johnny boehmer proving ground indulgence

Lamboperth

Hi all,

now here is a bit of indulgence!!

https://www.baddgt.com/provinggrounds/

All the big hitters on this forum, including the biggest hitters of all, the UR team and the lucky owners of UR Lamborghini and R8's, have proved their performance credentials at the half mile and TI in the last year :eusa_dance:

The odd comment has been made on the shortness of some of the events braking areas after reaching mega speeds of 230mph+ - eek!

However, no braking problem at this three mile long runway!

Would be great to see a UR car set new half mile record at this runway!

Hey, even on pump gas, my little ole stage 3 was faster than a much vaunted 918 spyder at WGF sulphur Springs last year!

Seasons greetings to all and a safe and happy 2017!

cheers,

john

Hi all,

now here is a bit of indulgence!!

https://www.baddgt.com/provinggrounds/

All the big hitters on this forum, including the biggest hitters of all, the UR team and the lucky owners of UR Lamborghini and R8's, have proved their performance credentials at the half mile and TI in the last year :eusa_dance:

The odd comment has been made on the shortness of some of the events braking areas after reaching mega speeds of 230mph+ - eek!

However, no braking problem at this three mile long runway!

Would be great to see a UR car set new half mile record at this runway!

Hey, even on pump gas, my little ole stage 3 was faster than a much vaunted 918 spyder at WGF sulphur Springs last year!

Seasons greetings to all and a safe and happy 2017!

cheers,

john

Way too much to squeeze into on a 1 day event. Look at their timeline below on how they will do it, lol! That will be a cluster. These other 1/2 mile events are setup so much nicer.

7:00AM

SAFETY BRIEFING, CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST

7:30 - 8:00AM

IMRA TECH INSPECTIONS, IMRA RIDE ALONG, 150MPH IMRA DRIVER CERTIFICATION

8:00 - 11:30AM

1/2 MILE - 1 MILE RUN ON THE SPACE SHUTTLE LANDING FACILITY RUNWAY

12:00 - 1:00PM

LUNCH PROVIDED, BBQ AND DRINKS

1:00 - 4:00PM

TOP SPEED MILE RUNS ON THE JOHNNY BöHMER PROVING GROUNDS.

4:30PM

RECOGNITION OF DRIVERS, CARS AND TOP SPEED AWARD RANKINGS / TEST RESULTS

there are usually just handful of cars there, it's a lot more $$ than a typical 1/2 mile event... I don't think they do side by side racing either.... I was bidding on a spot at a charity auction, 2 drivers and 6 cars and it went up to $8k, pretty sure you can get it for less directly...

what an awesome place to run, 100 yards wide and 3 miles long... :)

wait... is this the same guy that setup the phony 283 1 mile pass......? the word is Guinness book of world records was there and certified it but they were going off equipment that was setup by Johnny.. would be surprised if any top tuners waste their time there.... any record there wont mean anything without Vbox backup.

Seems like a cool place to race.

That does look like an awesome venue. Line up a UGR X2 package Huracan or a Gallardo next to that Bohmer Ford BADDGT and show them who is boss.

• 1 month later...

Heffner and Ob prestige ran a best 241.6 in their blue car. The rwd car ran a best 223. Sounded like the event ran for more than a day due to the weather.

Ob prestige has a video on their Facebook page.

Same guy who claims he has the 1 mile record of 283mph but no one else has been allowed to run on that runway until just recently. I still don't know if anyone has done a 1 mile run.

I would assume Heffner or UGR could break whatever the ford got that got 283mph standing mile. Question is, did he do it in 1 mile or longer as its 3 miles long with no public.

Yes I've seen in car video of him driving but was it a mile?

Heffner and Ob prestige ran a best 241.6 in their blue car. The rwd car ran a best 223. Sounded like the event ran for more than a day due to the weather.

Ob prestige has a video on their Facebook page.

I saw the Vbox (end speed) but does anyone know what the (trap speed) was that recorded by the event timing equipment? Just wondering how close that event speed setup was to the vbox. Def want to go to one of those events in the future.

Same guy who claims he has the 1 mile record of 283mph but no one else has been allowed to run on that runway until just recently. I still don't know if anyone has done a 1 mile run.

I would assume Heffner or UGR could break whatever the ford got that got 283mph standing mile. Question is, did he do it in 1 mile or longer as its 3 miles long with no public.

Yes I've seen in car video of him driving but was it a mile?

He should take the GT to a public race event and go for the 1 mile 283 there. That would kill the doubts.

I saw the Vbox (end speed) but does anyone know what the (trap speed) was that recorded by the event timing equipment? Just wondering how close that event speed setup was to the vbox. Def want to go to one of those events in the future.

Sorry I wasn't there. Not sure. I know the 1/2 mile markers were done by a surveyor. It was dead accurate for distance.