Murcielago TT

Sharpieferrari

I'm currently having my Murcielago twin turbo'd and was wondering if anyone owns one on here. Looking for tips and pointers. I drive my cars so it will be rallied and cross countried just the same as it has been under my care for the last four years...

My advice... keep the power level low...

:iamwithstupid:

The drivetrain isn't nearly as robust as the Gallardo. Keep it mild or you'll be in a world of hurt.

I'm currently having my Murcielago twin turbo'd and was wondering if anyone owns one on here. Looking for tips and pointers. I drive my cars so it will be rallied and cross countried just the same as it has been under my care for the last four years...

Member tomlang89

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...c=79375&hl=

So I have a 2003 Murcielago. Ive owned it for almost five years now and get bored quite often as my pic of color changes and wraps will show. So I decided to TT it after the guys at Straightline Performance in Joliet have done a few crazy builds for me in the past. We were putting off doing the mod to my murci until we got all the facts about what the stock block can hold, what the rear end can hold, and who can tune once complete. So we solved the issues out and now have commenced the work. I agree we are keeping boost levels moderately low and staying well within 3 digit hp range. Any input or help along the way is appreciated!!!

IMG_9950.JPG

IMG_9981.JPG

IMG_9894.JPG

Out of the ones we built, we never have had any transmission, engine or any other drive-train issues. Were you might struggle is finding a good clutch. We used to get carbon clutches made but RPS stopped making them as the demand wasn't there. ;( I don't have any experience with the other Murci clutches that are out there from other aftermarket clutch manufactures.

I might add if the demand ever picked up, we would make a ceramic clutch like we do for the Gallardos and Aventadors. They work like stock and can hold up to 1500whp.

Out of the ones we built, we never have had any transmission, engine or any other drive-train issues. Were you might struggle is finding a good clutch. We used to get carbon clutches made but RPS stopped making them as the demand wasn't there. ;( I don't have any experience with the other Murci clutches that are out there from other aftermarket clutch manufactures.

I might add if the demand ever picked up, we would make a ceramic clutch like we do for the Gallardos and Aventadors. They work like stock and can hold up to 1500whp.

I appreceiate the chime in and help. The clutch will be an issue and will be addressed. I just finished reading an unfortunate post between you and another member and glad to see you are helpful to those that aren't even a customer of yours. Im sure I'll have other questions and quirks come up but look forward to being part of the TT community in general. Racing won't be in my future but long trips and fun times await!

Happy to fill you in with my 12 months of ownership of my UGR 2003 Murci, shoot away with specific questions or drop me a PM and we can talk over the phone which may be easier....

Tom

I appreceiate the chime in and help. The clutch will be an issue and will be addressed. I just finished reading an unfortunate post between you and another member and glad to see you are helpful to those that aren't even a customer of yours. Im sure I'll have other questions and quirks come up but look forward to being part of the TT community in general. Racing won't be in my future but long trips and fun times await!

No problem, good luck with build!

• 2 weeks later...
Holy crap you got 2 Murcielagos? LP640 and the early one? That TT is going to be a BEAST! Nice stuff.

Man I wish! I only have the one. A 2003 murcielago with a LB Performance liberty walk kit before they were wide body. I just added the LP 640 taillights the other day.

Are you using the stock exhaust manifolds?

Yes, I was told the stock manifolds are a high flow great design and to change them was pointless. We removed and inspected them and determined that they were more than sufficient for the twin turbo platform. Have u heard otherwise? I'm all for any input good or bad. Thanks. Scott

What are you doing for ECU? I have a fabricator that can knock this out quick. The biggest issue i was facing is how to go about getting it tuned? Are you doing a full Motec ECU? All inputs would be appreciated. You should also find my thread where i did full custom exhaust manifold on my LP640 and picked up 50-60whp. The stock headers are very restrictive with all the sharp angles they have. But my picked up quite a bit of power.