LAMBOPOWER EXCLUSIVE! CGT SUPERSPORTS! VBOX

Allan-Herbie

Thanks to guys at Bentley and Ogara Bentley, Deuce and I had the opportunity today to get behind the wheel of not one, but two CGT Supersports! The guys at Ogara as always put on a great event. Thanks Manfried and Janelle!

As for the car.. It is certainly amazing and we got to drive them for around 80 miles I believe.. We did canyons, straightline etc..

My impressions. The car looks great. The interior is amazing, love the new alcantera steering wheel. The seats are supercomfortable, however they lack the ability to go up and down which would all but eliminate my wife from being able to drive the car as she is short. Everything else is pretty familiar, and this brings us to the cars first fault. The NAV. It totally sucks ass, same Nav as I have in my Gt. The Supersports does not have rear seats, which for me is a negative, although we were informed that there will more than likley be an option to have rear seats, more than likley it will cost abit of performance.

The brakes are outstanding, huge carbon ceramics. However they dont feel at all like ceramics. Very smooth, no sudden bite. Driving through the canyons you instantly feel that this is still a very heavy car. A canyon carver it is not, and anyone wanting to buy this car thinking it would be fun on track is going to be dissapointed. Is it better than the Gt, yes of course but thats not saying much. Then again, would anyone really buy this car based on track times?

Where this car shines, and it is noght and day from the CGT, is in acceleration.. We were able to take this car to my favorite testing ground where Ive also run my CGT. You may remember my best times as 0-60 in 4.3, 0-100 in 11.2 and 1/4 [email protected]. Well the Supersports destroys those times. Before going on, I will say that the car is still more capable than what I got. In my CGT I ran like 10 X, here we only tried 3 times, I had a passnager etc.. Anyways on my first run with the car simply in drive I got :

0-60=3.7

0-100=9.2

1/4 mile from what I remember on a bad run was [email protected] mph.. I have no doubt the car will go quicker. It was still a new car only 900 miles,passenger,full tank etc. Inmo, on a nice cool day prob 12.00/12.20 @ 116/117. If Id had more time we could of done tests in all transmission modes and no doubt gone faster and hopefully when Aaron gets the files my first run ma have bettered that 12.4 by a good bit. The transmission in the new car shifts MUCH faster than in my GT. it inmo is more impressive than the additional mods and lends itself moreto the increased performance.

All in all it was an awesome car with a few flaws still to be worked out.. Have a short vid to upload and pics.

Definitely fast, almost as quick as a pre LP560 G! I can't see them selling many w/o rear seating..... whats the point?

Definitely fast, almost as quick as a pre LP560 G! I can't see them selling many w/o rear seating..... whats the point?

From a dead stop Inmo the car will beat a preLp 560 99x out of 100... Im not the best driver...Im not the worst.. and out of the 4-5x I drag raced my SE I got a 12.45@116... even you know that it took plenty of passes to get your 11.89 and the majority of your runs were in the 12's.

As for the rear seating.. I agree

is that link only for VIP members or something cause it doesn't work for me?

Hmm should work just fine.. Just check the Lambopower Tried and tested forum.

From a dead stop Inmo the car will beat a preLp 560 99x out of 100... Im not the best driver...Im not the worst.. and out of the 4-5x I drag raced my SE I got a 12.45@116... even you know that it took plenty of passes to get your 11.89 and the majority of your runs were in the 12's.

As for the rear seating.. I agree

No doubt, there is something to be said for a brute of a car, that goes fast, handles well, and will smoke the typical exotic car you encounter on the road.

No doubt, there is something to be said for a brute of a car, that goes fast, handles well, and will smoke the typical exotic car you encounter on the road.
Ya the car is pretty sweet. now I want to see how well my car performs with the chip and exhaust upgrade..

Ya the car is pretty sweet. now I want to see how well my car performs with the chip and exhaust upgrade..

Should be a lot faster, chipping a turbo is the way to go, lotta bang for the buck. :icon_thumleft:

Nice! The best thing about them is the interior but price wise you can get a 1k mile speed and save over 100k and get the back seat as well. Don't get me wrong, I like the car but watching the rapid depreciation these days puts a bit of a damper on the latest and greatest.

Too bad they dont make a 4 door, I love my GTC, but I want a flying spur now.

Aaron

i wouldnt be suprised to see a 4 door supersports version come out.. just like they did with the Speed.

Bentley dealers are already scared of the car. Willing to knock off big bucks at most places. Four door will not happen I am almost sure. I think the problem is that, with most people's idea of what a Bentley is, peoples perception is that the car should have power seats and a back seat and a variety of other things that this edition is lacking. I like the way the car looks though. Aaron, you should be able to get a pretty good deal on a Spur right now. Good luck with that.

Bentley dealers are already scared of the car. Willing to knock off big bucks at most places. Four door will not happen I am almost sure. I think the problem is that, with most people's idea of what a Bentley is, peoples perception is that the car should have power seats and a back seat and a variety of other things that this edition is lacking. I like the way the car looks though. Aaron, you should be able to get a pretty good deal on a Spur right now. Good luck with that.

Its kinda of true.. I mean if money aint a thing.. well you can buy whatever you want all the time.. however if you are buying a 2 door sportscar.. wouldnt you just buy a real sportscar? Using myself as an example if the CGT did not have a back seat I wouldnt own one right now.

Its kinda of true.. I mean if money aint a thing.. well you can buy whatever you want all the time.. however if you are buying a 2 door sportscar.. wouldnt you just buy a real sportscar? Using myself as an example if the CGT did not have a back seat I wouldnt own one right now.

I'd like to know Allan what you run after your upgrades and what the upgrades are. I like CGT prices nowadays for a DD.

I'd like to know Allan what you run after your upgrades and what the upgrades are. I like CGT prices nowadays for a DD.

I will hopefully install the EVOMS chip shortly..vbox.. then do the exhaust and vbox.. if my Gt performs anywhere near the Supersports it will be amazing!