Sacrifice ... Monterrey Blue LP640 Roadster for a Hurican Performante?

JonV8944s

Ugh... so the struggle of a Car nut.

Vechicles I currently own:

2009 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Roadster (Monterrey Blue)

2016 Dodge Ram truck (Blue)

2017 Nissan GTR (Blaze Orange)

2017 Dodge Viper ACR-E (Blue)

ON ORDER:

2018 Dodge Demon (Plum Crazy)

So my struggle.... I have an opportunity to get an orange Performante Hurican at MSRP (320k sticker) but honestly budget and rationality says 6 cars for a single guy (so I cant pawn one off to a wife), is excessive.

So I am thinking I'd have to sell the Murcielago LP640 and one other car to make sure the Performante purchase was 'rational' in my mind.

Am I crazy? I really love the Viper ACRE, its a monster on track. The truck is cheap, and easily sold for an american car depreciation price, but not really solving anything by getting rid of it, other then a parking space. The 2017 GTR is worlds more loveable/enjoyable then all prior years R35. The demon is going to be a monster at the drag strip. So what do I give up along with the Murcielago to make it make sense? Ugh, the lp640 has been loved, but the performante sounds like an incredible car.

Also I love roadster/convertible, am I jumping the gun on getting the coupe performante before the convertible comes out?

Seriously, this isnt a jerkfest, I really am struggling with this. I have to go tonight to the unvailing of the Performante and write a deposit check or avoid the thing all together.

Please help!

Thanks,

Jon

DSC09943.jpg

Cool color on the viper. I'm sure the Huracan SL is nice but viper has got to be pretty damn close for most any driver. I would not do the switch. If anything, wait a year or two and then consider a used one.

Cool color on the viper. I'm sure the Huracan SL is nice but viper has got to be pretty damn close for most any driver. I would not do the switch. If anything, wait a year or two and then consider a used one.

ugggggh I am in the perfect place financially to own all 5 of my cars, but this whole performante thing is throwing a wrench in that.

Here is more of my viper since you like the color.

DSC09881.jpg

DSC09886.jpg

DSC09892.jpg

DSC09895.jpg

DSC09897.jpg

The fact that your are single validates getting a 6th car already as no way would you pull that off after marriage. :icon_mrgreen:

Seriously though... I would keep things as they are.

1) The number of LP640 roadster is finite; they have seized production. This is especially true for a Monterey Blue one. In case you regret it, you probably won't get it back; at least not without quite a premium.

2) Not really a fan of the GTR personally but as you said MY2017 is likely the best of the series so far. It's likely the best bang for the buck. A brand new one should be around the corner soon. (Look for hints in a month or so from the Tokyo Motor Show.)

3) ACR-E. I don't think any elaboration is needed. (Very nice looking car btw.)

The Performante is a totally different beast than the LP640 and to each its own. The P would likely drive circles around the LP640 but nothing beats a V12 scissor-door flagship Lamborghini; and, again, especially one in M. Blue. There is plenty of life left in the Huracan series so there is a high probability that a better, faster and more capable model than the current Performante will surface in 20 months time.

The switch for me would be the Viper. I don't know if it is necessary to have two cars made for the track. Can you drive the HP to see if it is worth making the switch? Im not a fan of the GTR either but seems you are. If the switch is to be made it would be Viper for HP. Best of luck, nice problem to have ;)

I have a soft spot for Vipers, but I find them easier to get myself to sell than other cars. So I would sell the GTR and Viper.

If you are willing to be patient, then I would keep the stable as is. You have a cool variety of cars. Wait till the Perf takes a dive and then if you still have the itch, pick up a used one. Meantime, continue to enjoy the LP640 while it keeps on appreciating.

Since you asked I’d drop the Murci and the GTR.

Also separate question, how do you find the time to drive all these cars? Envious here :(

Also separate question, how do you find the time to drive all these cars? Envious here :(

He answered your Q on his original post: he's single. :icon_mrgreen:

My wife never stops me but I still don’t have the time or opportunity, I am completely free today with nowhere to go LOL.

Going to test drive the Performante, that will give me a reason to take the SV out.

I would keep the Murcie. Incredibly rare spec, appreciating, roadster, and the v12. Perfs will start to depreciate and will be much easier to get compared to that spec Murcie.

I would keep what you have. The depreciation hit on the Performante is going to be strong in the first 12-18 months. Wait and save yourself the 50-80k ass whooping, and then pick one up without having to dump any cars.

