Tracked The Aventador S Today

Supercar Ace

That car can move and seriously handle :eusa_dance: I still stand by my earlier feeling...the SV is the ultimate version of the Aventador right now because as fun as the S is, it's still a bit more civilized than the SV...the SV is the most raw variant. However, if you don't need your Lamborghini to be that raw but you still want it to be capable, the S is a great way to go. We were at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana and I got it well over 150 mph easily and the car wasn't even trying...it had plenty of balls left to go...I wish I would have had more clearance to give 200 mph an honest shot. On the infield handling course the all-wheel steering was witchcraft...hard to believe a car that big could feel so nimble. It's the proper combo of sheer terror and precision and the single-clutch makes the shift violent, sharp and exciting. I'm not a fan of DSC systems...they are too smooth and don't give enough sensation of speed...the ISR single clutch makes every shift and event in Corsa mode and it ensures you won't ever be asleep at the wheel, not that the loud roar of the V12 behind you would ever allow that. All in all the Aventador S fantastic machine that takes all of the great things about past Lambos and turns the dial up, while adding in some new things to enhance the insanity. I've driven it on the street and track now, and I'd say it's a blast to drive on either.

post-8919-1505258345_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1505258352_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1505258359_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1505258367_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1505258382_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1505258414_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1505258423_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1505258432_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1505258438_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1505258448_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1505258457_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1505258489_thumb.jpg

Looks like a fun time! Who put on this event? Lambo corporate or a local dealer?

It was run through corporate. I'm hoping I can do the Perfromante track day at Thermal next month, if business doesn't get in the way.

Wait until the Jota SV comes out...that's why everyone is dumping the current SV's.

Looking forward to seeing what the SV 2.0 will be like :eusa_dance:

Glad you had fun. Think they did a fantastic job with the S. But SV is still king! Raw like a lambo should be.

:iamwithstupid: how was the Huracan compared to the S on the track?

Great review, thanks! I agree with you on the single clutch vs dct. DCT is just too smooth for my liking. What's the best way to find out about events like these? Would love to try some out!

Looks like an awesome event, thanks for sharing!

:icon_thumleft:

fcuk that is a great looking car. Thanks for sharing.

:eusa_dance:

They look very good thank you for the review.

:icon_super:

Glad you had fun. Think they did a fantastic job with the S. But SV is still king! Raw like a lambo should be.

Yup, but really, it's hard to go wrong with an Aventador

:iamwithstupid: how was the Huracan compared to the S on the track?

The Huracan (standard) feels way more tame and softer. The Aventador S feels fster and shockingly more agile, which I would credit the all-wheel steering for. Hopefully I'll be tracking the Performante so I can see what that can really do. The Huracan is a great car, but the Aventador s has the full V12 savagery paired with a shocking amount of agility. The Aventador S feels big when you're in it but feels smaller when you're driving it...I was making some quick turns in rapid succession and I was able to lace the car exactly where I wanted it every time.

Great review, thanks! I agree with you on the single clutch vs dct. DCT is just too smooth for my liking. What's the best way to find out about events like these? Would love to try some out!

You can touch base with your dealer and they can get you set up. Or shoot me a PM, sometime the corporate events you can register for directly.

Great write up and yes I'm loving my single clutch :) still shifts bloody quick and with all the drama

Single clutch all the way!!! I'm sticking to my guns, the ISR was the best move for the Aventador to really set it apart. No other modern car feels as old-school savage as the Aventador. DSC is too clever for it's own good and there's only a certain point when 10/10ths off a lap time matters for road cars.

Nice review Ace!!

Pretty surprising to see how nimble the Aventador is. It seems like as good as the Murcielago was, they found room for more capability on the track. Rear wheel steering is something to experience and get used to I'm sure.

And yes those single clutch upshifts are better for the "experience". It's weird to think about but single clutch semi-auto is close to manual with the upshift "bang" while the dual clutch is basically like a faster torque converter automatic with ability to manually shift. Part of why stickshifts are still so revered isn't just the clutch pedal and the gear change but that jolt that you'll never get with a transmission that doesn't disengage the engine. Also, for those of us who fall in love with our ears, the manual/single clutch cars will sound better too....at least on upshifts.

Now that everyone has else has migrated over to dual clutch transmissions, it probably behooves Lamborghini to stick with them on the V12 cars to stand out.

Nice review Ace!!

Pretty surprising to see how nimble the Aventador is. It seems like as good as the Murcielago was, they found room for more capability on the track. Rear wheel steering is something to experience and get used to I'm sure.

And yes those single clutch upshifts are better for the "experience". It's weird to think about but single clutch semi-auto is close to manual with the upshift "bang" while the dual clutch is basically like a faster torque converter automatic with ability to manually shift. Part of why stickshifts are still so revered isn't just the clutch pedal and the gear change but that jolt that you'll never get with a transmission that doesn't disengage the engine. Also, for those of us who fall in love with our ears, the manual/single clutch cars will sound better too....at least on upshifts.

Now that everyone has else has migrated over to dual clutch transmissions, it probably behooves Lamborghini to stick with them on the V12 cars to stand out.

Thank you. Lamborghini is the only place where you can get a naturally aspirated V12 with a single clutch that's mid-egined for that true supercar feel...who'd have seen that coming?

:icon_thumleft:

:eusa_dance:

:icon_super:

Yup, but really, it's hard to go wrong with an Aventador

The Huracan (standard) feels way more tame and softer. The Aventador S feels fster and shockingly more agile, which I would credit the all-wheel steering for. Hopefully I'll be tracking the Performante so I can see what that can really do. The Huracan is a great car, but the Aventador s has the full V12 savagery paired with a shocking amount of agility. The Aventador S feels big when you're in it but feels smaller when you're driving it...I was making some quick turns in rapid succession and I was able to lace the car exactly where I wanted it every time.

You can touch base with your dealer and they can get you set up. Or shoot me a PM, sometime the corporate events you can register for directly.

Single clutch all the way!!! I'm sticking to my guns, the ISR was the best move for the Aventador to really set it apart. No other modern car feels as old-school savage as the Aventador. DSC is too clever for it's own good and there's only a certain point when 10/10ths off a lap time matters for road cars.

wow very interesting! I'm going to drive an S next weekend!

wow very interesting! I'm going to drive an S next weekend!

Let me know your thoughts. I still think the SV is 5 points ahead as the ultimate version because the S is still a bit civilized...but It's still a properly insane car :icon_thumleft: