are not confidence inspiring. Lots of pressure required and it doesnt seem to translate into stopping power.

You may want to get them checked. The brakes on my '12 Aventador grab really hard here.

I don't think it'll do any harm to drive exclusively in Corsa mode. Just make sure the car is warmed up before driving aggressively.

Most of the time I'm driving in Sport Manual mode. I like the crisper down-shifts.

When coming to a stop, leave your foot firmly on the brake pedal and the car will stay in first gear. Don't change to neutral. If it senses that you've decreased brake pressure it'll change to neutral on it's own. I hate when that happens without realizing it and then I try to accelerate and just get a lot of noise...

You may want to get them checked. The brakes on my '12 Aventador grab really hard here.

No issues with the brakes here either but they don't shave speed off as fast as they do on the Huracan, the Aventador is a much heavier car.

Also don't have concerns about driving in Corsa, I only drive in Corsa but like empunker I sometimes use Sport because of the crisp downshift sound, I wish they didn't delete it from the Corsa mode :(

No issues with the brakes here either but they don't shave speed off as fast as they do on the Huracan, the Aventador is a much heavier car.

Also don't have concerns about driving in Corsa, I only drive in Corsa but like empunker I sometimes use Sport because of the crisp downshift sound, I wish they didn't delete it from the Corsa mode :(

Supposedly the aventador has a shorter stopping distance from 100 than Huracan, doesn't feel like it to me either though 30 vs 31.9m according to Lambos website.

Supposedly the aventador has a shorter stopping distance from 100 than Huracan, doesn't feel like it to me either though 30 vs 31.9m according to Lambos website.

That's interesting, it certainly doesn't feel like it.

Cool, I'll keep abusing her then. I believe the reason why they deleted the rev blips in corsa mode during downshift is because they wanted faster shifts and obviously the rev blip will add to the time it takes to settle into the new gear, but I'm definitely with you. I love downshifts in sport, which is why I'll do sport when I'm cruising around town, and corsa when I'm on longer stretches of road. Sounds like the Ego mode in the S will take care of our wishes :)

I drive in corsa all the time. I hate the fact that we have an auto mode. If your going to whack it than just make sure it's warmed up.

It's definitely annoying that the car defaults to "auto". I don't understand why. The automatic mode is completely useless. My 458 defaulted to auto mode as well. I don't get it.

Sadly I guess its just the way it is.

Sadly I guess its just the way it is.

I don't get that. I drive mine in Only in Corsa even going to grocery store. It never goes to Auto I don't know what Auto is. And on my last 2 Avys I put lots of miles on. Never an issue. HAMMER TIME! It loves it. Plus I turn everything off like traction control ESC. My clutch wear was non noticanle after 11,000 miles too. I pop it in neutral every time too. I like revving it and playing with it. :icon_mrgreen:

I don't get that. I drive mine in Only in Corsa even going to grocery store. It never goes to Auto I don't know what Auto is. And on my last 2 Avys I put lots of miles on. Never an issue. HAMMER TIME! It loves it. Plus I turn everything off like traction control ESC. My clutch wear was non noticanle after 11,000 miles too. I pop it in neutral every time too. I like revving it and playing with it. :icon_mrgreen:

By default when starting up it will start in auto mode