The cars you have don't have that much of a depreciation problem. The fact that you can pick up a Perf today at MSRP tells you everything you need to know. An amazing car by any measure, but it will be just as amazing a year from now.

I can tell you one I can't go without is my 17 RAM 2500 Limited-- love that thing over all for everything :icon_mrgreen:

All the others get little attention so they come and go, the GTR is like a maxima and viper.... lol just not my forte.

ugggggh I am in the perfect place financially to own all 5 of my cars, but this whole performante thing is throwing a wrench in that.

Here is more of my viper since you like the color.

Jon

whats the color code on the viper?

and as for the stable change- i wouldnt jump yet unless you have to have the P. it will depreciate a LOT and IMO better to keep what you have- its always nice to have a vertible in the stable- i have 4 of them.. actually my only coupe is the murcie.

will the Demon be allowed on the track >? i know locally theyre saying even stock cars need a cage if they are faster than 10 secs now-- id skip on the demon and wait for the performante spyder and/or a significant price drop- -

1) The number of LP640 roadster is finite; they have seized production. This is especially true for a Monterey Blue one. In case you regret it, you probably won't get it back; at least not without quite a premium.

2) Not really a fan of the GTR personally but as you said MY2017 is likely the best of the series so far. It's likely the best bang for the buck. A brand new one should be around the corner soon. (Look for hints in a month or so from the Tokyo Motor Show.)

3) ACR-E. I don't think any elaboration is needed. (Very nice looking car btw.)

The Performante is a totally different beast than the LP640 and to each its own. The P would likely drive circles around the LP640 but nothing beats a V12 scissor-door flagship Lamborghini; and, again, especially one in M. Blue. There is plenty of life left in the Huracan series so there is a high probability that a better, faster and more capable model than the current Performante will surface in 20 months time.

1. I know I know.... and mine is THE most highly optioned out one from the factory, bar none (460k sticker)

2. At 120k I doubt its the best bang for the buck, and trust me, I HATE the GTR like everyone else, but after owning FIVE, I have to admit, I also love it. They just FINALLY got it right in 2017, all prior years are wanna-be-boy-racers, but the 2017 has refinements like no version before it. I however FREELY give full credit to anyone who hates it, I 100% understand.... just drive it/own it, and it will change you, burn all prior years. Sadly I think you might be wrong about the new version, there is a belief on nagtroc.org (owners forum), that no 2018 is coming, and that they are skipping that year for some odd reason, but if they do make one, it will be the same as the 2017. GTRs arent special, just saying the 2017 is pretty kickass if your a GTR guy at all (which I blame NO ONE if they are not).

3. ACR-E honestly blew me away, I regretted ordering it, until the day I drove it, and now I can't imagine life without it. Might be willing to sell one of my kids before it. lol.

The switch for me would be the Viper. I don't know if it is necessary to have two cars made for the track. Can you drive the HP to see if it is worth making the switch? Im not a fan of the GTR either but seems you are. If the switch is to be made it would be Viper for HP. Best of luck, nice problem to have ;)

I cant dump the viper, the damn thing literally has my name on it. With the 2017 being the DEMISE of the Viper, and me legitimately getting one of the last 50 ever made (its actually lower than that, but I dont know the exact number, so I error by rounding up). Only 20 or so was left in the plant the day before they shipped mine (I was at the plant 12 hours after mine got shipped). Its a special car to me, sure its still a dodge, but I have owned 3 other vipers, so this being the last one I will ever own makes it hard to get rid of. Its not that I dont agree with you, its not worlds above all else, its just last of its kind... and honestly the best one they have made to date. (2017 ACR-E 1 of 1)

I have a soft spot for Vipers, but I find them easier to get myself to sell than other cars. So I would sell the GTR and Viper.

all other years then 2017, are a commodity car to me, last of the bread makes it harder. GTR is by far less special than all the others. If its based solely on uniqueness the GTR is a kick in the nuts good-bye. But the 2017 GTR is finally about as good as the R35 is going to get in all around usability.

get the P!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eusa_dance:

So I went to the unavailing and I got taken for a ride. ( I think 1 of only 2 people tonight). Performance wise, the car is insane, looks wise, its not as great of a departue from the 'basic' hurican. Basically an SV aventador you KNOW is an SV, it puts it in your face. The only immediately distiguishable difference between a performante and a 'regular' hurican is the rear wing. I wish the performante had more presence. Performance wise, the seemly acceleration was INCREDIBLE. Sadly it does NOT sound as good as a v12, I dont give a shit WHAT anyone says, its got a unique sound, but its no 'formula 1, sounding v12' like the murciealgo is. One of my sons said 'Dad it sounds like the car is farting' ..... I couldnt have described it better. And thats coming from my son who ALWAYS asks me to REV fcuk everyone when we go down the road. lol. The P is hands down a better performer than anything I currently own. It sadly didnt check off EVERY box I had hoped it would.

