Garage coming along

Installed some extra wide Direct lifts, floors done, cabinets. Getting ready to add some more creampuffs so need the space. Wall art coming next.

38257353_10212221929849800_4906631129269796864_n.jpg

38420318_10212221929049780_3866660920881053696_n.jpg

38239092_10212221930249810_8268640213278916608_n.jpg

38428674_10212221929369788_6048716100676354048_n.jpg

Really nice!!! Looks like you have room for one more car ;) ;)

Spoken like a true car guy. ;)

Garage looks great !!!

I would run some outlets on the ceiling. Would power the lift much nicer than being plugged in the wall. Great garage !! Did you consider backyard buddy? They make great lifts also.

Excellent! I have the DirectLift too and is still working great after all these years even with shake & quake CA. I was going to do another lift side by side like you, but in a 2 car garage it would be pretty tight on all sides. But you have more space on the sides being at least 4 car (2 garage doors). But the heavy ramps are a bit of a pain in the back, so I may some of these shown in the link below under "Rack Ramps". They seem to fit right into the ramp grooves to be secure like the heavy ramps and are much lighter than the metal units yet very sturdy. Just need to do some measurements to see what may fit. Just FYI, I see your units are not bolted to the floor. My Directlift installers said it is not really good to bolt them to the floor because they are meant to shimmy very slightly when the car goes up and down; otherwise they have seen some cement floors crack with them bolted down. Mine being not bolted down has survived many CA quakes without any problems such as it moving around on the ground or toppling over in a quake, etc.

https://raceramps.com/ramp-category/rack-and-lift-ramps/

Looks fantastic but could you get them to install the power sockets for your lifts into the ceiling ?

Yes, I need an electrician to come

Excellent! I have the DirectLift too and is still working great after all these years even with shake & quake CA. I was going to do another lift side by side like you, but in a 2 car garage it would be pretty tight on all sides. But you have more space on the sides being at least 4 car (2 garage doors). But the heavy ramps are a bit of a pain in the back, so I may some of these shown in the link below under "Rack Ramps". They seem to fit right into the ramp grooves to be secure like the heavy ramps and are much lighter than the metal units yet very sturdy. Just need to do some measurements to see what may fit. Just FYI, I see your units are not bolted to the floor. My Directlift installers said it is not really good to bolt them to the floor because they are meant to shimmy very slightly when the car goes up and down; otherwise they have seen some cement floors crack with them bolted down. Mine being not bolted down has survived many CA quakes without any problems such as it moving around on the ground or toppling over in a quake, etc.

https://raceramps.com/ramp-category/rack-and-lift-ramps/

Good to hear! I have the race ramps on order already. The steel ones are a bit heavy

Good to hear! I have the race ramps on order already. The steel ones are a bit heavy

Good to hear, I have yet to measure my ramps to potentially get a pair. My only concern is that being so light I was wondering if they may flip out of place if you happen to hit them on somewhat odd entry. But the lip that slips into the lift seems pretty deep. I don't know how you drive in forward kind of blind. I have to go in with rear end first while holding my wife's round make up mirror out to the side to view the tires on the ramp as I go on the ramp. My modified Panteras are pretty wide just slightly off edge by about 1/4 inch on each side, so it helps me keep pretty precise on the ramp. I can't do head first anyway because the rear of the car is much taller than the front and the garage door would hit the top rear. I am tighter vertical space than you! Nice clean garage you have too!

What did you do to the floor? I'm building my house right now and trying to squeeze in a 5 car garage. Would love to do something similar to your floor. I like that glossy look.

That is an incredible set up and collection. Hoping to get mine looking like that in the near future. Congrats. It is spectacular.

Looks excellent Allan!

Looks great, so much thinking goes into these type of setups and looking at what other people do makes it much easier to some to decide on their projects. So with that, thank you for sharing the pictures.