MORE photos of the Roadster please!!!!

lol, I dont wanna be a douche who spams his own thread with photos of his cars, my gay photo of me next to my own cars was probably enough. However if you'd like more, I am on instagram: ill_smo_q and FAR better photos of the car exist in the 'photos of ill_smo_q' section of my profile, as my personally taken photos of my own cars suck. People have taken far better, and it doesnt hurt lots of hot chicks chose to pose next to them too (I have never paid of asked any chick to pose next to my Montery Blue Murci, they just seem to flock to it).

If you are willing to be patient, then I would keep the stable as is. You have a cool variety of cars. Wait till the Perf takes a dive and then if you still have the itch, pick up a used one. Meantime, continue to enjoy the LP640 while it keeps on appreciating.

Variety is honestly key to me, there is guys on here with INSANE collections that I would die for, or well kill others for, but with my dollars, I need cars that are unique to justify why I have them. 1. GTR is an amazing family hauler (4 seats, 2 kids in back, 2 adults in front), and great at a stop light, good on a road course, and good at 1/2 mile, good in all weather, and super reliable. 2. The Viper is an absolute TRACK monster, I took it out 3 weeks after owning it to VIR, and I literally beat everyone that day (many people are way faster, but this track day, I was the fastest). 3. Muricleago is for being that doucebag who shows up to a car show and dominates it, and taking it on a date to get laid with zero personality or more importantly the shitty one I have and constantly finding instagram/internet photos of me, and it which makes me feel far more special then I really am. So yes, each is very different and thats what I love about them. Demon is gonna destroy at the drag strip and thats cool too.

Since you asked I’d drop the Murci and the GTR.

I did ask, and someone could say DUMP THEM ALL, THEY ARE ALL SHIT, and I wouldnt get my feelings hurt, I asked the question because I wanted opinions. If I HAD to sell two, I think I agree with you, although the only one I would REGRET seling is the Murci. R36 GTR would make me careless about the 2017 at some future date. Sadly the Performante from tonight is NOT MAKING me careless about my murci right now. :/

Two ways I drive these fuckers often: 1. I work from home, some argue I dont work at all ... lol... my schedule is pretty insanely flexible. 2. I am a single Dad, so 1/2 the week is Dad more, the other half is free agent mode, and man do I maximize that time with going out and cars :).

hahaha, it DEFINITELY helps, when I was married, I am positive my then wife felt my cars were mistresses, she NEVER understood, while always claiming she understood, the key element that let me know is during the divorce she said: "The kids were number one, the cars were number two, and I was number three" I cant say she was wrong.

My wife never stops me but I still don’t have the time or opportunity, I am completely free today with nowhere to go LOL.

Going to test drive the Performante, that will give me a reason to take the SV out.

The girls that I go on dates, seem to be car fans, as they always are telling me which one they want to be picked up in on their dates (admittedly murciealgo wins 80% of the time). So single 'unattached' life helps put miles on the car too.

I would keep the Murcie. Incredibly rare spec, appreciating, roadster, and the v12. Perfs will start to depreciate and will be much easier to get compared to that spec Murcie.

If they didnt depreciate, it would be a fantastic purchase, its an incredible example of what Lamborghini can do, but losing 50-80k in a rear will hurt if its not believed they will hold their value.

I would keep what you have. The depreciation hit on the Performante is going to be strong in the first 12-18 months. Wait and save yourself the 50-80k ass whooping, and then pick one up without having to dump any cars.

The cars you have don't have that much of a depreciation problem. The fact that you can pick up a Perf today at MSRP tells you everything you need to know. An amazing car by any measure, but it will be just as amazing a year from now.

Funny you hit the ability for me to buy it for sticker, I thought the same thing. I thought, 'wait arent these going for 50-100k over sticker' the answer is, they sure arent. I think its an incredible bang for the buck in LAMBORGHINI world, but I am shocked to see its not got the colt following that would drive the price above msrp. My dealership has 2 allocation unspoken for.

Get rid of the GTR...shitbomb.

Is the Murci a stick? If not i'd get rid...egear is pretty shit.

Lol, I love your attitude, no I really do, it made me laugh. I covered your items above. Thanks for weighing in!

I can tell you one I can't go without is my 17 RAM 2500 Limited-- love that thing over all for everything :icon_mrgreen:

All the others get little attention so they come and go, the GTR is like a maxima and viper.... lol just not my forte.

hahaha, the ram is a 1500, but thats because I'll whoop your 2500's in a race. I only bought it to carry my dog around, no lie, but I wanted a fast truck, so I picked the lightest version with the biggest motor. It has headers, intake, throttle-body, v8, 8 speed trans, short gear ratio, tune, and a ton of other waste-of-money mods, but its funny to whoop people's asses at a stop light, its a sleeper for sure. No one looks at it, and I kinda like that about it.

Jon

whats the color code on the viper?

and as for the stable change- i wouldnt jump yet unless you have to have the P. it will depreciate a LOT and IMO better to keep what you have- its always nice to have a vertible in the stable- i have 4 of them.. actually my only coupe is the murcie.

will the Demon be allowed on the track >? i know locally theyre saying even stock cars need a cage if they are faster than 10 secs now-- id skip on the demon and wait for the performante spyder and/or a significant price drop- -

That viper color is a 2000 'jon color' I picked it from a pallet, my guess is there is zero others in the world. I got lucky on a chart when I randomly picked it out of the 8000 other color options. well ok, truth, I fucked up, first sample they sent me of my first choice, almost made me vomit, then after bitching to the factory, they allowed me to pick a new color. I have two models of my car from the factory. The first color I fucked up on, and then the second color that I personally think I got right lol.

The demon will be allowed on the track, remember its NHRA sanctioned events, I wont be able to compete but plenty of other NON compete events and TRACKS arent sactioned by NHRA, and therefore allowed on track. Worse case scenario, I bolt in a roll-cage. Wether its allowed on a track or not, its minor to me, at a stop light, NHRA can fcuk off.

Dump the GT-R, wait for the coming price drops of Performante's, besides, why sell a flagship V12 for a V10. Doesn't sound like you settle, why start now? ;)

I'm starting to see the rationale in this, minus the dump the GTR thing ;)

Lastly I genuinely appreciate EVERYONE'S feedback, its gone a long way to make this less of a struggle for me.

It will be up for the next 20 hours or so, but if any of you use snapchat: murci_me

Watch my daily story, which is solely about the Performante unveiling amd the drive I went on.

It will be up for the next 20 hours or so, but if any of you use snapchat: murci_me

Watch my daily story, which is solely about the Performante unveiling amd the drive I went on.

So what’s your opinion of the P after the test drive ?

If you decide to sell the roadster PM me, looking for one.

Ugh... so the struggle of a Car nut.

Vechicles I currently own:

2009 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Roadster (Monterrey Blue)

2016 Dodge Ram truck (Blue)

2017 Nissan GTR (Blaze Orange)

2017 Dodge Viper ACR-E (Blue)

ON ORDER:

2018 Dodge Demon (Plum Crazy)

So my struggle.... I have an opportunity to get an orange Performante Hurican at MSRP (320k sticker) but honestly budget and rationality says 6 cars for a single guy (so I cant pawn one off to a wife), is excessive.

So I am thinking I'd have to sell the Murcielago LP640 and one other car to make sure the Performante purchase was 'rational' in my mind.

Am I crazy? I really love the Viper ACRE, its a monster on track. The truck is cheap, and easily sold for an american car depreciation price, but not really solving anything by getting rid of it, other then a parking space. The 2017 GTR is worlds more loveable/enjoyable then all prior years R35. The demon is going to be a monster at the drag strip. So what do I give up along with the Murcielago to make it make sense? Ugh, the lp640 has been loved, but the performante sounds like an incredible car.

Also I love roadster/convertible, am I jumping the gun on getting the coupe performante before the convertible comes out?

Seriously, this isnt a jerkfest, I really am struggling with this. I have to go tonight to the unvailing of the Performante and write a deposit check or avoid the thing all together.

Please help!

Thanks,

Jon